• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx sold on Barrett-Jackson

If anyone is interested, I just saw a Black 2000 T sell on Barrett Jackson for 24,500 :rolleyes: it has a salvage title on the car, 04-02-10 1:30pm, I do not know how old the show is.

You are watching Palm Beach Barrett Jackson - it's live today. So this car sold today. I just checked the BJ website. That doesn't surprise me for a salvage title. If it sold for that much it must have been minor damage or possibly a theft recovery. No telling.

I was there on stage bidding on that car! I bid 24k, and thought I had it, someone outbid me by $500!! 26k WITH fees was my limit and I was already over. I guess it was not meant to be. I can tell you the car was very, very clean! Paint and interior looked mint. Tastefully modified, wheels, lowering?, exhaust, rear valance, tinted tail lights. The only fault I saw was a zip tie holding something on the passenger headlight . You can't drive the cars there and they are sold as is. Wish I had known about the car before the auction. As far as I know the car is off to IOWA.:mad:

BarrettJacksonAuctionWPB2010104.jpg

BarrettJacksonAuctionWPB2010103.jpg

BarrettJacksonAuctionWPB2010110.jpg

BarrettJacksonAuctionWPB2010113.jpg

BarrettJacksonAuctionWPB2010111.jpg

Last edited:
In my opinion, its not worth 26k with that title....And its hard to buy any car without starting it.....:cool:

That's why I stopped bidding. I wanted to run a CARFAX, before bidding but it didnt work out. The car ran great while driving up to the block, for whatever that's worth.

I wanted to see that auction I watched it last weekend and saw the list of cars for sale and noticed the NSX/salvage, I am not a fan of the DARK JDM tail-lights though. its looks good, but a salvage title I would think it would sell for 20K another thing is I wanna HEAR what the guys were saying about it they know nothing about these cars.

" yeah Vern, this is there them one of those Japan made cars, its got 200 somthing HP and has a Honda Engine. they stopped making them in 1982 and they didnt sell to many of them. another thing Vern its got a REAR engine. and its front wheel drive."

I have watched the show a few times before and some of the things these guys say about the cars is so funny. and is usually wrong, I wonder what they said about our beloved NSX

Last edited:
Surprisingly, they did get most of it right. However the owner listed the car as 0-60 0f 4.5 seconds and I think the 1/4 miles in the 12's. The announcer typically repeats what the owner tells them. Salvage or no salvage, I think at 23k it was a steal. I bid more because I got a little emotional, but I'm not sorry now that I didn't win it.:smile:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NSX-...US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1c143bbbe3#vi-content

I'm glad I didn't end up getting this car. A dealer bought it an apparently it needs 5k worth of work! VIN: JH4NA2164YT000044

