• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Transport for NSXPO '10

I'm trying to guage how many individuals from the MidWest are planning to attend NSXPO '10 with their beloved machines. I for one plan to attend but am not very excited to make the drive there and back.

Let's get the ball rolling and try to arrange a transporter. The sooner we can lock in a transporter, the safer I will feel about how this NSXPO will play out. If some of you are familiar with this process from past NSXPO's, please chime in and lend your knowledge.

We used Intercity several times for our Northeast contingent:

1. Round trip California
2. Return trip from Texas
3. Round trip Florida

Your best bet is to get enough to fill a full enclosed trailer to minimize the per person cost and arrange to have the cars picked up/dropped off from/at only one or two locations (each additional pick up/drop off adds to the cost).

Josh, I have been looking into this, I have a 44ft enclosed and a dodge diesel to pull it but if we can get a large car hauler I will go that route. I know myself and Phialpha44 ( kyle ) want to take our cars.

As always, Brian is on top of it. I'm glad to hear that you plan to attend this year.

If you plan to start a list of who will require a trailer, please add my car to it. With this out of the way, I plan to start looking for a flight out! :wink:

Put me on the list. Wasn't looking forward to a drive out although it could be fun with the right group:biggrin:

Let me know the per cost per person (best case and worst case). I'm planning on attending NSXPO, and would like to have my car there...BUT, am not going to put 4000 miles on the car to drive it there and back. (already made the trip from Vegas back home in August).

If you can't fill the truck with folks in the Midwest, you may be able to do so by going in with folks shipping from the Northeast. Click here.

Okay, it is getting closer. Tim has put some effort into this, but we are still not coming together as a group. I would like to start a list of all those from the Midwest that would like to see their cars go on a transporter. I'm interested to see if I will need to take my car to another region in order to get in on a hauler.

We expressed interest in Tim's thread, so if this is going to merge into this one that's cool.
We would like to know the logistics and of course costs involved before giving a solid "yes", but having already purchased our plane tickets are certainly interested.

Brian

I spoke with Jim at Intercity Lines today about arranging pick up in the KC area. He could not promise an exact arrival date this far out, but he did indicate he could arrange indoor storage at a secure location if an early arrival was necessary. Flexibility is a key component. A single haul from my location would cost approximately $1400.00 one way. A full transport, 6 cars, would reduce the cost, and he was willing to work on the cost with 4 cars. All cars would need to be picked up at the same location to save time, mileage, and fuel. If I can go I am considering driving the return trip to KC. You can contact Jim at 1-800-221-3936 ext. 106.

Josh, I have been looking into this, I have a 44ft enclosed and a dodge diesel to pull it but if we can get a large car hauler I will go that route. I know myself and Phialpha44 ( kyle ) want to take our cars.

Brian, did you ever decide on what you are doing? That would be quite a haul if you pulled it, or very expensive if you paid someone to haul....by brother Glenn does quite a bit of hauling of his collector cars, and recently bought one that hauls two cars, but you would need a fifth wheel truck to pull...

Haven't been on NSXprime in a while...between business, and Rennlist.com with the P-cars. Have only been on the track once so far this year...at Mid Ohio in May; plan on Putnam Park in July, and VIR in November....love to see your beast out there...we need another get together!

Regards,

Ray

just drive it there. and be done.

Same here. I have been working on the drive plan and will be posting soon.
This will be coming across by way of I-40 and will be inviting several Texas cars that are driving (I count 9) and Florida (SE), etc. to join in at either Knoxville, OK City or Amarillo. Anyone showing interest, please contact me here or by PM. :smile:

BTW: Mileage is good for the car and your timing belt will last longer by remaining soft and warm! haha!

What day are you leaving? Im starting my drive probably Monday Night of that week. from Tampa FL so I dont know when I would be near you guys till near the last day or so. Mine is BLACK with a Florida State University LP,

I thinking of Writing on the back window with white shoe polish
"VEGAS BOUND" or something Funny, " Gotta get her back from Vegas"

"Vegas or Bust"
" going to vegas to pick up my millions "
" Vegas stippers are waiting"

I dont know yet but it will be funny.

Reliable Transport.

$7500 each way for the entire truck. Pickup in Ann Arbor, MI and drop off in Vegas. Total of 7 cars so it would be around $2200 round trip.
Will also check Thomas Sunday and Intercity but this is the best I have found thus far.

Back