• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX vs. Corvette Z06?

You know I think the ford GT will do ok in the resale area. Ther having problems with them though. I personally driven past 2 of them stopped on the side of the free way here in San Diego. Pretty sad site to see. I actually felt sorry for them. Nice looking car though.

swbatte said:
It will be interesting to see how the GT stands up to the test of time resale wise. I think in the very short term, most buyers lost money as they paid over MSRP. In the moderate term they may hold their residual values well.. The question is in 10-15 years, will a Ford GT have an audience like it does now. I think the imports (which are the dream cars of the young) may take some of the shine off of the Ford.

I believe the GT is a fantastic car (although somewhat parts bin ish). We'll see if it's an affordable choice down the road.

I think the limited production run will definitely help the collectibilty and residual value of the GT. I was a little surprised it performed as poorly as it did during a recent Road & Track test against the Gallardo, ZO6 and F430 however.

If the car holds up fairly well to age and it remains driveable I think in 20 years it will have been a fine investment. The fact that the car was going for sticker as quickly as it was frightens me a bit though. Z06s are still going for $5-10K over sticker.

NSXGMS said:
The fact that the car was going for sticker as quickly as it was frightens me a bit though. Z06s are still going for $5-10K over sticker.

there are alot of buyers at ~70k compared to those at 160k.

amgnsx said:
hahah
cool thanks for the video.

next car to break down on that vid will be that "F" car that drove by LOL :biggrin:

Which one the f50 that blew by ..... ask me how I know. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

NSXGMS said:
I think the limited production run will definitely help the collectibilty and residual value of the GT. I was a little surprised it performed as poorly as it did during a recent Road & Track test against the Gallardo, ZO6 and F430 however.

If the car holds up fairly well to age and it remains driveable I think in 20 years it will have been a fine investment. The fact that the car was going for sticker as quickly as it was frightens me a bit though. Z06s are still going for $5-10K over sticker.

One reason for the GT's relative standing in the R&T test is that the F430 and the Gallardo were riding on race rubber. The equivalent tires for the GT were not readily available so they continued the test with the GT on its OEM tires. Not fair. Other comparo tests in recent history show the GT every bit as capable as the others.

hofffam said:
One reason for the GT's relative standing in the R&T test is that the F430 and the Gallardo were riding on race rubber. The equivalent tires for the GT were not readily available so they continued the test with the GT on its OEM tires. Not fair. Other comparo tests in recent history show the GT every bit as capable as the others.

I read through that article in the September 2006 R & T and couldn't find any indication of that...:confused:

Looks like all the cars were running on stock tires. Both the GT and the ZO6 were running Eagle F1 Supercar and the F430 and Gallardo were running P Zero Corsas.

Are you referring to the other R & T test with the Accufab GT and the Lingenfelter Vette, GTO, etc. against the stock ZO6? Didn't the Vette snap it's differential when slicks were used in that test?

NSXGMS said:
I read through that article in the September 2006 R & T and couldn't find any indication of that...:confused:

and the F430 and Gallardo were running P Zero Corsas.

QUOTE]

you couldn't find any indication of that because R&T failed to point it out except in the specs section.......P Zero Corsas are basically race tires. In other tests the GT slightly betters the f430 in lap times when the two are run on somewhat equal tires.

satx said:
NSXGMS said:

and the F430 and Gallardo were running P Zero Corsas.

QUOTE]

you couldn't find any indication of that because R&T failed to point it out except in the specs section.......P Zero Corsas are basically race tires. In other tests the GT slightly betters the f430 in lap times when the two are run on somewhat equal tires.

Doh, no I had looked at that. I simply confused the Corsa with the Rosso...:redface: my mistake.

No, that's not fair at all to run Corsas against anything else. That whole article didn't seem right. The GT and the ZO6 getting their butts handed to them by the Gallardo?

Eagle F1 Supercars are about as good as the GS-D3 on dry for 50% more money. They're a great street tire but not track tires by any means. Falken Azenis 615 RTs would eat them up let alone R-compound Corsas.

That's a horrible disadvantage! That's worthy of a letter to R & T. What a crock of a test!

Back