!ByZI0DQCGk~$(KGrHqR,!iIEw5MWp4N6BMRg2t8MDg~~_3.JPG

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%; border-spacing: 0px" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%; border-spacing: 0px" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vjo.ctype('vjo.darwin.pres.buying.cmp.iframe.AegisDescription').needs('vjo.dsf.EventDispatcher').props({constructs:function(){var t=this;t.lastInitCall="";},init:function(callerId){var t=this;t.lastInitCall="";t.bSafari=vjo.dsf.client.Browser.bSafari;t.bFirefox=vjo.dsf.client.Browser.bFirefox;t.iVer=vjo.dsf.client.Browser.iVer;t.bWin=vjo.dsf.client.Browser.bWin;t.cTime=new Date().getTime();if(!window.bError){var el=new Date().getSeconds();var lt=(el-window.bl);if(typeof(clientErrorLog)!=="undefined"){if(lt>clientErrorThresholdTime){vjo.darwin.pres.buying.cmp.iframe.Aegis.process(lt);}}}if(((callerId!==2)&&(t.lastInitCall!=='')&&((t.cTime-t.lastInitCall)<2000))||(t.bSafari&&(callerId==1))){return;}t.lastInitCall=t.cTime;var a=document.links;for(var i=0,al=a.length;i<al;i++){var str=a.href.toString();str=str.toLowerCase();if(a.target.toLowerCase()!="_blank"&&a.target.toLowerCase()!="_top"&&str.substring(0,10)!="javascript"&&(!str.match(/.ebaydesc./)&&str.substring(0,1)!="#")){a.target="_blank";}}var frm=document.forms;for(var x=0,fl=frm.length;x<fl;x++){if(frm[x].target.toLowerCase!="_blank"){frm[x].target="_blank";}}t.resizeIt(callerId);},setData:function(pSize,callerId){var bSafari=vjo.dsf.client.Browser.bSafari;var h=pSize[0];var w=pSize[1];if(bSafari){parent.location.replace(window.document.referrer+"#ht_"+h+"wt_"+w);}else{parent.frames[0].location.replace(sUrl+"&c="+callerId+"#ht_"+h+"wt_"+w);}},getSize:function(){var h,w,rv=[0,0];var oCl=vjo.dsf.client.Browser;if(document.all){h=document.body.scrollHeight;w=document.body.scrollWidth;}else{h=document.body.offsetHeight;if(oCl.bSafari&&oCl.iVer>=523){w=document.body.scrollWidth;}else{w=document.body.offsetWidth;if(window.scrollMaxX!==0){w+=window.scrollMaxX;}}}if(isNaN(w)){w=0;}if((oCl.bFirefox&&oCl.bWin)&&(h>32000)){h=32000;}rv[0]+=h;rv[1]+=w;return rv;},resizeIt:function(callerId){var t=this;var bSafari=vjo.dsf.client.Browser.bSafari;var size=t.getSize();if(size){if(!bSafari){var rf=parent.vjo.darwin.pres.buying.cmp.userdescription.UserDescriptionResizeFrame;if(typeof(rf)!="undefined"){rf.resizeFrame(size);}}t.setData(size,callerId);}}}).inits(function(){var bFirefox=vjo.dsf.client.Browser.bFirefox;if(bFirefox){vjo.darwin.pres.buying.cmp.iframe.AegisDescription.init(1);}vjo.dsf.EventDispatcher.addEventListener(window,"load",function(){vjo.darwin.pres.buying.cmp.iframe.AegisDescription.init(2);});}).endType();</SCRIPT><!-- Begin Description -->

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%; border-spacing: 0px" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD>
What you are looking at is a 2000 NSX-T with the removable targa top. This vehicle has a REBUILT title. The body and interior are both in very good condtion. The miles are UNKNOWN. The odometer reflects 71,200, however the actual mileage is UNKNOWN! This NSX-T, while in great cosmetic condition and a great driver, does require some TLC. In the interest of full disclosure, this NSX will require approximately $5,000.00 worth of mechanical repairs. Please take this into consideration when bidding. The reserve price has already been adjusted with this in mind.
Please contact us prior to bidding if you have any questions about required repairs etc. This NSX-T will make someone a great sports car with a little time and investment.

I wonder what it needs done to repair it. If you spent the 5k to repair it and only spent about 30k total wouldn't it be a decent deal? 30k for a 2000 NSX? I know the car could be a lot more of headache in the future though.

What was the reason for the rebuilt title. Makes you wonder. Is that like a salvage title? Was it a flood car?

On the surface, if it wasn't a "rebuilt" title that is a good deal if you had 30k in a 2000. Hell of a deal. Something wrong here....

I wonder what it needs done to repair it. If you spent the 5k to repair it and only spent about 30k total wouldn't it be a decent deal? 30k for a 2000 NSX? I know the car could be a lot more of headache in the future though.

The car has a salvage title AND it's marked TMU True Mileage Unknown. This kills the value of it, kills it.

I wouldn't want to have 30k in this car. Without the bad title and TMU sure its a great deal, but it DOES have a bad title/TMU.

I was actually there bidding on this car I was high bidder at 24k, thought I had it, then someone outbid by $500...I'm glad they did.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appl...ion/lotdetails.aspx?aid=323&ln=341&pop=0&it=1

The car has a salvage title AND it's marked TMU True Mileage Unknown. This kills the value of it, kills it.

I wouldn't want to have 30k in this car. Without the bad title and TMU sure its a great deal, but it DOES have a bad title/TMU.

I was actually there bidding on this car I was high bidder at 24k, thought I had it, then someone outbid by $500...I'm glad they did.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appl...ion/lotdetails.aspx?aid=323&ln=341&pop=0&it=1

That would seem to be a decent deal, assuming everything could be fixed for 5k and you didn't plan on selling the car.

There is so much investigation needed when a car has a salvage title. That surely does kill the value. I agree with Maknmoves.

Salvage titles will give a person grief down the road. But if you wanted a nice car, plan to keep it, it might not be a bad deal.

