• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX vs. Corvette Z06?

When I saw my first C6 ZO6 I told my wife "I don't want to like that car, but I think I do."

swbatte said:
When I saw my first C6 ZO6 I told my wife "I don't want to like that car, but I think I do."

I like the way the Z06 fenders flare instead of being straight like the normal vette.

Looks good imho.
Z06.jpg

comtec said:
I like the way the Z06 fenders flare instead of being straight like the normal vette.

Looks good imho.
Z06.jpg

Ya, I do. I definitely do like it. I'll wait 7-8 years, then it will be worth about 25k and I'll buy one and drive the crap out of it.

I have seen a lot of sweet bodykits on NSX, but not many on vettes; however,
Check out the C6 bodykit.

I think that is HOT.

Attachments

• c6f-final-800.jpg
    c6f-final-800.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 147
NetViper said:

I think that is HOT.

That does look good. The front spoiler would not last long.

NetViper said:

I think that is HOT.

ok... that is great...

Haha, I have seen a pinto with a monster V8 hustle so many people at the street races. I remember it did have some trouble stopping though :eek:

ediddynsx said:
Haha, I have seen a pinto with a monster V8 hustle so many people at the street races. I remember it did have some trouble stopping though :eek:

He probably spent all that money on the engine and didn't even upgrade the brakes.
cookoo.gif

All I know is that since I have owned my car. I have gotten incredible responce that I never, ever expected.

All I get is dropped jaws, blank stares, and most common comment "Sick". Not "hot" "nice" "cool". just completly "SICK"

Ive parked next to Gallardo's, 360's, Vipers, Esprit's, C6's, countless 911 turbo's. Not a single one gets more comments stares or sparks more intrest. The NSX is and will always be the Supercar of the 90's period. It did its job and is going down in the history books.
That alone leaves no comparison to any new car produced.

The NSX is not a sports car its designed like a race car. Just like f-cars. NO car under 150k is comparable period.
If your considering a C6 just buy any stock 2000 vette add a supercharger and of you go... no need to spend 70k. Relability is garbage either way.

But if you must compare than to new cars with new advancements and so on than you give the NSX at least minor mods. Headers, Exhaust, Intake, newer suspension, and newer wider wheels and tires. Just like the newer cars.

Once all that is taken into consideration which is about 5-6k worth of mods and almost 13 sec flat...
You can keep ur silly C6 and shove it. I wouldent trade even if you paid me 30k. Yes that buys me a stock NSX but that doesent count.

A NSX is not only reliable, durable, and solid. but it has one thing that most people dont see in magazines or published performance statistics.
Consitancy.
The NSX is engineered and balanced and designed correctly. Meaning it gives you the proper tools needed to be fast around a track consitantly. A viper or C6 is much harder to keep on the track than on the grass. The reason it has the speed is because u cant constanlty push it HARD around a track and therfore needs the extra accelearation to make up for coming out of corner like a little girl.

Besides that I dont think a C6's acceleration makes up for its handeling. especially when average to above average drivers are involved. Its takes much skill to push a FR car compared to a NSX.

Besides if you look up all the comarisons on this Forum. Its always "newest fast car" vs NSX doesent matter how far back u go. that just proves that 2-3 yrs later no one cares about that car and there on the again "newest fastest car now" vs NSX.

NSX = Unreplacable, Uncomparable.
C6 = Soon to be replaced by C7 w/1000hp @ 4k lbs than later C8 w/1500hp WHO CARES? And remember its 5th YR aniversary also marks it 50% value reduction:biggrin:

When the Vette reaches 10's in quarter stock someday. I will probably still be happy as a Pig in Sh*t in my NSX:biggrin:

And as far a a S2k being comparable performace wise? What the hell are you people talking about? 13sec MR vs. 14sec FR? MABE on autocross but besides that on any respectable track or street for that instance the S2k is way way behind.

Last edited:
Lets be honest people a C6 Z06 will out accelerate and handle just as good or better than a stock NSX.

