• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX vs. C6 Corvette -- 3rd gear

I hear ya on the Euros ,but the 08 suspension on the Z06 is for driver confidence in the corners. It already had more than a slight advantage on the straights. Neither the F430 or the R8 could beat the pre 08 Z06 on the track the new suspension will further that lead. Plus the brakes and transmission on the Z06 get the job done. The Z06 doesn't just out accelerate the Audi and Ferrari it out brakes and out grips them as well. To target either of those cars means Honda is not targeting #1 which right now is GMs Z06. Plus These new Corvettes are holding their value like no other Corvettes in the past. Solid performance at a good price will do that.

Plus with exception of certain Audi's ( actually only one I can think of The RS6 ) they tend not to hold their value that well because as they get older they get expensive. I say this from experience.

The track history at Lemans suggest Porsche usually comes in first followed by Ferrari and Audi wins most of the races with their R10 in their class. Longevity could be the key, and both Ferrari and Porsche design cars to take a beating for hours on end at the track.

MT-01-Reduced.jpg

062607_1.jpg

Remeber this Corvette concept?

012407_2.jpg

Bottom line is that vettes have a VERY strong performance to dollar value and their cars are getting sexier with ever improving fit and finish.

The track history at Lemans suggest Porsche usually comes in first followed by Ferrari and Audi wins most of the races with their R10 in their class. Longevity could be the key, and both Ferrari and Porsche design cars to take a beating for hours on end at the track.

With a pit crew and then tear down ,but are people who buy Porsches, Ferraris and Audi street car versions able to make the same claim when they track their cars?

Bottom line is that vettes have a VERY strong performance to dollar value and their cars are getting sexier with ever improving fit and finish.

Oh snap! Never thought I'd see the day when I'd be agreeing with BATMANs LOL Someone help me:biggrin:

Silly wabbit, I think we've agreed on more stuff than I like to admit openly.

Like that Silverrock sucks and people who buy street gray sports cars are fairies:biggrin:

Gray/grey and silver car owners are just lazy folks that, if they can, would even avoid taking bathes and showers since it subtracts from their daily laziness.....

Amen brother amen!

That is true. The vette on the cover almost looks like a Ferrari 599. What is interesting is the new ZR1 is coming with a magnetic suspension just like the 599 and the R8. It sounds like it will be a better version of the F55 suspension in the cars now.

I have yet to see the LT4 interior of the 08 vette in person, but it looks like the interior quality is getting pretty damn close to higher-end exotic cars.

On a side note, I was a passenger this weekend in a 599 at Roeling Road. That is a BIG car. The interior is gorgeous. The outside... um.. its OK. It probably has the best sound I have ever heard. Unfortunetly, it was HEAVY in the corners

At the rate that Vettes are improving in areas that hurt them (fit and finish) and while they still maintain a bang4thebuck performance title I won't be surprise to see the NSX forum contract with membership.

Even if the "new" fugly front engine NSX comes out.

HSC is the ONLY good NSX replacement that Acura thought of, not that front engine thing.....

For the price of an R8 you could have a C6 Z06 with 85 more HP and a 400lb weight advantage (not to mention the $40k you'd have left in the bank)

Very true, but the R8 is exotic, gorgeous and rare. I think the R8 is a little pricey for the performance. I wish it was either a little faster or a little less money. I guess there comes a point where performance just isn't that important. Does it matter if it does 0-60 in 4.1 vs 4.5? The R8 is actually slower the my C6, but it is a very close race. I love the performance of the vette, so I think I could live with the R8 being slightly slower because I think the R8 is a gorgeous, mid engine exotic.

When the R8 V10 twin turbo comes out, that should put the performance questions to rest, but at what cost?

HSC is the ONLY good NSX replacement that Acura thought of, not that front engine thing.....

Damn right. They should have brought that car our with the V10 and called it a day. Everything since has been crap.

I don't understand why Honda is aming at Aston Martin. Would anyone EVER cross shop an Acura with an Aston Martin?

With a Mid-engine car, there are not many options out there. Front engine... they are EVERYWHERE.

Ill try to do it like JOND did... Vtec baby....:biggrin: but seriously, you have proven your point that vette is fast... i agree with you... but this thread is about how jond and his 290 hp car spanked a 400 hp c6 vette because of NSX's TOP END... and you may post again to contradict this but i would like to leave you something before that... chill out... :smile:

Are you serious.....thats what this thread is about???? Wow I completely forgot after reading all the........comments. Oh yeah, can someone explain why the ford taurus isnt on the nurburgring track times?

I ordered a c6 yesterday......they gave me a 5-7 week delivery time and here are the specs.

Jetstream blue coupe manual (LS3 430hp)
3LT package includes heads up display with tach and G-meter when in track mode.....on the windshield
nav
Z51 package which is the autocross package (very nice option)
dual mode exhaust +6hp (436hp)
comp gray wheels
two tone interior (silver/black)

Ill let you know how it compares to my 1991 NA1 and yes, my 91 was very healthy....had only 26k miles when I sold it.

That is true. The vette on the cover almost looks like a Ferrari 599. What is interesting is the new ZR1 is coming with a magnetic suspension just like the 599 and the R8. It sounds like it will be a better version of the F55 suspension in the cars now.

Actually, the standard C6 was the first car ever to use the magnetic suspension. It has always been an option on C6 corvettes.

Very true, but the R8 is exotic, gorgeous and rare. I think the R8 is a little pricey for the performance. I wish it was either a little faster or a little less money. I guess there comes a point where performance just isn't that important. Does it matter if it does 0-60 in 4.1 vs 4.5? The R8 is actually slower the my C6, but it is a very close race. I love the performance of the vette, so I think I could live with the R8 being slightly slower because I think the R8 is a gorgeous, mid engine exotic.

When the R8 V10 twin turbo comes out, that should put the performance questions to rest, but at what cost?

I don't think the twin turbo will come anywhere close to the SS/ZR-1's 650 HP or anywhere near it's price. So, no, the performance questions will not be put to or anywhere near rest.

By the way ... that Porsche Boxster S I bought after I sold the NSX is gone. The car on the left is my new ride, the one on the right is my Dad's. And yes, my car will SPANK an Audi R8.

DSC01508.jpg

By the way ... that Porsche Boxster S I bought after I sold the NSX is gone. The car on the left is my new ride, the one on the right is my Dad's. And yes, my car will SPANK an Audi R8.

Spank it in terms for the bang for the buck and performance maybe but not in the design department though; exterior and esp interior. The new C6 interior is much better than the c5, but the c6's design still could be more original and refined. We spend more time in the car than actually looking at the car so the interior should be very important. The NSX interior is still ahead of it's time with the layout and ergonomics. This could also be said about the 300ZX interior since they are very similar in layout and aesthetics.

Many cars 17 years later still do not match up to these late 1980s interior and esp no car back in the 90s, which is appalling to me. Even Ferrari and Porsche imo had terrible interior back in the hay day. I still think Ferrari make some bad looking interiors for the money they demand for their cars. And since I rambling about interior, Bimmer really needs to step up their interior design too. They are two conservative with the exterior and the interior is too outdated looking (335i being the prime example).

Nonetheless, the Corvette will always be about the bang for the buck, but then again there is the new GTR, if you can deal with the "I am on coke and aww that's cute" design for that one. Too much focus on performance and not enough in the looks department. Anyways, back to the NSX vs C6 argument.

Back