It would be nice to know if that $5k repairs is/was accurate.

I wonder where in Iowa it is heading. I'm just across the river in NE. If it is Council Bluffs, it would be very close.

When I was at BJ auction I thought the shipper said it was going to Iowa, it actually went to:

<TABLE class=vi-is1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=vi-is1-lbl>Item Location:</TD><TD class=vi-is1-clr colSpan=3>Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Guys I e-mailed the guy thats selling it now and it on consignment. heres the reply to my e-mail

Dear gfdgfdgfd,

Good morning. Thank you for your interest in the NSX. We are selling this vehicle on consignment
for the current owner, so I am unfamiliar with the purchase history or price that he paid. That is great
news that you are familiar with the vehicle's history and what repairs have been done. If you would like,
I can fax a list of the recommended repairs to you to take a look at. Being someone that is more familiar
with these vehicles and the history of this one in particular, what do you feel that it is worth?

Thanks,

Jeff

I then told him to e-mail me the list of needed repairs, and I will get back to him, but if the repairs are more
than 5K the car might be worth around 18-19K as is. I told him the Current owner that got this car from
Barret Jackson is going to have to take a loss on this car of around 5-6K

Guys I e-mailed the guy thats selling it now and it on consignment. heres the reply to my e-mail

Dear gfdgfdgfd,

Good morning. Thank you for your interest in the NSX. We are selling this vehicle on consignment
for the current owner, so I am unfamiliar with the purchase history or price that he paid. That is great
news that you are familiar with the vehicle's history and what repairs have been done. If you would like,
I can fax a list of the recommended repairs to you to take a look at. Being someone that is more familiar
with these vehicles and the history of this one in particular, what do you feel that it is worth?

Thanks,

Jeff

I then told him to e-mail me the list of needed repairs, and I will get back to him, but if the repairs are more
than 5K the car might be worth around 18-19K as is. I told him the Current owner that got this car from
Barret Jackson is going to have to take a loss on this car of around 5-6K

Shawn,

Why on Earth do you even do any of this? You go around wasting people's time pretending to be an interested buyer when you have absolutely no intention of purchasing the car. It is not only a waste of the seller's time and energy but also of yours. Also, how is it any of your business what someone else is trying to sell a car for? So what do you gain by telling him it's worth $18K, other than lowering the resale of your own car?

Just curious what motivates you to take it upon yourself to contact every person in the US selling a NSX not on Prime and telling them that they are doing it wrong.

I dont contact every person in the US selling an NSX. thats over kill

I think its the next Owners RIGHT to know the history of the car they are going to buy. people hide things when they sell these cars. this is not a perfect world.

and If there is something that the next owner didnt know about a car and wish they did before the purchase. then I have helped someone out.

And I am looking for another NSX for my garage. Im not interested in buying how do you know that?

and what I do in my free time is again MY free time. I dont question what you do in your free time. I am giving something back to the NSX community. atleast I think I am.

someone needs help On Prime I try and point them in the right direction if I can't help. what have you done lately?

I try and help people as much as I can.

people Pm me all the time with questions. and I help if I can. I have had Moderators for Prime pm me and thank me for my help

Take care.

Last edited:
Any of the big auctions is a great place to sell a car if you don't owe any money on it. It is real easy to dump a POS without the buyer knowing what they are getting into. For an NSX, if you aren't looking to make a huge profit, and your car has a sketchy history, this is the perfect venue to sell it. You just have to keep in mind that there is also a sellers feee of 8-10% on top of the registration fee, which is dependent on the time and day you want it to run through the auction.

I went to the auction last Wednesday in hopes of seeing this NSX (though I believe it had already sold) but it was nowhere to be found. Lots of classics, muscle cars. Saw Elvis' Cadillac, Paul Walker's Lancer Evo from F&F, and some other fun stuff. All out of my price range but fun to look around! Definitely worth the $10 admission if you're ever in this area during auction week.

I used to get excited to watch this auction but recently its been going downhill. I prefer Russo/Steele auctions or just the Manheim Exotic dealer auctions. Im not a huge fan of the old Muscle/American rides and prefer European/Asian sports cars and classics. Like ultra rare and crazy low mileage stuff!

The 02 360 spider for $140k sold to a phone bidder is a JOKE! :biggrin: Thats a 100k car screaming!

Only makes me wonder what the Zanardi would do? 100k? :biggrin:

Back