• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX to S2000 Gauge Cluster Conversion Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am proud to release a NSX to S2000 gauge cluster conversion kit. The kit will include an adaptive, almost completely plug and play harness to connect the S2000 gauge cluster straight to the OEM NSX gauge cluster wiring harness. I say almost completely plug and play because you have to find two connections aside from the normal gauge cluster wiring harness. This kit will also include detailed instructions to help you correctly calibrate the gauge cluster and make sure the S2000 gauge cluster will work the way it should.

This new gauge cluster conversion harness will cost $450. This includes my labor to make the harness plus all the converters you'll need to make the S2000 gauge properly work.

I can also provide different options and accessories for this conversion. You can also buy one of xory72's trim plate kit, which will have instructions and all that you need to give the gauge cluster the factory look. I will charge $110 for the trim plate kit for the basic aluminum trim plate kit, $150 for a carbon fiber trim plate kit.

I also have a technician who can recalibrate your odometer to the numbers you need, that will be $250.

Finally, I can even search for a Honda S2000 cluster cluster and purchase it for you. The price will vary, according to what I can find.

Here are some pics of what the gauge cluster will look like inside and outside the NSX:

S2KBlackTrim003.jpg

S2KCF002.jpg

S2KBlackTrimLED007.jpg

S2KBlackTrimLED005.jpg

Please PM me if you are interested.

Thank You

pm'd

I can understand where you're coming from, but this type of work is not cheap. The converters themselves cost a lot, and reprogramming the odometer is not an easy task, unless you are very familiar with programming, which I am not.

A feel that the stack isn't as OEM looking as this. Nonetheless, this is the cheapest I can offer, according to the parts you need for this to be done.
Not to flame or hate but man thats pricey... Its not fair from doing a stack setup.

But it looks good and oem

Last edited:
Hey all,

I have just tap into this thread to back up what Chris is saying. Most of the cost is in the converters, cluster and the adaptor plate to make it fit with factory trim bezel.

So ... I am going to go out on limb here and anyone who wants do the reseach, trial and error, figure out the convereters / resistors / wire taps etc. needed, the most you are going to save is maybe $200.

evof575gtc (Erick) may have something to say as he is doing or has done one for another Prime Member.

I am going to say between Chris and myself total combined of hours in buliding, testing and coming up with final fitting using factory parts we probaly have 80 + hours (maybe more) into this.

This is just my 2 cents!

OMG that is smokin. You should price a complete assm ready to install including cluster. If you don't want to post it you can pm it to me. Thanks.

I say price varies because I can't put an exact price on the S2000 gauge cluster. I've seen them sell from $150-$250. It depends on how lucky I get, or how much I can negotiate.

So let's say full package is between $710-$810.
OMG that is smokin. You should price a complete assm ready to install including cluster. If you don't want to post it you can pm it to me. Thanks.

Friggen sweet! I can imagine this with the CR gauge cluster that has the flashing power indicator. It would be an updated NSX-R gauge cluster in effect.

Interesting. The only thing that concerns me is if you had to sell the car how do you document the mileage that was accrued while this cluster was installed...thats pretty much a rollback waiting to happen.

Interesting. The only thing that concerns me is if you had to sell the car how do you document the mileage that was accrued while this cluster was installed...thats pretty much a rollback waiting to happen.

Easy answer....

Don't sell the car :tongue:

The technician that can recalibrate it to the correct miles needs to give us a break on that $250! :tongue:

Good price over all no doubt.You guys did a great job.

A CR gauge cluster would look awesome. The hard part is finding one for cheap.
Friggen sweet! I can imagine this with the CR gauge cluster that has the flashing power indicator. It would be an updated NSX-R gauge cluster in effect.

We are trying to negotiate a deal with him. He did say if we brought him multiple clusters at once, he'd knock the price down. I'm trying to see if he'll knock the price down, if I spread out his business over a year.

Big_D

Great questions. Here is what I have done. I took down the S-2000 milage when I installed it. I then took doen the milage of my NSX Cluster when it came out.

Since the S2000 cluster is my primary cluster ... any milage is now coming from it. I am sending my cluster to have the odometer programmed to the correct milage which would be any miles driven since my S2000 was installed.

Ex. S2K cluster start 61995 miles
S2K clusyer when I send it in 62700
Difference 705

NSX cluster when taken out 104559
S2K cluster will be programmed to 105264

Also ... I have not and will not drive the car while the cluster is out.

A CR gauge cluster would look awesome. The hard part is finding one for cheap.

We are trying to negotiate a deal with him. He did say if we brought him multiple clusters at once, he'd knock the price down. I'm trying to see if he'll knock the price down, if I spread out his business over a year.

do you think you would be able to get the power indicator to work? If so I'll start looking

I can understand where you're coming from, but this type of work is not cheap. The converters themselves cost a lot, and reprogramming the odometer is not an easy task, unless you are very familiar with programming, which I am not.

A feel that the stack isn't as OEM looking as this. Nonetheless, this is the cheapest I can offer, according to the parts you need for this to be done.

If you consider how much time was spent on this project I think the price is better than fair. .02

Chris, if you continue to innovate at this pace on the forum, you're going to start putting people out of businesses.... while breathing more life into the NSX platform rolleyes:

Stop! :eek:

............Actually, this is very cool, but I'd say you have to offer a complete package for a set price, people hate fluctuating prices.

How are you dealing with the mileage counter? If your car has 120K and you go into emissions, and now it has 5K, it's going to f your carfax.

You'll need to bring it to someone to have the odometer calibrated.
Chris, if you continue to innovate at this pace on the forum, you're going to start putting people out of businesses.... while breathing more life into the NSX platform rolleyes:

Stop! :eek:

............Actually, this is very cool, but I'd say you have to offer a complete package for a set price, people hate fluctuating prices.

How are you dealing with the mileage counter? If your car has 120K and you go into emissions, and now it has 5K, it's going to f your carfax.

Can you explain this power indicator to me? I just need more details.

Thanks

Does this help?

The Honda S2000 CR instrument panel meters include a "peak-power indicator." When the engine is operating at peak power, a round, green light illuminates to the right of the digital speedometer.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rsq0PUwUWxE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rsq0PUwUWxE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I'd have to find the wiring diagram to see if a different module ignites peak power indicator or if it's built in to the cluster. For instance, on regular S2000 cluster, you can freely change from MPH to KMPH. This feature is contained within the cluster. Hopefully this "peak power indicator" feature is also contained in the cluster itself.
Does this help?

The Honda S2000 CR instrument panel meters include a "peak-power indicator." When the engine is operating at peak power, a round, green light illuminates to the right of the digital speedometer.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rsq0PUwUWxE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Fingers crossed:biggrin:

I'd have to find the wiring diagram to see if a different module ignites peak power indicator or if it's built in to the cluster. For instance, on regular S2000 cluster, you can freely change from MPH to KMPH. This feature is contained within the cluster. Hopefully this "peak power indicator" feature is also contained in the cluster itself.

If it does, that's assuming the S2000 and NSX make peakk power @ the same RPM, I doubt it, though it will be close. If it has an accelerometer in there, that is way cool, but I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back