• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Sequential T..T-a..T-a-i..T-a-i-l..TAILS!!

Hey all,

(Here you go Bat!!)

Finished my installs on my Brake Light Pulser and Sequential Turn Signal kits from WebElectric Products on my stock taillights, bulbs and harness. I'm talking Q-u-a-l-i-t-y K-i-t-s!!

3rd light in wing pulses 4 times on initial application of brakes, then remains solid with each subsequent application, resets in 10 - 15 seconds, then back to pulse mode.

Sequentials also work with Emergency Flashers (shown in video), and cause brake lights to "Burst" (inside to outside) with each application of pedal, no reset.

Yes, I made minimal modification to the shorter harnesses at the brake light bulbs, but installed waterproof spade connectors with dieletric grease on everything to be able to return back to stock if need be very quickly...

I think you'll like what you see...

The local guys here in Phoenix seem to dig'em... :cool:

Best to all, QD. :biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4416XY5iB08

[Sorry, not sure how to embed a video...but there's the link]

...thanks.

Last edited:
Did you use the universal pulser? This is a cool product and very functional. I don't need sequential brakes and have 02 signals but I've almost been rear ended and I am low so this pulser looks great. If the universal works I'll order one.

Here 'ya go!

Brian

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4416XY5iB08" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm pretty amazed what the police over there allows. No way here in Europe, not even in Lithunia. :)

I like it! The only problem I see is how it gave me a slight headache from the intensity & speed of the light sequence, but overall, big props to your updated tail lights :cool: Can you slow down the sequence with a switch?

Yep T2G, Hardest part was getting the spoiler off the car for me. Splice-in was easy, tucks right inside the spoiler...

Did you use the universal pulser? This is a cool product and very functional. I don't need sequential brakes and have 02 signals but I've almost been rear ended and I am low so this pulser looks great. If the universal works I'll order one.

Thanks Brian, I grew up in Walled Lake! Love to drive the X back sometime to hang with family and touch base with the other X-Ganders... :wink:

(Still like to know how you did that...) -QD

Here 'ya go!

Brian

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4416XY5iB08" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm pretty amazed what the police over there allows. No way here in Europe, not even in Lithunia. :)

That's a shame. The pulser would at least add to safety...

I like it! The only problem I see is how it gave me a slight headache from the intensity & speed of the light sequence, but overall, big props to your updated tail lights :cool: Can you slow down the sequence with a switch?

Honestly, it's so new to me, I haven't looked into it. Obviously, during the day it's not quite so stark, just normal bulb intensity. The Emergency Flashers seem quicker than the Turn Signals. Anyway, I'm sure Lawrence at WEP has the answer to variable speeds... I'm happy with what's-what at the moment...

-QD

You may want to chk your local laws. Strobeing or flashing rear lights are illegal here.

Same here. I watched the video and wondered if that was even legal. They look like police lights to me. They won't even allow a flashing blue or red light on a business sign near the road here.

Then Ford is in big trouble with the Mustang. All new ones have sequential flashing turn signals.

Maybe they will treat it differently because it is oem.

Yep T2G, Hardest part was getting the spoiler off the car for me. Splice-in was easy, tucks right inside the spoiler...

So does the box or module need external power? What is it exactly? How big? You tucked it into the spoiler?

As for legality I'm not worried. This isn't CA, people leave their cars alone. Police aren't irritated buy a bunch of tuners running around. They like my car and don't equate it with an unsafe done-up 240sx. A single flash brake light that doesn't repeat in traffic is fine. Not that my car sees much traffic. I'd rather have the safety and risk the ticket but for all they know I've tapped my brake twice. If I get told to pull it off I will but I probably never will. I drive calmly on the street.

In the U.S. the flash rate of public based signals (traffic, car, roadside beacons, etc) is done at a frequency that minimizes invoking epileptic siezures. This is done to minimize risk from using the product.

I think if you can slow down the flash rate it wouldnt be a problem but as is it looks like an emergency vehicles flasher

I think this is cool as hell, but I too wonder if it's possible to slow down the flash rate. The Mustang ones are much slower. However, having seen Quix-Draw's lights in person, it doesn't seem to be an issue as the stock taillights on an NSX are not that bright (at least during the day time, I haven't seen how the sequential lights look at night).

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/55XXIgRMK9k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Right the problem lies in the lights flashing under braking not signaling. That is definatly NOT legal in this state.

They actually do. In the vid, I went L--R--EF--B--B(hold)--L--R The last part showed signals under braking...

Back