• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx-r Gt

150K??? for the R? well i was actual thinking of a used nsx and mod it up to look like that one...would be cheaper...:tongue:

So if a NA2 NSX-R is going for $150k in Japan "used," you can built one for less than $100k?:confused: :confused: :confused:

Last time I checked, Honda did not offer a S2KR-GT, or Integra R GT:biggrin: :tongue:

150K??? for the R? well i was actual thinking of a used nsx and mod it up to look like that one...would be cheaper...:tongue:

Including my self, doesn't matter how much we try, we can never built a real NSX-R:wink:

Hi All,
I live in Japan and have attended many NSX events and have never seen this car although i have a nice brochure about it. I was out a couple of nights with Tomiyoshi san (president of NSX club Japan) I am sure many of you know him, anyway he said that basically Honda didnt want to sell any of these cars but they ended up selling only 1 to the president of a large cosmetics company who owns several NSX's - dont know who this is but would be cool to find out and maybe get some pictures!

Tomiyoshi san is accompanying Uehara san to Europe in the summer for a Swiss NSX event, I will ask him to get more info about this from the man himself.

I'm thinking that there must have been some loophole in the rulebook when they set up the GT series that allowed Honda to champion the NSX for a few years even though it is not in production. The car was most likely a homologation special, of which (I'm guessing) at least five needed to be built, but most likely went out the door with the standard widebody racecar body. What we see is a mock-up of a car with the dimensions that they needed to create new-spec bodywork. Basically, a streetcar rendered to the GT specs- wider, longer, and higher.
This went around a few years ago - yes its a homologation special, made to meet the rules of the sanctioning body(ies) for JGTC. Essentially a NSX GTO (omologation special).

IIRC the minimum production quantity varies - thought it was 5. Note: AFAIK the constructor is not obligated to sell all the homologation copies, just to make them.

Here's some text from Prime archives - June 2005

Shumdit said:
Today I received the new 7/05 R&T issue and there is a pic of a new NSX-R GT that they are building 5 of to qualify it as a production car for JGTC racing. THe car looks like the normal (if you can call any NSX-R normal) NSX-R, but the front Valance is lower and longer, the side scoops more pronounced, the rear bumper has a step down with more length, and a big roof scoop.

Here is the text:

"Honda has been getting pummeled mercilessly in the Japan Grand Touring Championship (JGTC). With Nissan 350Zs and Toyota Supras always finishing in front of the company's NSX race cars, it was time for Honda to do something. And it did. The company recently unveiled the limited-edition NSX-R GT priced at about $500,000 (NOTE FROM SHUM- NOT A TYPO on the price).
Because JGTC cars must be homologated with production cars (ANOTHER NOTE- Nissan did this with special bodied 350Z last year), Honda needed to create this road car so they could make radical changes to their JGTC racers. Okay, so Honda only plans to sell five of them...but it qualifies under JGTC rules as a production car. The new car is longer and wider than the stock NSX (188.6 and 78.3 in. respectively), but most other dimensions stay the same, such as the overall height, wheelbase, and front and rear track widths. The major change here is the carbon fiber body, designed to create all kinds of downforce. There's a snorkel on the rear hatch, but for the production cars it's non-functional. The engine is largely left alone, with no major tweaks to the suspension either. This is a car that was created for the sole purpose of fufilling a requirement in the JGTC rules. Honda wants to wind these races and is serious about it. Whether it sells the NSX-R GT is secondary..although we hear one order has already been received."

Here's a link to an earlier road test --> http://www.topgear.com/content/features/stories/2005/09/stories/9/1.html

Evidently the GTO/GTR also has the sequential tranny. I've seen a few conversions of these in Japan.

i think everyone who loves Honda, ESPECIALLY the NSX should consider that maybe the car was "built" or promoted in a fashion as to regenerate publicity and reinvigorate a car that has been around for the past 14 years. put the "NSX" back on the tongues of racing enthusiasts and cause a little excitement. obviously Honda knew the end was finally coming for this much beloved aluminum chariot, why not go out with a loud bang? and what better way than to light that fuse with a $500K homologation special? does the price justify it when you break it down in terms of parts and performance? maybe not as some have added it up...but hey, if i had the money for exclusivity and love of the NSX, HELLS YEAH id be one the lucky 5!

otherwise, how else could i justify buying my gal a $2500 Gucci bag that does the same thing as a $50 one i can get from Macys.:rolleyes:

Hi All,
I live in Japan and have attended many NSX events and have never seen this car although i have a nice brochure about it. I was out a couple of nights with Tomiyoshi san (president of NSX club Japan) I am sure many of you know him, anyway he said that basically Honda didnt want to sell any of these cars but they ended up selling only 1 to the president of a large cosmetics company who owns several NSX's - dont know who this is but would be cool to find out and maybe get some pictures!

