• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx r engine cover experts. Need help? Lol! Mexiricer comtec

I received an na2 nsx r prop rod stay bracket from Japan that I never knew existed thanks to mexiricers na2 thread

Upon installing this on my 1993 na1 nsx I discovered that my na1 nsx has a large resistor for the na1 fuel injectors. that the na2 nsx r does not have. Please see pictures attached red nsx is na1 with silver large fuel injector resistor. Blue nsx is na2 nsx without the resistor

1) is there an na1 nsx r prop rod stay bracket that is designed for Use with the na1 fuel injector resistor that I can order. Please let me know the part number?

Fun stuff that I'm learning 15 years into nsx ownership!

Thanks
For the help

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    209.7 KB · Views: 456
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    100.8 KB · Views: 464
Last edited:
I bought the aftermarket bracket from speed by design. The guy is on the FB groups and it costs a little over $20 and totally worth it.

The parts from speed by design are perfect. (I have them). It is way better to use his prop rod mount as opposed to drilling two holes in the car.

For the rod stay which is what I'm talking about, I would like to find out if there is an na1 nsxr mount that woukd have the provision for the prop rod stay AND the oem fuel injector relay

That's what I'm talking about. I have the speed by design rod stay. It allows you to keep the original harness bracket.

I have the speed by design rod stay bracket. What I want is to know if there is an oem na1 nsxr bracket so that I only have one bracket for the rod stay. Not two as with sos or speed by design. Most people don't care. I'm not like most people

Whats up Tom!

I honestly think I got lucky that I ordered the correct bracket for na2 w/o the larger fuel resistor assembly. If you look closely at the picture of my na2-r prop rod rest bracket, there is an unused male adapter thing ready for a plug to be clipped onto it. I assumed that was for the na1 larger fuel resistor assembly. If you really want to find it, you'd need to cross reference japanese honda parts catalog and find what you think would be the correct p/n, order it and test your luck. Thats what I did. Btw, Speed by Design is [MENTION=16180]comtec[/MENTION]'s company, wish I had held out a bit longer but had no idea his kit was in production. Oh well, salvage title nsx due to chassis drilling added to my mod list.

Okay, I get your question now. Best to find a first gen nsx-r and take a peek! let us know what you find.

OwR8Gm3MhO3TZIVUSJrVQeIZG1DkBg9wil5FA2qblxpcK93fxrP3OG_Ym9FnGniifdr1y_FOqYB4Q5fxjzw1Rgte0GPuxyby_VqhFhz2W8trmJRuRFxJfVaLN7brHMdgKJcSYqoHS_jcYMNhMisl1bejxlyrxCx5wPdV_87QY1XVfGbaw_R9dSb4QGnyNzoMxPEwr4ykl7OPctZzDVYoD_KB6AcCiGjSnqVh4rTWbcyStmwcvwPIkXWoBp-gdZ3KIHbXYx-b6cTtOjjsxMDJFK3CWncOM5fJoj806F3sRZBh74yOQsJMDX_JBL-GZwXgrdR_CMdHrlGlVIqOZcHXfSPtlBMlv6kalSJp8NZaA5nAYHfHm5SQT2MjGEnS9RkQf-CCn8QI4tEX9G2fzZyjEUv_wUOe1eu16HcIBAeqfbPiEUvyyUnPnArYAUwvmogFtJAuZ91qCc03ziyD1qhaiXX_mtclCWkwjQVlwlcbAqZsdUYTtKYPm2gqMv9_FG2_R3I-ZR0ceQZN6jTFCe6c0eD-QlWOjZBFLI9dsGaLIl4xGj5HyFjaj8TdXAH9-NTTBBDwpm3mUf6M-bEe_aJUl6I54DMW9bU6YdMJeF6icMpt00fWkpXEOg=w1080-h810-no

Mo-QSEQrI30Kke1hJKHtgk1LP4xBxBjdrmES4RpwRRxojJXiqTYAnDaFSxbJATLqkBUWRCESs40t0IQuTg1n1Wa_5hpx-diHS2FQEAu168iYXPTMFAOVDzmwOV7pCfUU_iCGDPyl-oRYsQOsWUNuPxjrFjoktSiQTnGIq_bjQ4n0XsMeWwXPCXkuRvHQs6SRLSU-ct9-ZISRwE3GQWElabeo1-xBnf5o0VyScS4rfFmd4u3pyg2tHJXY3YNRl5n68uLxcnrAvWiNhpR7thuDWbXjEMTP6K25Nws_22KevgFklyZwn_fTF_6SClGCJ8arpUaZWVUidqVNGgEpAFH-vdW6X8MNonwmMDe2SYFQtqYncpgeAkkmuJhzKPZmfHiXKcvAyEHUKozWTHKuW3ZXCkBB5Tgof5XCmAVcnUXSanF1XayAMqV4nvm2gJwWXUkCH7bykvtKQZFFY9z4lYxbu4ANyHSlkDhDI50F-_RJcjwgycuwU3JqhWYJVJcv-lREyyOxWUuehLeKZfQclsp9r4vzSTV6WYath6ambHIxPjDXGRZw6MeBVcOZZNOMVglGRoATtyMh6AbfvJSWKnyeF8KnO_0wDOTkm3KAAakIwtbPTmoecCalkQ=w1080-h810-no

NA1 Type-R stayed as non-DBW even for 95 model and any NA1 engine requires INJ resistor.
NA1 Type-R uses different bracket for its INJ resistor block.
I’m afraid you can’t buy just the bracket….

