• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX R Black Top

Hi, since the NSX R is not sold here in the US I'd like to convert the 2002 NSX into an nsx R. However one of the most distinct features on the NSX R is the black hard top. I know the early model, I believe 93 came w/ the black top. But is there a way to convert the new nsxs to a black top like that of the nsx r? I don't know how it's done or if anyone has done it before. Your help is appreciated.

You can paint the roof black to get the look you're after. Others have done this before and it's not a big deal, more of a preference.

I know of two of us that are doing it. The other actually had the roof replaced with a Coupe route (for 100% accuracy). I'm just having the various roof pieces painted.

Ryan

RyanITV said:
I know of two of us that are doing it. The other actually had the roof replaced with a Coupe route (for 100% accuracy). I'm just having the various roof pieces painted.

Ryan

Is the other car done yet, do you know??

Could you not do a black vinyl overlay? It would look great and you could always put it back to original if you wanted to sell?

Anyone have a photo of a non black T, with a black top and the roof panel removed?
I read somewhere that Honda went to the same color roof when the T came out for that reason. (didn't look right) And 95 and later coupe's had the option of black top, or body color.

MCM said:
Anyone have a photo of a non black T, with a black top and the roof panel removed?
I read somewhere that Honda went to the same color roof when the T came out for that reason. (didn't look right) And 95 and later coupe's had the option of black top, or body color.

Bad angle and fuzzy pic....

oc.jpg

NetViper said:
Could you not do a black vinyl overlay? It would look great and you could always put it back to original if you wanted to sell?

You can, but cast vinyl tends to melt on the removable roof when it's stored above the engine in the clamshell. I ended up just pulling it off my '04 because it started to look ragged. I figure if I want to go back to stock with the roof color, I can always have the black repainted to GPW.

Ryan

Back