• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX vs 350z (sorry to beat dead horse)

Guys, A HUGE NSX fan here. I thought I would bring this thread to your attention. I get tired of people ripping on the NSX saying it is a "wannabe ferarri", "overpriced", "not an exotic", etc.....

I own a Nissan 350z, and I love the car, but that doesn't mean I hate the NSX. Can you guys tactfully add some comentary to this discussion, I think we have some uneducated people that need to know more.

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72276

You need to be a registered member of that site but I don't really feel like registering. Anyway, it really doesn't matter what other people think about the NSX. Just tell them to point out another mid engine sports car that has around the same performance or more than the current NSX for under $100K and maybe I'll look into buying it when I can afford one. In the meantime, my slow 92 NSX is more then enough car for me:D Really though, the NSX has no class competition. It is the only mid engine 2 seater car with enough luxury items sold for $80K range. The 360 is much more expensive and the new Lotis Elise is more a bare bones track car.

ChrisK said:
You need to be a registered member of that site but I don't really feel like registering. Anyway, it really doesn't matter what other people think about the NSX. Just tell them to point out another mid engine sports car that has around the same performance or more than the current NSX for under $100K and maybe I'll look into buying it when I can afford one. In the meantime, my slow 92 NSX is more then enough car for me:D Really though, the NSX has no class competition. It is the only mid engine 2 seater car with enough luxury items sold for $80K range. The 360 is much more expensive and the new Lotis Elise is more a bare bones track car.

ya, I have said a lot already ;)

18046sigZ.jpg

I like this reply

"I love my Z as much as you all. Like I said, I didnt used to "get" the NSX diff. After spending a day with one - then getting back into my Z...it was pathetic that the X's 14 year old inteior made the Z look like a hunk of plastic."

Well, you can chalk this one up from me:

I can't think of a car that is more fun to drive south of $50k, new or used. I test drove Supra TTs, 350Zs, S2000s, Corvettes, M3s, etc. I really liked a lot of them, but finances dictated that I only buy one.

Would I love to own an M3? Yep. A new Z06? Absolutely. An elise? Dunno, but a certainly a good candidate. Am I going to sell the NSX to do so? No way. I grin like an idiot every time I see it, let alone drive it. Test drive one - they aren't that hard to find. That is the only way to really compare.

P.S. - That is a really nice lookin Z you have there. I love that color on them.

EDIT, I registered to look at the thread, and overall I thought the thread was very balanced. I think the NSX was well respresented, much more so than the S2k thread a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
ANYTIME said:
Me like. What kind of wheels do you have on your Z?

19X8/19X10 iForged Aeros, brushed finish. the Car has a few mods since those pics, pics to come after my next mod (couple weeks)

I agree, the NSX is a blast to drive, my dad use to have one, almost as fun as a 360. people that make fun of it have NO clue!!!! is it worth $50-60k more than a Z, to me it isn't, but I don't have that kind of money, if I had it, it would be worth it. Just like everything else, it is all relative.

The thread isn't so bad, just a few guys who don't get it.

Just tell them to point out another mid engine sports car that has around the same performance or more than the current NSX for under $100K and maybe I'll look into buying it when I can afford one.

1990+ MR2 Turbo, doesn't take much from one of those to put the smack down on an NSX (Straight line), heheh you asked :p

blade83 said:
1990+ MR2 Turbo, doesn't take much from one of those to put the smack down on an NSX (Straight line), heheh you asked :p

Do you mean stock MR2 or modded MR2?:rolleyes:

blade83 said:

You are right, I did ask. The MR2 was my car of choice but fortunately I managed to get the NSX:D But like others mentioned, are you talking about a stock MR2 or a modded MR2? I could be wrong, but as far as I remember a stock MR2 was a 14 second car. Also, I'm just wondering if the MR2 had traction control and automatic climate control? Don't get me wrong, I love the MR2 and my friends car is in the current issue of HCI magazine. It is a great car but stock for stock it still didn't quite match the NSX IMHO.

kenjiMR said:
When are we gonna start kicking the trolls?

Im glad you get my meaning ChrisK, Note the other loser getting his panties in a twist, when the message is clearly in jest :rolleyes:

Indeed stock MR2 no competition for an NSX, and as I ment by "doesn't take much" I mean a small boost increase and a pod will make the MR2 much faster, you would expect better modding potential from a turbo charged car, it goes with the territory. Which is also why I put in "Straight line" as while an MR2 would be able to take an NSX down the 1/4 (with tiny mods), It would take LOTS more for an MR2 to compete with even a stock NSX on a track.

blade83 said:
1990+ MR2 Turbo, doesn't take much from one of those to put the smack down on an NSX (Straight line)
Stock vs stock, no way - not even close. Typical acceleration times for a stock MR-2 Turbo in the magazine tests are 0-60 in 6.1 seconds and 1/4 mile in 14.7 seconds (Motor Trend 9/92), both times almost a full second slower than a 3.0-liter five-speed NSX.

Originally posted by ChrisK
I could be wrong, but as far as I remember a stock MR2 was a 14 second car.
You're right when you say that you could be wrong. :D

"14 second car" = a car that runs inclusive or between 14.99-14.00 seconds.

An MR2 is certainly much slower stock, but my point was that a turbo car, for about $100 for a boost controller will net anywhere from 50-100 HP (Dependant), I said it dosen't take much, and it doesn't.

I dont think anyone will deny that the NSX isn't a drag car, but it is one hell of a track car, while you might only have to pump in $500 to get a faster straightline MR2, it would take a hell of a lot more to even be close to an NSX's circuit performance, which is where the NSX shines.

Heheh the only reason I brought it up, was that he asked for a Mid engined car, for under 100K, and I believe I did :p :p

nsxtasy said:
NSX.

You're right when you say that you could be wrong. :D

Hehehe, by 14 second car I meant it was in the 14 range. I didn't recall what is was exactly so I didn't get specific. I actually thought it was about a 14.4 second car, but since you posted it was closer to a 14.7 you answered my question specifically:D Know I now:p ;)

I dont know any different in power between 350Z and G35, but I raced with friend of mine G35 SuperCharged and I was ahead of him on every gears. We race 6 times and I was ahead of him about 1 car length on every gear up to 150mph.
Mine 92 nsx modified - type r gears - ring&pinion - exhaust - intake. My nos setup isnt working or else ;)
His 03G35 Supercharged/Cold Air Intake/Exhaust/19"wheels.
Check out the links:
http://www.moes-tavern.net/pics/mike/DSC00699.JPG
http://www.moes-tavern.net/pics/mike/DSC00700.JPG
http://www.moes-tavern.net/pics/mike/DSC00701.JPG
http://www.moes-tavern.net/pics/mike/DSC00702.JPG

blade83 said:
Im glad you get my meaning ChrisK, Note the other loser getting his panties in a twist, when the message is clearly in jest :rolleyes:

You are just wasting people's time. Lud, kick this guy out of here or send him a warning. I'm sick of smack talking half-joking all knowing wankers like this.

edit: didn't realize the thread was moved to off-topic. off-topic is for wanking, so carry on.

Lol what a moron, ok Ill bite, what did I say to get your panties in a twist in the first place, there arent any other negative remarks about my posts, because not once have I stepped out of line in any way :confused: you seem to be the only one with a problem here :eek:

Back