• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX-R Chassis/Sway Bars - Highly Recommended

Tytus-Car has 7K miles on it and this was my first mod. I checked front tires and they have at least a quarter inch of tread and seem to be evenly warn. I was also wondering if the lower chassis bar and type r bar were hitting each other, but ruled it out since the bars are from SOS and didn't think I needed the spacer kit unless it was a thicker aftermarket bar.

Captain- the car tracks straight with no hands on wheel, but I did notice that the wheel is now Slightly off center to the right. Was not like this before install of bars. Not sure how this could be. Maybe with the stiffer bars, a pre-existing toe condition is becoming more pronounced. But again, no visible uneven tire wear on the fronts.

Thanks, guys! After speaking with Chris in person at NSXPO about this mod, and him stating he had these items arriving quite soon:
1 - epp-561 Honda JDM NSX-R FRONT LOWER Chassis Reinforcement Bar $89.20
1 - epp-562 Honda JDM NSX-R FRONT Chassis Reinforcement Bar & Bracket Set $159.00
I just ordered them.
Thanks also to LarryB for taking time to explain front suspension set-up to me at the Tech session that Saturday!

Those symptoms of the front wandering are usually caused by not enough toe or sometimes brand new front tires where the mold release agent has been worn off yet (300-500 miles). Both cases tend to make the car follow ruts in the road, wander and feel sloppy after making lane changes.

I installed the NSX-R chassis bars and really noticed the stiffer front end.

I removed the front bumper to do the job. It doesn't really take that much time to take the bumper off. This allows you to remove and trim the radiator air director correctly. I made a templete to mark the inside of the air director. Send me a PM and I will e-mail it to you. Just print it out, cut it out and you will see where it sits. Mark the opening with a Sharpie and then trim out the piece. I couldn't get it to attach, too big. Sorry.
Brad

Last edited:
I installed the NSX-R chassis bars and really noticed the stiffer front end.

I removed the front bumper to do the job. It doesn't really take that much time to take the bumper off. This allows you to remove and trim the radiator air director correctly. I made a templete to mark the inside of the air director. Send me a PM and I will e-mail it to you. Just print it out, cut it out and you will see where it sits. Mark the opening with a Sharpie and then trim out the piece. I couldn't get it to attach, too big. Sorry.
Brad

PM sent. Thanks much!

Would it help at all to do just the lower front bar? Just to avoid the long installation time of the top front one. Anyone tried this?

The mod is supposed to improve performance. If you don't properly install it it won't. If you are really trying to improve performace install the mod correctly. If not, don't even buy one bar. I have never seen just one done but it is quite possible that performance won't improve or could actually decrease with only one bar.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input guys. Captain- I think were correct in your suggestion of the new tire syndrome. I was having the exact problems you described. Now that I have a couple of hundred miles on the tires, not experiencing any more of the poor handling symptoms. I also rechecked the tire pressures cold and re-torqued the wheels. I am now 100% satisfied with the addition of the chassis bars and the NSX-R sway bar. Handling is definitely improved. I highly recommend these additions. And anyone thinking of installing should also think about using Tytus' method if they do not want to remove the front bumper. Once you remove the radiator duct from below you can cut the duct easily and have enough room to install the front chassis bar. I took mine to Davis Acura and their mechanic Bernie had the bars in place in just over an hours time using this method. Thanks for the tip Tytus!

Back