• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX rental

Does anyone own where I could possibly Rent / Hire a NSX in the SWO or GTA area?
if so, did you rent the car and what where the costs / fees?

i would like the experience the NSX and its magic but I just cannot afford one currently.
If this is a repeat question then Apologies - I tried the search but didn't fine anything

Can't say I've ever heard of anyone renting an NSX. I also doubt anyone would rent their private cars as potential repairs could be worth more than the rental price. For example, most rentals are automatics which protects the rental company from damaged clutches.

For example, most rentals are automatics which protects the rental company from damaged clutches.
And accidents.
I saw an interview from Gotham Exotics, and the owner said they had a 100% accident record for stick shifts before they simply stopped buying them. Most likely people shift mid corner, loose traction and trash the car.

people will rent thier Ferrari's but no-one will rent their NSX. its to valuable.

this reminds me of a young guy that first said he was getting an 05 NSX shipped from germany from his rich GF, then later asks if he can rent an NSX for prom

then he disappeared from this forum

There was a by the day exotic car company in the west end that used to rent out a yellow one. GTA Exotics I think.

I heard that that car was a disaster. Junk.

people will rent thier Ferrari's but no-one will rent their NSX. its to valuable.

this reminds me of a young guy that first said he was getting an 05 NSX shipped from germany from his rich GF, then later asks if he can rent an NSX for prom

then he disappeared from this forum

I don't know any private owners who will rent their Ferrari's. As for companies, have you looked at the cost? At $2000 a day I'm thinking the NSX rental business wouldn't be very busy.

Which area of the Golden Horseshoe are you located? We have members spread far and wide, and while we may not let you stray too far with our babies, I'm sure we'd take you for a spin.

Here was my experience with GTA Exotics, which by and large led me down a long windy path to NSX ownership.

11-11-2008, 22:24
GTA Exotics has a ’95 with 55,000kms for sale for $39,000.
It may have had the odometer altered. As well as a major accident.

Let me say that this is the first NSX I ever had the pleasure of driving. Even in a poor condition, this was a fun car. I rented this during the Canada Day weekend in 2007, to ask my now wife to marry me.

When I rented this car, it had 68,000km on the odometer, not 55. The horn buttons were missing, the power steering was broken, and it had the cheapest, gaudiest chrome wheels ever seen slapped on there. The car was originally red (Look under the fore targa gasket on the window frame for proof). On top of that, as you mentioned, the interior was in very poor tick, even for a rental.

I was considering this car right after I rented it, but I really wouldn't give him $20k for it, never mind the $45k he was asking at the time.

On top of that, several weeks after I rented the car, I saw a charge for $425 on my visa. When I called to ask them what it was, I was told it was for parking in a handicap spot somewhere in Toronto (Can't remember where exactly). Thing of it was, I wasn't in Toronto at all that weekend, rather between Guelph and my parent's house. They told me I was the only one to rent it within the last year, and it had to be me. Upon further probing, they told me the ticket was levied on June 6th. This is a full three and a half weeks before I picked the car up. They begrudgingly applied the refund to my account after about three phone calls.

Suffice it to say, I won't be using their services again.

Back