• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Upgrade Package Ideas

I have a stock '93 Silver with 43K miles and would like some ideas on future upgrade possibilities for $10,000, $20,000 and $30,000 budget. Any ideas? This is strictly for spirited road driving, no track.

1994-2000 stock wheels with Falken RT-615 tires, 1997-2000 stock headers with SOS adapters, consider changing exhaust tips, consider short gears and R&P, ALL required maintenance, good alignment, good stealth radar detector and you are good to go.

30k upgrade?

Wow, you have a deep pocket. Do the ultimate, TODA stroker kit with ITB. 400 NA powers!!!

30k will allow for a ton of upgrades, but it depends on how much power is important to you. I would start with the easy bolt on stuff first, headers and exhaust are pretty common. Suspension and brakes are also good starting point. Also, short gears and type R final drive are great upgrades for the 5 speed manual. Basically, do the easy stuff that doesn't cost a ton and see if it gives you the performance gain your looking for before going to more costly stuff like a SC, turbo, or the TODA kit. For a street driven NSX, 400 hp would be overkill--not that there is anything wrong with that!

For a street driven NSX, 400 hp would be overkill

everyone who says that has less than 400hp i would bet.....

400hp is nice and calm...even 100-200 more than that is still very streetable...except for how loud it is, most who drive or ride dont know much was done (non-nsx people)

Its a little tough to say without knowing what you would want to improve. Power? Stereo? Looks? Handling?

Personally, *I* would spend those amounts of money as follows:

10K = 'the basics' = headers, exhaust, HIDs, more aggressive suspension, more aggressive brake pads, rim upgrade & maybe shorter gearing

20k = all of the above plus a CTSC

30K = lots of possibilities
A) 10K stuff plus plug big turbo power
B) 20K stuff plus 02 update
C) 20K stuff plus aftercooler, AEM & bbk (my pick)

You get the idea. Its all about whatever YOU want.

Back