• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX replacement when Honda wins F1

Many comments have been made -from honda that they want to time release of new nsx with f1 win. How are they doing this year so far with the new car? And would a win this year mean an early release NSX?

Is that the remaining time on Jenson Button's contract? Seems like all he does it weep and make excuses. While he's still the darling of the British motor press, my guess is they'll turn on him pretty soon.

Bob

break-it-down...

Winning a GP / F1 race -> single event
[Current F1 driver w/ most GP's entered w/o victory: Jenson Button (~100'ish)]

Winning F1 -> F1 driver w/ most points earned during whole season
-or-
F1 team/constructor {HONDA} w/ most points earned during whole season

I'm not so sure what's up w/ BAR_HONDA. Sato was blamed for obliterating motor after motor. Barichello seems to be faring just as poorly, more-or-less. I actually think Button would've had his first GP by now w/ Williams or Mclaren, both of them being competitive in the past few years but still off the pace of Renault & Ferrari. Placing in Top-8 for one car seems to be considered a successful race, or being hopeful of having both cars actually complete all the laps to finish instead of assuming that such should be expected. :frown:

As far as the HSC/NSX-replacement/Honda-supercar/Ferrari-killer(eater)...
whenever it comes, it comes. I'm content w/ my NSX. What does Honda really have to showcase currently, in terms of technological prowess & innovative R&D? Hybrid-power, SH-AWD, 3.5L V6, fuel-economy, and build-quality are all I can think of. Bridging F1's CF-gearbox, V10, composite materials, newer alloys, high-tech electronics, and aerodynamics to a forthcoming supercar... now, that's a start! :cool:

Re: break-it-down...

Osiris_x11 said:
I'm not so sure what's up w/ BAR_HONDA.

I don't think BAR is part of the team anymore. It's just Honda, like God intended!!!:smile: Honda bought BAR's share out in the off-season. Hopefully that makes them better this year. They have one podium finish. It just seems like they can't get the next step taken. They're somewhat competitive, but not back to the glory days for sure.

The restricted V10, they need to do something to keep up with the renaults and the Mclarens, last race in Autralia was a clear example that how our beloved Honda team is a bit behind the competition under race circunstances or maybe is Button that gets scared? 'cause he got an great Pole Position time, about Barrichello, forget about him, he'll be always number 2, i lived in brazil 9 years and people consider him a loser .. still now he's proven cause he can't keep up with Button.
They need to bring Montoya and Nico Rosberg and we'll go back to the glory days!
Oscar

ron2002 said:
Many comments have been made -from honda that they want to time release of new nsx with f1 win. How are they doing this year so far with the new car? And would a win this year mean an early release NSX?
Did Honda really make such statement? I highly doubt that.
Steve

whiteNSXs said:
Did Honda really make such statement? I highly doubt that.
Steve

Yes, Honda has alluded to that in the articles I've seen quoting the Honda president, etc.

I really just think that right now Renault's strategy is better and their cars are faster. Alonso has the best car and is clearly establishing himself as a truly talented driver; he's obviously more skilled than Button.

Fisichella is a better driver than Barrichello, also in a better car. Renault's got this season in hand if they continue like this. Not even Ferrari will catch them, so Honda is hopeless.

While there's no excuse for Button coughing up a podium in Australia he has a perfect right to blame Honda for that painful engine failure on the last turn and the loss of 5 precious points.

I think Button is a fine driver who with a better teammate and a slightly better car has the potential for greatness.

Barrichello started working on using both feet for pedals instead of just one like he used to... what a time to start changing foot work...

Button started at pole at the Australian GP... ended up dropping 5 places before the engines blows up just meters from the finish line. He most likely stopped right before the finish line on purpose so he can get a new engine next race without penalties. At this rate it could be another 50+ races before he wins one if at all... And Button probably has one of the worst launch technique ever...

Zuerst said:
Barrichello started working on using both feet for pedals instead of just one like he used to... what a time to start changing foot work...

Something the announcers said made it sound like the Honda cars REQUIRE left foot braking because of the way they are set up. Is this true, or did I misunderstand the announcer? :confused:

Back