• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Sales Figures......

In comparison:

November '17 Porsche 911 sales in the U.S. reached 976 units, a 39.6 percent increase year-over-year. The 718 Boxster and Cayman line posted 522 retail deliveries, up 14.2 percent over November 2016. Sales of the Panamera sports sedan stood at 729, a 43.7 percent increase year-to-date. The Macan continued to experience high demand with 1,981 vehicles sold, up 14 percent year-to-date.

Last edited:
Good info, thanks for posting....JM2C...I could be wrong...:tongue:

December should be interesting....
Tic Toc Tic Toc....

In comparison:

November '17 Porsche 911 sales in the U.S. reached 976 units, a 39.6 percent increase year-over-year. The 718 Boxster and Cayman line posted 522 retail deliveries, up 14.2 percent over November 2016. Sales of the Panamera sports sedan stood at 729, a 43.7 percent increase year-to-date. The Macan continued to experience high demand with 1,981 vehicles sold, up 14 percent year-to-date.

those numbers are simply astounding...

56 for the month of Dec.....hmmm :rolleyes:

Remember, most of the available inventory was vacuumed off the lots in October and November with the incentive and added discounting from motivated dealers.

As of today there are only 84 new ones on cars.com and a good chunk of those are high spec cars (26 above $200K).

So what I am saying is the number of deals out there is dwindling.

For reference Audi sold the same number of R8 models in December (no idea what deals were available).

I'm quite surprised at the low number of sales in December....... I thought there was a buying frenzy going on, but apparently not.
I'd guess there are at least 100 new cars still out there. I know they were building 2017 models into December. I agree that most of the remaining cars are in the $200k range, and all are loaded with tons of overpriced carbon fiber fluff. I'm guessing that there will be great deals to be had on these cars next spring, as Acura will likely have to eat even more losses and offer even bigger rebates to clear out the remaining 2017's. I'll bet those $200k cars will eventually be sold new in the $140's. Time will tell.Will be interesting to see what happens in 2018. Hard to imagine Acura can keep making the NSX with so many 17's still leftover.
Still glad I bought one. Amazing car, really.
A friend of mine is good friends with the local Audi GM, and we took my NSX over there this past week. Lots of people coming out of the building to get pictures! I took the GM out and let him drive the car and he was quite impressed overall. Looks like I get a future test drive in an R8...... I was more impressed with the R8 in person, but not sure I'd ever want a German car.

The dealership has 2 R8's and Audi is offering $20k rebate, and the dealer has some room to do more, so this car with an MSRP of just over $200k could probably be had for $175K?? This would be $34k more than I paid for my NSX, plus the additional sales tax....... I'll keep my NSX!!

Last edited:
those numbers are simply astounding...
Agreed, those numbers for the 911 are astounding compared to the NSX. However, those are total 911 sales which include base 911, carrera s, 4s, gts, gt3, gt3rs, cabriolets, etc etc. It would be more interesting to see a breakdown by model. Nevertheless, there is no question Porsche has no trouble moving their top-of-the-line 991's compared to Acura's NSX.

For reference Audi sold the same number of R8 models in December (no idea what deals were available).

even though new R8 sales have been surpassing new NSX sales each month, the new R8 hasn't been the runaway sales success of the first generation car. even the majority of Audi R8 fans and owners aren't too keen on the new one...

Agreed, those numbers for the 911 are astounding compared to the NSX. However, those are total 911 sales which include base 911, carrera s, 4s, gts, gt3, gt3rs, cabriolets, etc etc. It would be more interesting to see a breakdown by model. Nevertheless, there is no question Porsche has no trouble moving their top-of-the-line 991's compared to Acura's NSX.

i'd imagine 911 GT3 and Turbo sales easily outnumber NSX sales...

even though new R8 sales have been surpassing new NSX sales each month, the new R8 hasn't been the runaway sales success of the first generation car. even the majority of Audi R8 fans and owners aren't too keen on the new one...

i'd imagine 911 GT3 and Turbo sales easily outnumber NSX sales...

Porsche December 2017 + YTD

dec_2017_sales_zpsnqgnhd3t.jpg~original

Last edited:
Steve, any idea how many 911 turbos/GT3/s are included in the 911 total?

Sorry don't have Jim......As an owner I get a monthly Porsche factory news letter and most of the time they break
it down but not this month.

Recent article in Excellence Magazine stated 25% of 911 volume was Turbo/S.

Thing is with the GT3/GT3RS they only build a limited amount so sales figures on those would probably not be a
good measure.

It seems Porsche could sell as many GT cars as they want to produce....

Last edited:
Sorry don't have Jim......As an owner I get a monthly Porsche factory news letter and most of the time they break
it down but not this month.Recent article in Excellence Magazine stated 25% of 911 volume was Turbo/S.
Thing is with the GT3/GT3RS they only build a limited amount so sales figures on those would probably not be a
good measure.It seems Porsche could sell as many GT cars as they want to produce....

Doesn't look like Porsche lost any market share to Honda.
Someone must have lost some share as I don't think the market for 2 seat mid-engined cars expanded by a lot.
How do you think it came out?

Through the end of 2017, there have been 850 Acura NSX's sold....... maybe another 100+ remain unsold? I took mine out for a spin today, and I still can't get over what an amazing car it really is.....

correct. last one i touched was VIN 950.

what is your role in the company again..I know you stated it somewhere when the car was rolling out...just curious.

thanks for your participation....

Back