• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX vs 996 TT

996TT will destroy a stock NSX any year no problem. A 996 pulled slightly from me on the straights at roebling when I had my BBSC, but I had to short shift. I think they are pretty close. My C6 stayed with the 996TT on the straights no problem.

2002 C4S - 320 bhp @ 6800 rpm / 273 ft lbs @ 4250 rpm - 3234 lbs <--- Good match to race an NSX!

Here is a HD video of Jim getting whooped by a C6 down the straight at Putnam.
http://www.vimeo.com/1649901

Cody, please help!!!

A 996TT against an NSX - you guys are just plain silly (or delusional).

Damn, jim you own Putnam. I'm coming up next spring for some instruction. :biggrin:

Next spring the new Bluegrass Motorsports track will be open (just N of the KY Speedway)... exactly 22m from my driveway! :biggrin:

LOL, exactly the reason I saw 996TT in disgust. Most of those drivers refused to point by and at next corner, they brake early and slow way down, forcing me giving up all the momentum the little nsx had at the corner entry, once they past apex..... THEY ARE GONE...

I really don't see the point of drag racing a 996tt. I guessed this is just for having fun.

So true....here is a short vid of me trying to stay with one at RA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3VsPU1K3iA

Drag racing is for rednecks

Take it to a real track, where a car can show all of its qualities. Its funny people don't even have dragstrips in the rest of the world.... Leave it to America to create a dumb sport out of a performance measure that a trained monkey could compete in.
watch the lights, control throttle, drive straight.

People say its difficult.... yes picking your nose can be difficult if you make enough rules and technicalities. reaction time, 60 ft time. et, bracket racing.

Drag racers don't even need to know how to down shift.

Its a damn performance measure not a sport!

oh goes hand in hand with turning left.... the other great motor sport

Why not do a time trial at a local track, top gear style?

the whole sport of drag racing is really a sport based on automatic cars and reaction time, when it all comes down to it they could all be at home playing RED HANDS ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hands

Last edited:
The 996TT is an amazing car straight bug a big sluggesh in twisties even though it has allwheel grip. On the streets most people would not take it to the limits.

Part of the reason drag racing is big in USA is speed limits, hence very quick cars and detuned top speed. Yes the 996TT can do 10 second with some modifications in the quarter but it's function was an all weather street machine unlike the GT2 which is the ultimate expression of the 911.

The Nsx did and still does what it was intended to, a joy to drive in the streets and on the track but it is shadowed by todays exotics this kind of comparisions are not going much anywhere especially when the performance is so skyscraper apart.

This race is going to be a joke, Id save the gas money and go home with some dignity. My E46 M3 would hang with my CTSC car, could only imagine a 996 TT:rolleyes:

This race is going to be a joke, Id save the gas money and go home with some dignity. My E46 M3 would hang with my CTSC car, could only imagine a 996 TT:rolleyes:

I've only driven NSX twice (NA1 and NA2) and upon reading this forum, have been under the impression that an E46 M3 is equivalent to a NA2 NSX in stock format. Wouldn't CTSC in either format be much faster than the M3?

I've only driven NSX twice (NA1 and NA2) and upon reading this forum, have been under the impression that an E46 M3 is equivalent to a NA2 NSX in stock format. Wouldn't CTSC in either format be much faster than the M3?
Yup. That would be my conclusion after driving tons of NSXs and M3s.

my NON-CTSC 92 smokes e46 m3 all day
I run 12.9's consistently even with my big 18/19's and I ran a 12.77 with 16" oem's and falken 615's not sure how a e46 would even be on the same zipcode of a CTSC NA1

I have tons of experience in a E46 M3 13.4's are absolute best pro driver scenario, even hard to run 13.6's consistently though.

CTSC should do high 11's if you know what your doing. low 12's worst case scenario. either way 1sec faster at least.

Last edited:
My C6 stayed with the 996TT on the straights no problem.

996TT shouldn't have a problem pulling a C6.
I saw a 996TT pull from a 2007 Z06 on the straight at LeMans but that really proves nothing. Could of meant the Z06 driver didn't want to be in the way at the first corner at the end of the straight. The driver of the Porsche was fast.

996TT shouldn't have a problem pulling a C6.
I saw a 996TT pull from a 2007 Z06 on the straight at LeMans but that really proves nothing. Could of meant the Z06 driver didn't want to be in the way at the first corner at the end of the straight. The driver of the Porsche was fast.

Wow. Really, you disagree with me. Imagine that.:rolleyes:

So you saw it once and therefore you must be right and even though I personally kept up with one on the straights at Roebling Road several times, I must be wrong.

