• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX to S2000 Gauge Cluster Conversion Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a note, if you plan on buying a gauge cluster yourself, do not buy a 06-07 cluster. The tach and engine coolant temp gauge will not work. This version cluster uses a single data link to give the cluster the info from the ECU.

Does this apply to the 08 as well? That's what year the CR is. I know the 08-09 dashes are different than the 06-07.

apkarian how is the cluster business going? and your new ventures of odometer resetting did you guys get any closer?

thanks

bill

apkarian how is the cluster business going? and your new ventures of odometer resetting did you guys get any closer?

thanks

bill

Bill,

I can speak for the odometer programming. YES ... we did get it done, however not by ourselves. I think we have struck a deal with the guy who did it so for future people installing the S2K cluster and want the odometer to read correctly, we can get it done.

It is not cheap, however it beats having odometer fraud taged on a car fax report!

From the time I shipped it to the time I got it back it only took 3-4 days. I did nto even drive the car in that period of time.

I hope to see you get your installed soon. IM us if you have any questions.

I have yet to find a 08-09 wiring diagram, so I don't know yet.

Thanks! Let me know when you do as I want to do a CR dash since it has the shift light:biggrin:

any updates on this? the OP seems to have disappeared?

Airwolf,

I did this project with Apkarian100 however i have not spoken to him in some time now. I do now is was very busy with school and his job seceral montha back.
I can call him if you like to find out if he is still doing these packages or where he stands with it.
Let me know.

Hello, I have a NSX in Hong Kong, I am interested in your product , can I order one and ship to Hong Kong ? How much the total cost for ? pls PM me.

Did this to my rsx
IMG-20110619-00364.jpg

IMG-20110810-00006.jpg

Looks pretty good Enaione. Any more detailed pics and are you willing to offer this conversion for us?

Last edited:
I'd love to see a video of this in action ;)

This was a sweet conversion and at a great price that never got off the ground. In many ways the S2K is more modern than the NSX and this cluster is one of them. Not only is it better laid out, but more visible, better for racing, and there is extra room for other gauges with the carbon of the converted cluster. Someone else should pickup the ball on this and make a kit.

This was a sweet conversion and at a great price that never got off the ground. In many ways the S2K is more modern than the NSX and this cluster is one of them. Not only is it better laid out, but more visible, better for racing, and there is extra room for other gauges with the carbon of the converted cluster. Someone else should pickup the ball on this and make a kit.
I agree, this looks like a great way to modernize the NSX cabin.

I got the cluster ready for this conversion. I'll even offer my limited skills if necessary to get this going. Just lmk what I can help with.

Is this thread dead and we just havent realized it yet? The origenator hasnt posted since 9/1/2009. Either way if anyone has any details about the kit PM me

I have been in contact with xory72 over the past few months about this. He has been very helpful with the details. apkarian100 is not on the forum anymore and is not working with any car related stuff right now since he is studying and don't have time, so I have to figure out the conversion harness myself with the help of xory72.

Maybe we can get this project started again. I'll keep you updated.

Hello to every one that has posted and wanted to revive this thread.

My name is Darrin and I originally did this project with Chris (apkarian100) back in 2009. We did complete it and I have had it running in my car without a single issue since then. It is very unique and people that see it just think it looks great and adds more modernness to the interior of the NSX.

Chris and I had a few people interested in the kit however once they found out the price ... we never heard from them again. It's not cheap. Just the parts you need alone are around $600-700 dollars then the labor of making the harness and a little for the pocket puts it all at over $1000.00 The R&D for us to make it all work was over 3 months + shipping parts all over the place. I must have had my cluster in and out of my car 150 times. We built special readers to take sensor readings so we can get the conversions down right etc. We even had trim bezels and instruction made to fit the cluster in the dash while also keeping the look as stock =and made it so original cluster could be put back in the car. This meant not cutting or hacking up the cars harness.

So with that being said, people just did not want to pay over a $1000.00 for this mod.

Erik was also doing this mod for a customer at the same time Chris and I had been doing it. We obviously got it done first and I believe he never finished the project and eventually sold it to a Prime member that called me for help to get it completed. I was glad to help and happy to know another NSX owner had the same MOD I have.

Then recently Mr_goat has contacted me asking if I would be able to help with this same mod and I have been helping him with all that is needed to complete this mod. I have some bezels left and am getting the parts put together for him as he wanted to purchase this bezel from me. So I am glad I can help there.

I guess what I am trying to say is that this is much more complex then it seems. There are various hurdles for each instance. The NSX has 3 different pin outs for the cluster. So you have figure which one you have. The S2000 has several different clusters ... so that is another hurdle. And depending on all that ... all the converters needed may change depending on the combination.

In the end it took us a long time to figure it all out and make something that was complete with installation instructions etc., but the interest was not there.

I am happy to help anyone, but I have been very busy traveling for business and not home all that much. Right now time is money for me in this economy and there is no money coming in my pocket from this mod.

If you PM me ... I will answer you eventually so please be patient.

Darrin
xory72

Can you post a video?

Can you post a video?

Sure ... I will have my car out this Saturday and I'd be Glad to post a video of the cluster in action.

I wish they ere still making this harness. I would probably do this as my first mod.

I think I'd rather keep my mechanical oil pressure gauge in the Acura rather than a dummie oil pressure sensor in the s2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back