• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

NSX video shoot

if you need another black..
12-24-06_NSX.jpeg

Oh dang....How's it going man? Never thought this was your work, I didn't think you do video as well. Its ironic, just the other day I remembered you because someone asked about the lens I bought which you recommended. Hehehe.. I guess my photography stuff is getting better, I'm taking lots of pics and I'm getting positive comments from friends, most of my good ones are portrait style.

Oh I got invited by a import online magazine to help them photoshoot a car show, I had to take photographs with the model and everything. That was cool. Apparently they liked the pictures I shot from HIN so they wanted me to help out..

Anyway about the camera, wow, I had no idea a consumer camera can take that nice of an image and its 24p too...

I have a Sony VX2000, but I want to upgrade to an HD with 24p (I really want that cinema look). I am a sony fan so I am looking at HVR-V1U or XDCAM EX1. Both takes true 24p in HD, and both can record on an hard-drive which is very sweet.

Again, awesome job on the video and I'm sure the new NSX gone wild video will be as sweet or better than the previous one..

Take care

niM

Hey Nim, whats going on buddy? How's your photography stuff? I remember recommending a lens for your rebel a while back. I used a different screen name then.

About the HD camera, for that SC video, I used a simple canon HV20 (probably $600-700 now). It's the only consumer camera with 24p, which basically shoots at 24 frames per second in progressive mode to simulate that cinema look. Canon has an HV30 now and a model with a hard drive, so I recommend those.

And thanks for the video comment! I think this next NSX's Gone Wild film would be pretty good :smile: I will post a few pix soon

Thanks everyone for the interest in being part of this NSX's Gone Wild film shoot. As much as I would like to add all those who are interested, we unfortunately had to limit the numbers of cars for the shoot, and more than half of the spots where already filled last week. Right now, all the cars have been picked. Thanks again all!

I think this'll be a great video when everything is done.

BTW, if you're interested in sponsoring and have your company's name presented on the video, two spots are available after Meguair's, thanks.

-Nim-

Nice, congrats on the photography work man! I know it's a tough job taking pictures with models and everything :biggrin:

About the HD camera, if you're thinking of going high-end, definitely get the Sony EX1 over the HVR-V1U if possible. The big improvements are full manual Fujinon lens, larger 1/2 inch CMOS sensors which shoot in full 1080x1920 (not 1080x1440), and true 24p....the HVR-V1U shoots at 24p, then converts it to 60i with 2:3 pulldown.

The storage type is different too: the EX1 uses flash-based SxS memory cards as standard and can also use optional external HD, and the HVR-V1U uses HDV tapes and HD.
The EX1 wears Sony's "CineAlta" batch, and they only put that on their top, digital cinema products, so it says something about the camera itself.
This NSX's Gone Wild film will be shot with the EX1, so it should be interesting:smile:. I highly recommend that cam.

Oh dang....How's it going man? Never thought this was your work, I didn't think you do video as well. Its ironic, just the other day I remembered you because someone asked about the lens I bought which you recommended. Hehehe.. I guess my photography stuff is getting better, I'm taking lots of pics and I'm getting positive comments from friends, most of my good ones are portrait style.

Oh I got invited by a import online magazine to help them photoshoot a car show, I had to take photographs with the model and everything. That was cool. Apparently they liked the pictures I shot from HIN so they wanted me to help out..

Anyway about the camera, wow, I had no idea a consumer camera can take that nice of an image and its 24p too...

I have a Sony VX2000, but I want to upgrade to an HD with 24p (I really want that cinema look). I am a sony fan so I am looking at HVR-V1U or XDCAM EX1. Both takes true 24p in HD, and both can record on an hard-drive which is very sweet.

Again, awesome job on the video and I'm sure the new NSX gone wild video will be as sweet or better than the previous one..

Take care

niM

Last edited:
-Nim-

Nice, congrats on the photography work man! I know it's a tough job taking pictures with models and everything :biggrin:

About the HD camera, if you're thinking of going high-end, definitely get the Sony EX1 over the HVR-V1U if possible. The big improvements are full manual Fujinon lens, larger 1/2 inch CMOS sensors which shoot in full 1080x1920 (not 1080x1440), and true 24p....the HVR-V1U shoots at 24p, then converts it to 60i with 2:3 pulldown.

The storage type is different too: the EX1 uses flash-based SxS memory cards as standard and can also use optional external HD, and the HVR-V1U uses HDV tapes and HD.
The EX1 wears Sony's "CineAlta" batch, and they only put that on their top, digital cinema products, so it says something about the camera itself.
This NSX's Gone Wild film will be shot with the EX1, so it should be interesting:smile:. I highly recommend that cam.

Your video will be sweet especially the video quality.. I really thought the HVR-V1U is a true 24p HD camera, but I guess not... The EX1 is very nice, but I am a little bit torn, the V1U is about 3grand cheaper, the only reason why I want the EX1 its because of its true 24p HD. So I question myself, do I really want to offer my clients true 24p HD or am I just a nerd? hahaha.

Anyway. good luck again man.. Cant' wait to see the final result. I wish I live closer, I want to see your production.. Thanks for the info about cameras..

niM

Your video will be sweet especially the video quality.. I really thought the HVR-V1U is a true 24p HD camera, but I guess not... The EX1 is very nice, but I am a little bit torn, the V1U is about 3grand cheaper, the only reason why I want the EX1 its because of its true 24p HD. So I question myself, do I really want to offer my clients true 24p HD or am I just a nerd? hahaha.

Anyway. good luck again man.. Cant' wait to see the final result. I wish I live closer, I want to see your production.. Thanks for the info about cameras..

niM

LOL....

You welcome, feel free to shoot any questions you got about the ex1.
The HVR-V1U is a great camera and should do just fine for professional work. The EX1 is just for if you want to get the most out of everything, but it's not a necessity at all.

wow that was a sweet vid... please keep us posted on the nsx vid. especially if someone has to drop out! :)

I need a Blue, Imola Orange, Yellow, Silverstone NSX for the video. If you like to be in it please let me know. I do ask for 100% commitement.

Here is a sample video (Phu's previous project):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hUAjjoB7b8

So far we have white (me), Red (Chado), Black (Erick), maybe 1 more red (John) or black will work as well.

The time of filming is 5am, maybe PAG after (obviously it on the weekend and probably will take place in OC).

The exact date and loaction will be sent via PMs. Nothing unsafe, just causual stuff.

Good luck, I can't wait to see what comes out of this! Just don't use f'ing pirate music in the video. That music was hella off, completely destroyed the great footage/cuts/dialog/editing for me :-(. Check out some NSX videos for good music, or any top gear episode. Orchestra just doesn't work with NSXs, ships or bombers maybe.... But that's just my opinion ;).

Back