• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX spoiler/wing

Is installing the custom carbon fiber spoiler/wing something I could do myself or should it be done by at the bodyshop?

+1 on that

now if you have some 4 Foot tall Nasa style wing your on your own LOL

If the wing comes with the light, then you will need to cut the original wiring, splice and solder/shrink wrap for a clean fit and look. If you get the Seibon NSX-R replica, then I hope you got the updated one with the correct location for wiring the light :cool: It's a PITA to drill and fish the wire out. Good luck!

Six, 6 mm bolts and one connector, if it has the light.
It might be stuck to the trunk lid so remove it carefully.

Cheers
nigel

fernandolens...just wanted to mention there's a $3 solution if you don't want to cut the wiring. you can keep everything reversible maintaining stock connections and it literally takes 5-10 minutes.

once you have the oem spoiler unbolted, the wiring is long enough for you to turn it over and lay it down on the trunk (use some towels). remove the oval cover caps (5) to access the screws for removing the led bar and pull it out just a few inches.

once it's out, disconnect the plug and then reassemble the led strip and oval cover caps and you're done with that.

now that you've pulled the wiring all the way out from the spoiler, you're left with a female two-pronged connector that's coming out of the trunk lid.

pick up some of these male connectors at your local auto shop (pep boys). crimp these onto the wires of the aftermarket spoiler (i recommend soldering) and insert them into the female connector...they will fit very, very snug and won't budge. note: make sure you match red/red and black/black (test light if you're not sure).

wrap or shrink the whole connection, tuck the wiring into your new spoiler and you're done!

Part: Male GM 150 Metri-Pack
Part No: 85336
Manuf: Dorman
Size: 20-18 Gauge

fernandolens...just wanted to mention there's a $3 solution if you don't want to cut the wiring. you can keep everything reversible maintaining stock connections and it literally takes 5-10 minutes.

once you have the oem spoiler unbolted, the wiring is long enough for you to turn it over and lay it down on the trunk (use some towels). remove the oval cover caps (5) to access the screws for removing the led bar and pull it out just a few inches.

once it's out, disconnect the plug and then reassemble the led strip and oval cover caps and you're done with that.

now that you've pulled the wiring all the way out from the spoiler, you're left with a female two-pronged connector that's coming out of the trunk lid.

pick up some of these male connectors at your local auto shop (pep boys). crimp these onto the wires of the aftermarket spoiler (i recommend soldering) and insert them into the female connector...they will fit very, very snug and won't budge. note: make sure you match red/red and black/black (test light if you're not sure).

wrap or shrink the whole connection, tuck the wiring into your new spoiler and you're done!

Part: Male GM 150 Metri-Pack
Part No: 85336
Manuf: Dorman
Size: 20-18 Gauge

Thanks very useful.

You guys are so knowledgeable. I'm glad to be part of this family. I have ordered some NSX manuals as well to know more.
Thanks for all the advice and pointers.

Back