Tomiyoshi san is accompanying Uehara san to Europe in the summer for a Swiss NSX event, I will ask him to get more info about this from the man himself.

Looking forward to meeting them both late in June this year :smile:

http://nsxcb.co.uk/testvb/showthread.php?t=4612&page=6

Check out post #57 for the attendee list!

regards, Paul

that's interesting, do you have a picture of the rear view? Doesn't look like the Route KS copy but the interior is not red, which in the only option on the GT. The only way to tell if this is the real deal is to see the snorkel. The Route KS version is smaller than the OEM Mugen version.

i have comfirmed this is just another copy from Route-KS
the snorkel is the Route-KS made but without the metal duct inside!

Here is a picture of a red one, so it must be the one that was sold to the president of a large cosmetics company after she pussy-whipped Honda's president into submission, then had it painted to match her favorite shade of nail polish;-)

4723gt_red.jpg

Anyone here remember the failed oval piston NR 750 bike?

I know a little bit about Honda homologation specials, I bought two RC-45 superbikes. Honda, being the giant of the motorcycle industry, decided to build a purpose-built-bike to dominate the race series. A $40K+ bike to produce, suggested retail $27K, that sat in showrooms unable to be sold for dealer cost of less than $22K. It made NSX parts look cheap, exhaust canister $2700 ("But, look at those welds!").

The World Superbike series rules were changed to allow Italian V-twin engined bikes into the series, and they were given a 250cc advantage (1000cc) in order to be able to compete against the Japanese 750cc V-4s. The Italians were keen to take advantage of the loop-hole and stepped up with the Ducati bikes that would rule the race series, while Honda began to push for changes in the homologation rules.

The rules were changed, and Honda built a V-twin and stated that 'homologation kits' would be made available to racers. These kits cost $30-50K on top of the cost of the bike, and they didn't sell, everbody started to buy Ducatis which went fast right out of the box. So the rules were changed again, but Suzuki hit a home-run with a cheap light-weight grenade, quality be damned for price/performance.

Honda can't force anyone to buy something, and nobody is interested in producing/wasting millions of dollars worth of scrap anymore. The cars need only be offered to the public for sale. Nobody buys a lip spoiler, rear diffuser, side-scoop package for $400,000. The car does NOT exist as pictured. No proof has been seen in the past years, and none will be seen in the future. Time will prove me correct on this.

nsxrgt4.jpg

Last edited:
"How, seeing in the favor even when, 5,000 ten thousand how it does not have, only the sea urchin even in we which is not visible. Your HONDA older sister who gives the catalog with the smiling face."-Babel Fish ><_///*>

http://blog.blackdesign.jp/archives/16872611.html

4723nsx-r_gt_side_hi-res.jpg

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EVUKD4d7qlE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EVUKD4d7qlE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

i would care more about the -R GT if it weren't so damn ugly..... or if it had something special about it..... :confused:

NSX-R_GT_001.jpg

NSX-R_GT_002.jpg

Another Route KS GT

Re:)

attachment.php

Attachments

• nigerian nsx.jpg
    nigerian nsx.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 3,512
OMG!
where is this picture from?
is there anymore?

Hey I know this car, it's run by a good friend and a fellow NSXCJ member, Masaki-san, this photo looks as if it was taken by Mr TYIZ of KSP [more on his blog at http://ksp-eng.co.jp/tyiz/nsx/BBR2/cgi-bin/bbr1.cgi?] at the Tsukuba hairpin. We will be running together at Fuji Speedway along with Kye on June 7th, I'll see if we can get a group photo.:smile:

Simon

Man I just wish someone would make this black part for the rear of other NSXs...drool

NSX-R_GT_002.jpg

Major Stoner, the car did exist... I thought someone MUST have the same magazine I had so I totally forgot taking pic for Vance to translate...

Monday's my day off, and I'll do that latest by Sunday night...

I still say that it was nothing more than a viral marketing campaign designed to bring foot traffic into the newly opened Honda Welcome Plaza Aoyama in Tokyo, by offering the promise of getting a prized NSX-R GT brochure from the lobby as a souvenir.

attachment.php

Attachments

• GTsplitter.jpg
    GTsplitter.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 3,214
Back