• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX vs. C6 Corvette -- 3rd gear

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Top ten reasons why people hate street racing stories:
People really hate street racing stories:

1) When the NSX wins.

2) They don't have a NSX and the NSX wins.

3) if they bought a crummy example of a NSX and they can't win.

4) if the NSX wins and they have no clue how to drive their NSX and can't win.

5) if the NSX won and they modded their NSX and all they did was make it slower, or worse yet, blew it up because they didn't know what they were doing AND can only blame the car because they don't have a clue.

6) They have no NSX, can only afford something less expensive to buy own and maintain and want that to be faster so they can say how crappy the NSX is since they can't get a good one.

7) if the NSX wins and they have a automatic NSX and can't win.

8) when the NSX wns and they had a NSX but forgot NO TO LIFT and they crashed theirs.

9)if the NSX wins and they own crappy cars like a RX7 or 350Z and want them to be considered equal to the NSX.

10) when the NSX wins and the closest they can get to the real thing is turning the pages of some car mag drooling over the road tests while sitting on the toilet dreaming of making a big splash in life.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Congrats jond

You just made a lot of enemies:biggrin:

Put your NSX at 600rwhp and see how long the parts last... I can think of more than a few that have gone boom very quickly... and not the tranny.. OH, and repairs for the NSX are A LOT more than a chevy. I hope you never have to experience that.

When you do get to race him, film it so we can all watch.

i have just put almost 90% of my cars' hp and it really runs really well... he added 20% on his and his tranny blew up 3 times... my next tune, im putting 13 psi and i am targeting 550 whp.... dont worry ill let you know when mine blow... I have another project with sleeved block waiting to be installed (shooting for 700 to 1k on the next project)... you may love your vette an i have nothing against it but people like you who own nsx and underdogs it should just drive their CHEVY... ohh i already repaired my tranny when i changed the clutch... i went with type r RP and close gear ratio and feels very smooth....

i have just put almost 90% of my cars' hp and it really runs really well... he added 20% on his and his tranny blew up 3 times... my next tune, im putting 13 psi and i am targeting 550 whp.... dont worry ill let you know when mine blow... I have another project with sleeved block waiting to be installed (shooting for 700 to 1k on the next project)... you may love your vette an i have nothing against it but people like you who own nsx and underdogs it should just drive their CHEVY... ohh i already repaired my tranny when i changed the clutch... i went with type r RP and close gear ratio and feels very smooth....

Good luck with your car. I hope it's better than your English. :wink:

You just made a lot of enemies:biggrin:

Nah. Not a sweetie like me.
laughing%20baby%20(cropped).jpg

When you do get to race him, film it so we can all watch.
Ill try to do it like JOND did... Vtec baby....:biggrin: but seriously, you have proven your point that vette is fast... i agree with you... but this thread is about how jond and his 290 hp car spanked a 400 hp c6 vette because of NSX's TOP END... and you may post again to contradict this but i would like to leave you something before that... chill out... :smile:

Ill try to do it like JOND did... Vtec baby....:biggrin: but seriously, you have proven your point that vette is fast... i agree with you... but this thread is about how jond and his 290 hp car spanked a 400 hp c6 vette because of NSX's TOP END... and you may post again to contradict this but i would like to leave you something before that... chill out... :smile:

I'm chilled.

I don't doubt his story either. Like I said, stock to stock, a vette is much faster in the 1/4 and 0-150. That is all I said, and that is what I proved.

I would love to race my friend here in his 3.2 NSX, but I won't do it on a public road.

FYI, I never said I loved my "chevy" more than the 2 NSX's I have owned. It is a better daily driver, but the NSX is certainly more exotic and sounds much better with the right exhaust. Both cars are fun on the racetrack.

She's well written than my English. My auto mechanic class was better than my ESL.:smile:

Did you get your new bearings installed? Please take some video's when she is fixed. I would love to see it. Do you have any pics of your set-up?