The NSX is a fantastic car but it isn't in the same performance league as a new Z06 in anything near stock form.

The C6 Z06 will hold its own on a road course against a Ferrari F430, Ford GT etc... which are all the latest generation super cars. The NSX is a great car, it is just dated when it comes to performance. I still think any NSX looks better :)

In response to supercharging a 2000 C5, this wouldn't be anywhere near the same. The suspension on a new Z06 is better and stiffer and therefore much better suited to the track (road course).

Scin said:
Lets be honest people a C6 Z06 will out accelerate and handle just as good or better than a stock NSX.

The NSX is a fantastic car but it isn't in the same performance league as a new Z06 in anything near stock form.

The C6 Z06 will hold its own on a road course against a Ferrari F430, Ford GT etc... which are all the latest generation super cars. The NSX is a great car, it is just dated when it comes to performance. I still think any NSX looks better :)

I have to say I haven't driven a ZO6, but I am aware that this is a car that is very difficult to drive at the limit. I don't think it's handling is in the same league as the NSX even if stock to stock comparisons show a higher lateral g number for the ZO6. This is popular opinion in almost all reviews I have read about the car, and it just didn't feel planted on the track like my NSX when I was a passenger.

Like I said, I don't want to like the ZO6, but I do.

I should add that the latest Z06 is made of magnesium, carbon fiber and aluminum. The engine is pushed as far back as possible, so it has better weight distribution. This C6 isn't just a C5 with more power.

The Z06 is every bit as good as the NSX on the track, and it is definitely harder to drive. It has a lot more power, and a lot of the power is available down low... you have to be very gentle with the throttle.

Last edited:
look pal, i came here looking for information, not a fight. Ill tell you this: ive driven perhaps a total of 7 cars in my life, the best being an s2000, and the rest being either beat up hand-me-downs or mommy's SUV's. My point is that ive got nothing to else to compare these 2 cars with than other peoples opinions. And lets face it, if me, some 19 year old punk walks into a chevy dealership asking for a test drive on a Z06, im just gonna get laughed out. Im assuming that by calling me a kid, you yourself are not exactly a spring chicken, but im sure even you can remember way back when you were my age and you had dreams and aspirations too, but didnt have money (yet)... this is the same deal, only higher tech :rolleyes: and seeing as how many replies there have been to this thread, i wouldnt say that this is a "lame debate"...

ANYWAYS, to get off that little tangent, thanks to those who took the time to answer the questions at hand. I liked the analogy to supermodels and maids... that pretty much sums it up: utility vs. sexability. Thanks guys.
RON98 said:
who cares about how common/hard to find a car is...

the pinto is harder to find than the nsx. I never acturally seen one in real life. now thats rare, but does it make it a good car?

quit this lame debate already. its a waste of time. you have what you have cause you like it for its own qualities.

anyone that requires someone else opinion about how they should spend their money should not be making any kind of purchase. Instead they should give $ to those who have the ability to make up their own minds.

If you dont have a vette or a NSX, dont come here sturing things up. When you get older and can be a man and make your own decision, pick one or the other.

stubid discussion.

next time just ignore this tard and we will cut down on forum bs.

WingZ said:
Gotta do your 91 NSX history bro. You couldn't touch a 91 NSX for sticker when the first came out. Some actually sold for as much as $100k.
When my Grand Father purchased his in 1991 he went to pick it up and the dealer offer him 20k to keep the car. He turned it down and paid the 60 or so thousand minus the 1000 he put down a year before to hold his spot.

:biggrin: spring chicken? im only 23. No old cock here. im work hard and smart, had in excesse of at least 25 nice cars so far. Nothing was handed to me. I owned 3 NSX, 4 S2K 3 MKIV Supras, 2 being turbos and i have both turbos right now + i currently own a S2K also amonst other cars. LoL, i have dreams and asperations. The difference between you and i is, when i have a dream, i put myself into action so that i can live the dream. You can keep dreaming :) dont throw the age card around like you have the right to ask already asked questions cause your young. Age is no excuse for the inability to use the search button. This vette vs nsx topic has been so over done, its like trying to beat water from a stone.

