• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX-R "GT REAR" JDM OEM Intake Scoop

The rail is the component that would make it a bolt on installation that attaches to the hatch hinges. Otherwise, you would have to carefully pry the rail off the stock hatch, mount it to the new one, then bolt it on. (may sound sound easy but its a real PITA) Most likely there would be all kinds of fit issues as well.

Rail

From what I understood from route ks it includes everything but I will double check with them tonight

Hi Aaron,

You might try refreshing your browser, as the item has since been updated.

The picture you posted is the front strut tower bar, which is available in aluminum as well as titanium construction. Our retail price is now listed at $298 and $498 respectively. That price being all-inclusive.

Best Regards,
John Hudak
"Performance starts at the
factory and ends at SWR

donwon said:
The rail is the component that would make it a bolt on installation that attaches to the hatch hinges. Otherwise, you would have to carefully pry the rail off the stock hatch, mount it to the new one, then bolt it on. (may sound sound easy but its a real PITA) Most likely there would be all kinds of fit issues as well.

It all depends on your local glass shop. My local shop did my original lexan hatch for $90. It was bought by someone who was going to use it for a show car. They will do my next one when I get some mad money and buy another.

BTW, I have a spare rear glass with a Yale sticker if anyone wants to impress their friends:D

a lot for bling ??

Brian2by2 said:
Only $7,079! ;)
I've seen several of these on highly modded Japanese NSXs. With the possible exception of cars with direct (open) trumpet-type intakes (see pic below), its unclear to me what benefit(s) this "rear hatch garnish" give you, other than increasing aerodynamic drag.

PB170859-vi.jpg

Is there some "other" rationale for this that I'm missing, e.g., to feed an air-to-air intercooler ??

Idividual throttle bodies

They are use to get more air to the individual throttle bodies, intercoolers for turbo.

We are still trying to get that information. Our belief is that it requires the stock rail. However, we've had surprises before and we have not actually gotten this piece in yet to test.

I do have one other person very interested besides you Donwon. So one more person and I can order the hatches.

Last edited:
Back