By the way, (NETVIPER) what happened to your build... i was following that closely before on the FI thread...

I bought a new motor and put the car back to stock. I sold it shortly after. I miss it though.. it was a blast and it sounded SOOO good!

Did you get your new bearings installed? Please take some video's when she is fixed. I would love to see it. Do you have any pics of your set-up?

Bearings are done but i'm waiting to get it back from the machine shop... parts ran me about $50 but pressing it out and in was $100... it was a pretty good project and it should help us nsxprimers with this setup... it took me 2 weeks to look and gather all the bearings and seals....

Nah. Not a sweetie like me.
laughing%20baby%20(cropped).jpg

Cute baby. First the Corvette is fast.

Pushrod or Vtec
Front engine or mid engine
Plastic or Aluminum
Leather or Nappa leather

You get what you pay for. Lets see how these cars hold up in 10-15 years.

I fortell a 91 NSX versus corvette thread in the year 2020...

a C6 is about the same weight as an NSX-T. They make ~345rwhp. If you beat one from a roll it was because the driver of the corvette was in the wrong gear (just like you were) and never downshifted.

Just because the fastest ever 1/4 mag time of 12.9 is close to whatever mag time you pulled the 12.7 out of for the C6 does not mean the cars have comparable excelleration.

1. Chevy rates the 05-07 C6 at 12.5 @114 MPH. The fastest stock 05-07 (fastest bone stock list over on the vette board) ran a 12.2. Ever heard of a stock NSX running that?

2. For a better comparison of real world acceleration look at the trap speed of the two vehicles. In this case we are comparing ~106 mph traps to ~114 mph traps. That is a HUGE difference.

BTW, nice kill!:biggrin:

LOL. By then the base vette will be a 12 speed sequential manual with 800 HP and you guys will still be waiting on the next gen NSX. :biggrin:

classic...there won't be a need to compare the '91 NSX to a vette...

by then, a civic will be running 400rwhp stock :wink:

:biggrin: ...... while sitting on the toilet dreaming of making a big splash in life.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Congrats jond

Something I don't quite understand :rolleyes:

If you already sitting on the toilet, dreaming of making A BIG SPLASH in life.....

Then what's stopping you..... !!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

hehe I know, just remind......:biggrin:

I agree. The NSX is beautiful and elegant, but it is dated and mildly underpowered. If only you could have the power and technology of the C6 with the beauty and elegance of the NSX.

oh wait, you can.. its called the R8. :) maybe one day....

For the price of an R8 you could have a C6 Z06 with 85 more HP and a 400lb weight advantage (not to mention the $40k you'd have left in the bank)

For the price of an R8 you could have a C6 Z06 with 85 more HP and a 400lb weight advantage (not to mention the $40k you'd have left in the bank)

I can appreciate this thought and not surprised to see it migrating to the R8.

I've seen both and driven the Vette. I could have the Vette tomorrow night in my garage.

I could tell myself and my wife about how I saved $40k and had 85 more hp, a 400lb weight advantage and on and on. In addition, it would be very easy to find certification and like thinking folks to make me feel that I made the right buying decision.

Me, my wife and my friends would think the R8 would be worth the extra dough. I thank God everyday for that woman and those friends and tolerate, the best I can, folks who just don't get it.

I can appreciate this thought and not surprised to see it migrating to the R8.

I've seen both and driven the Vette. I could have the Vette tomorrow night in my garage.

I could tell myself and my wife about how I saved $40k and had 85 more hp, a 400lb weight advantage and on and on. In addition, it would be very easy to find certification and like thinking folks to make me feel that I made the right buying decision.

Me, my wife and my friends would think the R8 would be worth the extra dough. I thank God everyday for that woman and those friends and tolerate, the best I can, folks who just don't get it.
Joe, don't forget, for a lot less $$$ you can get a civic, turbocharge it, put a shot of NOS in, some giant fa-t can exhaust, a giant "go slow" wing and have the car and almost $90k extra in the bank and you'd probably be able to eat the ZO6 for lunch too!!!

