• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Stolen.....Was It Yours??

I was just talking to a friend of mine who works at the San Bernardino County Sheriffs Department and he said there was an NSX stolen from Highland California on Thursday May 11, 2006. He said they found it later that day with little damage. Was it anyone here?

hhhmmmm why would they want to steal an NSX ?? Just to joyride it ? Was the car stripped ? I am pretty sure that if they wanted to re-sell the parts they have a higher chance of getting caught, unless of course they too are an NSX owner and need a new engine ??

CarbonNSX said:
hhhmmmm why would they want to steal an NSX ?? Just to joyride it ? Was the car stripped ? I am pretty sure that if they wanted to re-sell the parts they have a higher chance of getting caught, unless of course they too are an NSX owner and need a new engine ??
I wondered the same thing when my '92 got stolen. You'd think that the parts would stick out like a sore thumb. Later came to find out that the guy who stole my car was working with some clan that stole exotics and quickly shipped them via Port of Miami (in container) to overseas. Luckily, the thief who stole my baby ended up slamming into the back of a cop car, got busted, and is a complete tool. :biggrin: :tongue:

Glad to hear there was little damage to this NSX. :)

MiamiMermaid said:
I wondered the same thing when my '92 got stolen. You'd think that the parts would stick out like a sore thumb. Later came to find out that the guy who stole my car was working with some clan that stole exotics and quickly shipped them via Port of Miami (in container) to overseas. Luckily, the thief who stole my baby ended up slamming into the back of a cop car, got busted, and is a complete tool. :biggrin: :tongue:

Glad to hear there was little damage to this NSX. :)

:eek: Sorry to hear about your first NSX......That sucks!

CarbonNSX said:

the owner of this nsx is nguyen tran and nsx was just recently found in brea stripped except engine

iasports said:
the owner of this nsx is nguyen tran and nsx was just recently found in brea stripped except engine

"Chop shop job." :rolleyes: Sorry to hear of this, that's just awful. Wonder why they left the engine ?!? May have gotten spooked by something/someone. Was it found near a shop, field, etc?

Unbelievable. And Brea's a nice part of town. I lived about 10 mins. from there. Well, as stated above, karma will have its day*

On a lighter note, after mine was stolen, I got full value insurance claim (sounds like this will be the case as well--ie:salvage) and was able to leave the anger and revenge to something greater. By doing so, I ended up getting the '95 and this one even had a bonus: I can be in my car, look up, and see the stars ~ :tongue: ........and the thief got some good ol' time in some chocolate factory :eek: :biggrin:

Best of luck to Nguyen~~*
Now go get another one ! :wink:

MiamiMermaid said:
Luckily, the thief who stole my baby ended up slamming into the back of a cop car, got busted, and is a complete tool. :biggrin: :tongue:

That's awesome. I do believe in karma and hope the jackass that stole your car is enjoying prison.

MiamiMermaid said:
"Chop shop job." :rolleyes: Sorry to hear of this, that's just awful. Wonder why they left the engine ?!? May have gotten spooked by something/someone. Was it found near a shop, field, etc?

Unbelievable. And Brea's a nice part of town. I lived about 10 mins. from there. Well, as stated above, karma will have its day*

On a lighter note, after mine was stolen, I got full value insurance claim (sounds like this will be the case as well--ie:salvage) and was able to leave the anger and revenge to something greater. By doing so, I ended up getting the '95 and this one even had a bonus: I can be in my car, look up, and see the stars ~ :tongue: ........and the thief got some good ol' time in some chocolate factory :eek: :biggrin:

Best of luck to Nguyen~~*
Now go get another one ! :wink:

I have no idea if it was found by a shop or not I just saw the pictures of his car and from what my insurance agent told me they wrote out a check for
31K to him

Back