• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Seatbelts

Hey Guys! I got a 2017 NSX and it has colored aftermarket seatbelts that I need to get rewebbed.

Can someone please post a picture of the stock seatbelts so I can see how the pattern looks.

Last edited:
Hey Guys! I got a 2017 NSX and it has colored aftermarket seatbelts that I need to get rewebbed.

Can someone please post a picture of the stock seatbelts so I can see how the pattern looks.

Welcome to Prime! You should post up pics of your new NSX! I'm sure one of our NC1 owners can snap a quick pic.
I know one of our Gen2 moderators, [MENTION=6718]drmanny3[/MENTION], swapped his colors.

Welcome to Prime! You should post up pics of your new NSX! I'm sure one of our NC1 owners can snap a quick pic.
I know one of our Gen2 moderators, [MENTION=6718]drmanny3[/MENTION], swapped his colors.

Thanks. Here's a pic of the new ride.

IMG_20210331_162339.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210331_162339.jpg
    IMG_20210331_162339.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 211
Looks like your car was optioned to the hilt. What color seatbelts do you currently have in the car? I ended up purchasing new seatbelts from Acura and then I sent those in to have Safety Restore change them from black to bright yellow. They can change what ever color you have to OEM spec or another color. I had consider a Bright Blue to match the Novella Blue but went with yellow instead.

Looks like your car was optioned to the hilt. What color seatbelts do you currently have in the car? I ended up purchasing new seatbelts from Acura and then I sent those in to have Safety Restore change them from black to bright yellow. They can change what ever color you have to OEM spec or another color. I had consider a Bright Blue to match the Novella Blue but went with yellow instead.

Yes indeed. The car literally has every option that you could possibly choose. Funny thing is the seatbelts I have are also bright yellow. I was looking at safety restore to get them rewebbed earlier today and they told me they have 2 blacks so I was looking to see if someone could provide a pic so I can match it as close as possible.

Here are the two black options:

Paneled
Paneled.jpg

Twill
Twill.jpg

Last edited:
Is removing a seatbelt an easy DIY? How much do dealers or body shops charge to remove/replace them?

I am not sure what is involved with removal but I will do a video on it when I do decide on what to do.

I know the cost per belt assembly is about $216 each from online Acura parts sites. So it would be about $432 + shipping.

The seatbelt removal is not to hard. It does require that you remove the rear panels as well as the speakers back there. There is a complete instruction set that comes with the new seatbelts. I have a copy and can make a pdf. Send me your email and I will enclose. You will want to have some plastic pry units to insure you do not damage anything. I acquired two units and had safety restore remove the black and replace with bright yellow. Before you purchase any try listing yours on eBay and/or the Facebook page for the second gen car. Perhaps someone will swap you out.

By the way what color is your interior? Do your seats have the inserts or are they all leather?

The seatbelt removal is not to hard. It does require that you remove the rear panels as well as the speakers back there. There is a complete instruction set that comes with the new seatbelts. I have a copy and can make a pdf. Send me your email and I will enclose. You will want to have some plastic pry units to insure you do not damage anything. I acquired two units and had safety restore remove the black and replace with bright yellow. Before you purchase any try listing yours on eBay and/or the Facebook page for the second gen car. Perhaps someone will swap you out.

Rather than buy new seatbelts to send to Safety Restore, can't I just remove my existing belts and send them to have the belts replaced?

Rather than buy new seatbelts to send to Safety Restore, can't I just remove my existing belts and send them to have the belts replaced?

Yes. They can replace the webbing in your existing belt harnesses. I did this on my S Zero.

I was not sure how long the process would take. Safety Restore says they turn things around pretty quickly. They in fact did that, and I had mine back within the week. I purchased the passenger side seatbelt off eBay and then purchased a driver side from Acura. I probably did not need to purchase extra but did so as a precaution.

I noticed from the pics that your rear exhaust has extensions. Perhaps you have a different exhaust?

Yes. The previous owner had a custom exhaust put in probably before there were aftermarket options. It's basically a straight pipe setup so I will need to change that out to get rid of the error codes.

If you don't mind sharing details of your purchase..from where and for how much$ /miles on it? I'm assuming price was attractive due to the error codes and the specific mods...

Beautiful ride and purchase. Looks to be SonyStyle02’s old ride. Well profiled on YouTube. Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back