PS, I'd rather have the R8

This is why I can't understand people saying the R8 is the new NSX. It's more expensive than it's competition which is really just supposed to be the 911/911S. It doesn't touch the F430 and it's heavy. Plus it's an Audi so it won't be anywhere near as durable or reliable as the NSX. C&D tested it on it's lightning lap and the regular C6 Corvette was faster. It's great that it out performs it's target the 911/911S ,but it costs $20-30k more than it's competition. When the NSX came out it was $20-30k cheaper than it's competition so other than being sophisticated and confidence inspiring to drive exactly how is this the new NSX. Because of those two similarities and being mid engine it's the next NSX???? Come on. The NSX when it came out out performed the base C4 on the track the 911 and the Ferrari 348.

I don't think it's fair to devalue the R8 pricewise in comparison the Z06 because the Z06 is mass production vs limited ,plus euro vs dollar is always going to push the price of european cars higher. What people need to do is stop being poseurs and understand that Chevy not Ferrari is really the one to beat. The C6 and Z06 are outperforming cars regardless of price point. Honda targeting the DB9 is an easy target to beat as your paying for the name and air of Aston Martin. Beating an Aston Martin isn't hard. The current NSX outperforms the Vantage. The Z06 humbles the F430 in straight numbers/track even the upcoming Scuderia may not match the 08 Z06 with new suspension. Honda needs to come to the game with GMs mentallity. Gain status by performance not price.

Sorry for the rant guys

I don't think it's fair to devalue the R8 pricewise in comparison the Z06 because the Z06 is mass production vs limited ,plus euro vs dollar is always going to push the price of european cars higher. What people need to do is stop being poseurs and understand that Chevy not Ferrari is really the one to beat. The C6 and Z06 are outperforming cars regardless of price point. Honda targeting the DB9 is an easy target to beat as your paying for the name and air of Aston Martin. Beating an Aston Martin isn't hard. The current NSX outperforms the Vantage. The Z06 humbles the F430 in straight numbers/track even the upcoming Scuderia may not match the 08 Z06 with new suspension. Honda needs to come to the game with GMs mentallity. Gain status by performance not price.

Sorry for the rant guys

Good point.

Another view is two us dollars = one euro. In 10 years which will hold its value more an R8 or Z06, or an nsx or C6 corvette? The new Z06 with the sport suspension has slight edge on straight line very marginal. Not enough to make a difference where it counts, in the long run. In those hard corners where breaking and gear changes are involved. Taking all these variables into account the Ferrari will almost surely win in a race. Audi uses this same philosophy in racing and they win most of the time.

Good point.

Another view is two us dollars = one euro. In 10 years which will hold its value more an R8 or Z06, or an nsx or C6 corvette? The new Z06 with the sport suspension has slight edge on straight line very marginal. Not enough to make a difference where it counts, in the long run. In those hard corners where breaking and gear changes are involved. Taking all these variables into account the Ferrari will almost surely win in a race. Audi uses this same philosophy in racing and they win most of the time.

I hear ya on the Euros ,but the 08 suspension on the Z06 is for driver confidence in the corners. It already had more than a slight advantage on the straights. Neither the F430 or the R8 could beat the pre 08 Z06 on the track the new suspension will further that lead. Plus the brakes and transmission on the Z06 get the job done. The Z06 doesn't just out accelerate the Audi and Ferrari it out brakes and out grips them as well. To target either of those cars means Honda is not targeting #1 which right now is GMs Z06. Plus These new Corvettes are holding their value like no other Corvettes in the past. Solid performance at a good price will do that.

Plus with exception of certain Audi's ( actually only one I can think of The RS6 ) they tend not to hold their value that well because as they get older they get expensive. I say this from experience.

Back