• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx to Panamera or S class

Had the Nsx for a year and while I enjoy the car thinking about trading it and going back to 4 door sedan. Been driving sports cars since 2010. Boxster, r8 v10, bmw i8, Nsx. Thinking panny or s class. Just worried might regret it in a year. Looking for more comfort and still want power, but does not have to be crazy fast.

Dont like interior of bmw m5. Anyone make this swap? Just finding the Nsx seats uncomfortable as you can barely adjust them and the interior cramped. Why they gave us seats with barely any adjustments is beyond me.

Found a used 2016 s class fully loaded msrp 140k can get for 75k. Gonna take it for a spin along with panny 4s and turbo.

any insight appreciated.

My neighbor with a recently out of warranty S class would probably advise you to think twice & even
with a warranty prepare yourself to spending some serious time enjoying Keurig coffee pods
in service dept waiting rooms.

I'd go with the Porsche. Mercs are plush and fast for a big car, but Panameras still have a sports car soul.

How about .. RS7? Nicer interior than BMW 5 even 7 series ... Draw back is less head room in the back, and only sit 4 ... but same as Pana.

Actually, forget about Audi, Pana, or S class....

Get the the new Lexus LS500!

if I am buying full size luxury Sedan today. I won't get those ultra high performance Audi or Porsche, the Lexus has all the comfort as and quick as S550, plus ultra high class interior put BMW 7 series into shame!

Massage chair! O M G ....so good! Compare to BMW, Audi, MB, their massage chair....is like a 3 yr old kid, poking you, shaking you, the Lexus Massage? Professional! And the sound system is crazy. I think my 19 (? ) speaker B&O is good, their 25 speaker Mark Levinson is just crazy! Plus zero worry on check engine light, rattle noise, wind noise, repair and service cost is also peanut.....and we are talking about the E class or 5 series price!

Worth to take a look! Lexus LS will match better with NSX than Pana or S class!

Last edited:
Drove the panny turbo and 4s. Turbo has crazy power, not so far off Nsx in terms of power but front end felt heavy. 4s drove real nice and I felt it handled better. I could get a 4s for about about $110k on msrp of $123k. It’s a 2018. Car definitely feels like a four door 911.

The S550 is a 2016 CPO with 8000 miles. Msrp was $140k, I think it has almost every option u can get. Car is quick and requires no effort to drive, it’s like driving on a cloud. I can get it for $75k. Still has new car warranty The burmeister upgrade stereo really is impressive. FYI it is a little better then the els system in the Nsx, which I think is quite good.

Has adaptive cruise, upgraded burmeister, nightvision, power rear seats heated and cooled, rear entertainment package,amg package, heated windshield, upgraded wood, and leather.

Might just keep the Nsx and pickup this up for winter. Plus they have 1.99% finance. That way I have a car total opposite of Nsx.

you could get them down a tad more on that 550...

Get the Porsche...

We have both. Wife had 2012 S550 and now S63 AMG both have been very reliable and are incredible bargains on the used car market.
She had a 2013 BMW B7 ALPINA in between the 2 benz cars and it was a shop queen.

My daily is Panny turbo and it's a fantastic car. I would choose the Panny over the other choices as a DD in the turbo version.
The benz is a great road trip car but not as much fun as a DD.

I was considering a used Lexus LC500.

The lease returns are killing sales, which aren't that great in the first place.

Last edited:
If I keep the Nsx, then I will probably go s class as I don’t need the performance of the panny.

I have a 2015 S550, also fully loaded. It’s so high tech, relaxing and smooth, but touch the sport buttons and it becomes a locomotive animal. It actually makes much more Power than advertised since MBZ wants the delta between the S63 to be even bigger than it really is. See pic.

.25A8DD04-633D-4F92-AF18-A6ABE71E32E6.jpeg

I have a 2015 S550, also fully loaded. It’s so high tech, relaxing and smooth, but touch the sport buttons and it becomes a locomotive animal. It actually makes much more Power than advertised since MBZ wants the delta between the S63 to be even bigger than it really is. See pic.

.View attachment 157597

correct
these MB bi-turbo engines make silly power
a simple ECU tune on S63 AMG gives the car nearly 700 HP (stock is 575)
A ecu tune on the S550 adds another 100 HP:smile:

Last edited:
Have you considered an E63s? If you get rid of the NSX you might miss the speed and the E will deliver just the same as the NSX but in a sedan format. Optioned out that car is nearly as nice as the S class with a little less grampa and a little more hooligan

The Tesla exterior fit and finish also has a long way to go compared to MBZ. I couldn't care less because the Tesla fit and finish is more than acceptable and fit and finish aren't everything. The electric car driving experience is why I lost interest in ICE cars ( except my beloved NSX of course ). it is the future.

Last edited:
I need a stick shift and loud exhaust..... everything I have now is that.

I want to like the EV experience but it's like comparing VR sex to good ol' fashion wet velvet...... just doesn't do anything for me

Coral bleaching, glacier melting, polar bear killer:wink:

Coral bleaching, glacier melting, polar bear killer:wink:

last thing I heard on global warming was that it was global cooling in the mid-east and latin america.

If so, it's much over due..... I'm going to remove my cats and bounce the rev limiter in honor of that.

If you are currently at 37-22-17N & 122-8-15W that would make you an outlaw as well - better move here where you can run fast and loud legally.

Back