• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX-R Momo Steering Wheel Install

Hi NSX Primers,

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to read my thread. All comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I hope this thread will help others. I am trying to install my NSX-R Momo Steering Wheel with NSX-R Horn Button Kit and NSX-R Momo Hub. 6 screws for the hub, and 6 screws for the wheel.

Here is a great thread on how to do the install.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...ering-Wheel-Quick-Release-Hub?highlight=works

I just want to ask before I attempt this, is if I have all the parts needed to do the install. I believe I'm missing some jumper wires or something to disable the cruise control/SRS?

nsxrwheel1_zpsf2022586.jpg

nsxrwheel2_zpsaae58983.jpg

nsxrwheel3_zps16290088.jpg

thank you

Hi, NSXchnk.

You will need to fabricate a metal plate to establish the connection to the contact plate at the base of NSX-R/Type-R hub/boss.
Or, you need to find the similar metal plate from the breaker yard from other models.

As you will be removing the cable reel assy for the SRS/Cruise/Horn, you will need to create different circuit by jumper wires, etc.

You can find the required information in my post on NSXCB below;

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.p...teering-wheel-with-OEM-boss&p=58209#post58209

It’s in the ‘Body’ section of my NSX Technical and Service Information Index 02.
You can find the link in my signature section as well.

Kaz

It has been a while.. but I definitely remember that I did install a resistor jumper. I don't believe you have to do anything to the cruise control.

I have the NRG hub so my install was pretty much what the post described.

I used that same writeup a year ago and it really helped- went smooth.

Yes, my whole nsx-r steering wheel setup is now complete thanks to Kaz. What a great guy, super nice. My main problem was getting the right size DIY metal plate, so I made a second one and it was perfect.

Am I correct to think the Momo hub is designed to collapse upon impact? It sure looks that way. Just my observation.

Am I correct to think the Momo hub is designed to collapse upon impact? It sure looks that way. Just my observation.

I don't think any front end collision with an aftermarket steering wheel would be pretty. If it didn't collapse on impact would it be safer?

It's so difficult to connect the wire for the cruise control buttons to the pins since the pins are so small. I have yet to connect my cc buttons. Can someone tell me where to buy the tiny wire connectors?

It's so difficult to connect the wire for the cruise control buttons to the pins since the pins are so small. I have yet to connect my cc buttons. Can someone tell me where to buy the tiny wire connectors?
did you ever get the answer to your question? I have been wondering that for a long time too!

Back