If you need to ask someone else how to spend your money... you'll only live someone else's dreams. You'll learn when your older.

Also so for the maid vs supermodel, im happy you like my comparison but i was pulling your chain, they are both highly unpractical. When i need practicality such as pick up furniture, upgrades for my cars or tow my boat... i have a truck for that.

Not sure if you live at your mom's house but i would recommend the a good sports car only when you move out and are on your own. When you can sholder the costs of living in the real world, then think about buying a luxery item.

good luck to you and someone else's purchasing decision

ps. i cant spel. bite me :smile:

lol sure thats fine and all but... like i said, unlike you, ive got nothing to go by for comparison EXCEPT others opinions. i havent driven much and im probably not going to own anything until im an old fart like you! :wink:

its not like i sit around on my ass all day going from forum to forum... im doing full time work and full time school as a matter of fact (although barely on both accounts). :cool:

search button?!?!?! bah, searchings for panzies! :cool:

lol sure but as far as utility comparison between the 2 i meant performance..... i didnt mean a sports utility vehicle :rolleyes: lol

oh snap... secrets out... i do live with my mom! i agree, im not gonna go out and buy something before i get done with school and move out. but damn... 25 cars at the tender age of 23? and how did u manage to own 3 NSX's without ur daddy buying it for you? are u a brain surgeon or something? :eek:

i reiterate... old fart! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

You know all cars are nice including the Vetts, especally the new Z06. It's the owners I have a problem with some time though. I can't ever stop at a traffic siginal next to a Vette or Mustang GT, without getting a speed show when the light turns green.

The new ones really look nice, I've seen a few around San Diego that have 51 Vette noses and tailights. Ther kinda cool looking actually.

But as every one, "even the V owners anf F owners" have to admit you just can't beat the quality of construction of the Acuras, any Acura.

I would really like to see how a helthy stock late model NSX on a pretty serious road course would do agains one of the Z06's. I mean real world without all the hype.

Incidently an F-430 isn't what I would call a super car, it's a very nice fast F-car. But it's not something I would brag about being as fast as.

Line it up against an F-288, F-40, F-50, Enzo, Diablo, or Lola. You really want to consider the Z06 a super car, give it some real super cars to run against. I've actually seen a prova countach with a 460 ford. The Z06 wouln't stand a prayer.

Last edited:
Ron98 must work at a car dealership. He counts every demo car he drives home with dealer tags on the back. :wink:

But seriously, 23 years old, 25 cars, 3 NSX's, 4 S2000's. I'm not impressed, just kind of dumbfounded. Why? Why in the hell would you have so many damn cars, and have so many nice cars just to get rid of them? If you are just buying cars to sell them, then you really have no real interest or passion invested in them, so I have a hard time believing that YOU, YOURSELF, PERSONALLY OWNED and drove 25 cars already. But say what you want. I'm not here to ask for scanned copies of all your vehicle titles, but when such a ridiculous claim is made, somebody has to say something. Christ, you're probably just on here waiting for someone to sell their car so you can snag it and re-sell it.

oh of course, i know some F or L car would beat both the Z06 and the NSX, but personally, those are cars so far beyond my financial grasp that i dont even consider them anymore when i think/talk about cars hahahaha haha ha.. aw man... :frown:

howabout a Ford GT though? not sure if you would consider it a super car but i would :biggrin: last night i saw one on the road... ive never really noticed it but its mid mounted isnt it? wouldnt this car be a pretty good competitor with the NSX as far as balance is concerned?

It will be interesting to see how the GT stands up to the test of time resale wise. I think in the very short term, most buyers lost money as they paid over MSRP. In the moderate term they may hold their residual values well.. The question is in 10-15 years, will a Ford GT have an audience like it does now. I think the imports (which are the dream cars of the young) may take some of the shine off of the Ford.

I believe the GT is a fantastic car (although somewhat parts bin ish). We'll see if it's an affordable choice down the road.

Back