A stock 996 Turbo has roughly the same HP and TQ as the vette, but weighs about 200lbs more. Why would I not be able to keep up with that?

Remember the C&D Lightning lap -- http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...rs/the_lightning_lap_2007_feature+page-7.html

The Stock C6 was faster than a 997 Turbo.

A Z06 will beat a 997 turbo in a straight line. That is what we are talking about.... not a racetrack where corner exit speeds play a big role. A stock 996 turbo has no chance in a straight line vs a Z06.

Anyway... isn't this thread about a NSX vs a 996T? I know you have to do whatever you can to put down corvettes in any thread you can chime in on or start. I still haven't figured out why you hate these cars so much.

Oh, one more bit of Info, Car and Driver in 1997 ran a NSX-T vs 911 Turbo S, the results are:

Car 0-100 0-130 0-150
NSX 11.7 22.5 38.6
911 8.8 15.9 23.4

The Z06 does 0-150 in 17 seconds.

Car and Driver also tested a 97 Comptech NSX-T with a reported 460 HP. It did 0-150 in 26.8

Last edited:
You're the one that dragged a Corvette into the subject.

Put down the magazines.
If you want to believe your C6 is as fast as a 996TT that's ok with me.

I like Vettes. I owned 3 Vettes and love a 08' Jet-stream Blue at a local dealer (has a deep discount) but just don't have the garage space or a real inclination.
Maybe if my CTSC blows up. Dig Dig.:biggrin:

my NON-CTSC 92 smokes e46 m3 all day
I run 12.9's consistently even with my big 18/19's and I ran a 12.77 with 16" oem's and falken 615's not sure how a e46 would even be on the same zipcode of a CTSC NA1

I have tons of experience in a E46 M3 13.4's are absolute best pro driver scenario, even hard to run 13.6's consistently though.

CTSC should do high 11's if you know what your doing. low 12's worst case scenario. either way 1sec faster at least.

Stock NA1's run low 13's, CTSC cars should run mid 12's....I'd be curious to know how you ran 12.77 on NA NSX?:rolleyes:I ran a 12.5x in the CTSC car a long time ago.

But trust me, stock for stock. I'd run whoever in my bone stock M3 and give you something to worry about:biggrin: A 996 Turbo could start in 2nd or 3rd gear, give a car length or two and still spank an NSX:redface:

All I'm saying, this comparison is silly:wink:

I know a yellow NA, NA2 NSX coupe that runs 12.49 with CT headers and exhaust. :biggrin:
(And so do you, Kid)

Last edited:
Remember the C&D Lightning lap -- http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...rs/the_lightning_lap_2007_feature+page-7.html

The Stock C6 was faster than a 997 Turbo.

A Z06 will beat a 997 turbo in a straight line. That is what we are talking about.... not a racetrack where corner exit speeds play a big role. A stock 996 turbo has no chance in a straight line vs a Z06.

In the quarter mile the 997 Tiptronic (70lbs heavier than manual) at 3584 pounds still beats the quickest 505-hp(480P) Corvette Z06 C&D has tested. 11.6 seconds 0-60 3.4 seconds and you will not see any 911 customers at the Z06 order line.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...sche_911_turbo_tiptronic_short_take_road_test

Very typical of car and drive to put a heaver Porsche against the lighter Corvette they have been doing this for 20 years now but we have caught onto this.

According to a test driver.

MHW, I test drove a regular C6 and a 911s back to back twice in a day, and I can tell you, the difference in power delivery is night and day. The corvette you had to fight through the gears and time the shift right, or you’d be sideways into a tree. The 911s you could drive like my 3 series, but the second you wanted “go” all you needed to do was man handle it real quick.
And yes, I know the corvette get’s great “Highway” miles. But I live in LA and our highways are horrible for V8’s and no variable camming.

The Porsche competes in the GT2 class while Corvette in the GT1 so a claim of the vette actually taking the Porsche in competition is very far from the truth. Even at Nburg a GT3 posted faster times agains the Z06 Automobil (05/2006) Sport Auto (05/2006) Walter Röhrl 7:42 and Porsche 997 Turbo, 480 PS/ ??? kg, Michelin Cup Sport tyres (Motortrend)7:40 two seconds faster than Z06.

This should be interesting. Hell, I would stand a much better chance against that car with what I have. BTW, an E46 M3 is nice car but by no means a screamer. My car when stock could take one due to the torque. I don't see how any stock NSX without forced induction is pulling 12's unless they have something magical in their car.

Back