Kaz

Thank you Kaz.
Can the inj resistor fron a NA1-R be used on an earlier car - e.g. 1992 NA1 5MT?
Looks like NA1-R part number required is 30700-SL0-N11?

OwR8Gm3MhO3TZIVUSJrVQeIZG1DkBg9wil5FA2qblxpcK93fxrP3OG_Ym9FnGniifdr1y_FOqYB4Q5fxjzw1Rgte0GPuxyby_VqhFhz2W8trmJRuRFxJfVaLN7brHMdgKJcSYqoHS_jcYMNhMisl1bejxlyrxCx5wPdV_87QY1XVfGbaw_R9dSb4QGnyNzoMxPEwr4ykl7OPctZzDVYoD_KB6AcCiGjSnqVh4rTWbcyStmwcvwPIkXWoBp-gdZ3KIHbXYx-b6cTtOjjsxMDJFK3CWncOM5fJoj806F3sRZBh74yOQsJMDX_JBL-GZwXgrdR_CMdHrlGlVIqOZcHXfSPtlBMlv6kalSJp8NZaA5nAYHfHm5SQT2MjGEnS9RkQf-CCn8QI4tEX9G2fzZyjEUv_wUOe1eu16HcIBAeqfbPiEUvyyUnPnArYAUwvmogFtJAuZ91qCc03ziyD1qhaiXX_mtclCWkwjQVlwlcbAqZsdUYTtKYPm2gqMv9_FG2_R3I-ZR0ceQZN6jTFCe6c0eD-QlWOjZBFLI9dsGaLIl4xGj5HyFjaj8TdXAH9-NTTBBDwpm3mUf6M-bEe_aJUl6I54DMW9bU6YdMJeF6icMpt00fWkpXEOg=w1080-h810-no

Mo-QSEQrI30Kke1hJKHtgk1LP4xBxBjdrmES4RpwRRxojJXiqTYAnDaFSxbJATLqkBUWRCESs40t0IQuTg1n1Wa_5hpx-diHS2FQEAu168iYXPTMFAOVDzmwOV7pCfUU_iCGDPyl-oRYsQOsWUNuPxjrFjoktSiQTnGIq_bjQ4n0XsMeWwXPCXkuRvHQs6SRLSU-ct9-ZISRwE3GQWElabeo1-xBnf5o0VyScS4rfFmd4u3pyg2tHJXY3YNRl5n68uLxcnrAvWiNhpR7thuDWbXjEMTP6K25Nws_22KevgFklyZwn_fTF_6SClGCJ8arpUaZWVUidqVNGgEpAFH-vdW6X8MNonwmMDe2SYFQtqYncpgeAkkmuJhzKPZmfHiXKcvAyEHUKozWTHKuW3ZXCkBB5Tgof5XCmAVcnUXSanF1XayAMqV4nvm2gJwWXUkCH7bykvtKQZFFY9z4lYxbu4ANyHSlkDhDI50F-_RJcjwgycuwU3JqhWYJVJcv-lREyyOxWUuehLeKZfQclsp9r4vzSTV6WYath6ambHIxPjDXGRZw6MeBVcOZZNOMVglGRoATtyMh6AbfvJSWKnyeF8KnO_0wDOTkm3KAAakIwtbPTmoecCalkQ=w1080-h810-no

NA1 Type-R stayed as non-DBW even for 95 model and any NA1 engine requires INJ resistor.
NA1 Type-R uses different bracket for its INJ resistor block.
I’m afraid you can’t buy just the bracket….

Kaz

Last edited:
I on purposely didn't post the parts # because I was not sure of the compatibility between the INJ and the resistor block depending on the year models and the country spec.

As mentioned, you can't just buy the bracket.
You will be forced to replace the entire INJ resistor block that includes the holder/bracket.

Type-R was using different INJ spec depending on the eng # as well.

Looks like Honda superseded the INJ parts # on early year models.

In fact, the parts manufacture has now superseded the parts # of original INJ block and interesting enough, they now only manufacture the Type-R spec INJ block for all NA1 engine.

The parts # for the Type-R INJ resistor block is 30700-SL0-N11.
If you already have the white plastic rod holder, please re-use it.
This is now used by all NA1 engine upto 2005 models (AT stayed as NA1).
However, some of the country spec models with NA1 engine are using different INJ parts # depending on the year models compared to JDM but with the same resistor block so please check the compatibility at your own risk.

NA2 doesn't use this INJ resistor block because the INJ spec is different.

Please note that from time to time, the parts manufacture changes the parts design and material without telling Honda.
Therefore, even if you use this parts # (-N11), there is still a chance that you may not get the same parts design as in my photo above.

In US, this INJ resistor block is about $100.
You may want checking the price in Japan through Marc at The NSX Shop (userID: [MENTION=33290]SpeedyPartsJapan[/MENTION] ) in Vendor section.
He is also on FB NSX Prime group.

Kaz

Mystery solved. Located an na1-nsxr resistor / prop rod stay mount. This is how Honda did the prop rod stay on the na1 nsxr

image.jpgimage.jpg

Mike. Thanks.
Your kit is perfect. Much better then drilling my last car for the oem nsxr prop rod
What a great thing you have for the community!

So the mount with resistor is pre 1997 only. 1997+ (in us) don't use the resistor and have a dummy plug in the wiring

The part is a us part however is is cheaper to buy from Japan through speedy parts. From speedy about 80.00) versus 110+ in us

just to confirm, so its safe for me to use the na1 nsx-r inj resistor on my us spec '91 na1?

Back