• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX vs Girl Friend

My wife didn't know or care what an NSX was when I met her. She just appreciated the fact that I enjoyed my car. When it came time to get a new car, she wanted me to get a 355 Ferrari, because she thought it looked so nice. When I decided to get another NSX, and took so long to decide, she picked up the phone and ordered it.

Plus she is gorgeous.

NsxJoy so this means u're getting another NSX???
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by NsxJoy:
A lot has happened over these 9 months. Any complications and misunderstandings are finally gone and we're taking things to the next level. Now that the weather is cold, I've only been driving the Cooper S for the past 5 months. To my surprise, my gf actually misses my NSX!!

I was like...

"Eh? I thought you didn't like the car, you said it's bumpy, hard to get in and out, hate the way I dodge potholes and the whole nine yards."

And she replied...

"It's okay, I got used to it and besides, we had a lot of good memories with it."

smile.gif

What the Hell!!!!!!!!!What is this we had a lot of good memories with it.I take it the NSX is gone and you are driving a Cooper because of this chick. You are way gone!Next she will be telling you how long you have to get a round of golf in.I would have sent her to the "pooper" instead of buying the Cooper.

Yea, right!! My insurance is sky high with the 2 cars I have now, I don't wanna be in debt man. However, I definitely will be one of the first to get the next gen NSX if and when it comes out.

------------------
'98-T Kaiser Silver/Black

AKUDOU,

Dude, calm down. I guess it's my bad on my part for not explaining myself clearly. I got a Cooper S plus I still have my NSX. I just didn't drive it for 5 months for the sake of cold weather. You can take a look at them at the bottom of this thread.
http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000641.html

Don't worry, I'll never ever let go of my NSX.

------------------

Originally posted by NsxJoy:
AKUDOU,

Dude, calm down. I guess it's my bad on my part for not explaining myself clearly. I got a Cooper S plus I still have my NSX. I just didn't drive it for 5 months for the sake of cold weather. You can take a look at them at the bottom of this thread.
http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000641.html

Don't worry, I'll never ever let go of my NSX.

Glad to hear this I thought you had lost your ever freakin mind.Everything you said was in the past tense is why I responded. "Sorry" I was seriously thinking about looking you up a good shrink.BTW good choice in the Cooper reports are that it is a reliable fun car to drive.

[This message has been edited by AKUDOU (edited 25 March 2003).]

London Times reported that the new MINI is the most overated car of the year. We've owned over 10 "former" Minis in the past and they were a blast. Loved my black/black NSK parked in the drive next to my wife's black/black MINI next to it. What a hoot.

Set her straight or let her go.

She either gets it or she doesn't. If she wants to treat your NSX like ****, how will she treat the house, the books (money), your friends, her friends? Family?

Finding something she cherishes and pointing out how well she takes care of it may spark some understanding or start a lovely argument. Take jewelry, for example. A fake is just as good, right? You get the idea. Hopefully she will too.

Good luck!

Sunny

Originally posted by MYNSX:
I totally feel that if my significant other (wife,fiance',girlfriend)can'not tolerate my passions.(NOTICE I SAID TOLERATE,NOT AGREE OR APPRECIATE)I find another "significant other" as for the upper hand thing "that is irrelivant to me requardless".
You mentioned something to the effect about "your" friends telling you (or suggesting)to go a certain route all I can say is ....
If you find 1 person tells you (you look like a horse,ignore it)
If 2,3,4 friends tell you (you look like a horse)
BUY A SADDLE!!

PS... I don't know you at all "but" based on what I've heard you say I would not even concider it a "MARRIAGE" when both party's dont have similar interests and NO-ONE get's the upper hand.I have better marriages working w/ people than that.(and yes,I am aware you are not married YET) and hopefully not to this one.
(I dont exactly have the upper-hand)
THAT STATEMENT MAKES ME WANT TO SET FIRE TO MYSELF AND JUMP OFF A TALL BUILDING ASAP.
Good Luck....

PS.............My (EX-FIANCE')
Was given the keys to my most sacrificial auto as well as a fistful of 100'S.And asked to "please leave" .With a smile.
smile.gif

IT WAS SURE AS HELL NOT GOING TO BE THE NSX!
Now w/ all the money save by her "NOT" being around I purchased a 355 "cash".(this was "going" to be hers).
Everything has a pricetag!!
smile.gif

No relationship is better than a bad one.
I am much happier w/out all the turmoil.

I need to always be true to myself and all the rest will always fall into place.

I saw this post I made months and months ago and was pleased to see the results of persistence of pursuit of my dreams.

PEACE!!

------------------
WWW.MYNSX.COM

[This message has been edited by MYNSX (edited 25 March 2003).]

Everything's all good now, better than ever. It does take sometime for 2 people to become really compatible, you know. For those who snap right in and bond together, I'm happy for you guys. As for my case, I'll only treasure the relationship even more. I mean, without the bad times, who'd appreciate the good times?

------------------

Way to go MYNSX! I was in the same situation. Pay the b*tch off and get her out of your life. And I too now have significantly more disposable cash without her.

There are plenty of girls out there that get off on exotic cars, and would love to be riding around in an NSX. Notice I said "riding" not "driving". Find someone that can share your enthusiasm for your car if it means that much to you. Just my opinion. I don't put up with women that don't appreciate a good thing when they have it.

------------------
1996 NSX-T (red/tan)
1994 Mustang GT 5.0
2002 Dodge Ram Quad Cab

[This message has been edited by rprnet (edited 26 March 2003).]

i had this happen before. i dated, yes shes gone...lol, a girl for a couple years, and she didnt like the bumpy ride, the 106db at wot, and all that jazz.

the easy solution was that i just drove her car when at all possible. if i went to pick her up, id just leave my car there and drive hers. if she has a problem with you driving her car, then slap her
smile.gif

if thats the only problem in the relationship, i wouldnt worry like others have posted. there is so much more to worry about in life than your gf griping about your car.

just my 2 million turkish lira

Originally posted by MrBrian:
just my 2 million turkish lira

Question: How much is 2 million turkish lira worth in U.S. dollars?

Humorous Answer: Nothing, because right now Turkey doesn't accept U.S. dollars.
biggrin.gif

True Answer: Approximately $1.18

Originally posted by rprnet:
Way to go MYNSX! I was in the same situation. Pay the b*tch off and get her out of your life. And I too now have significantly more disposable cash without her.

There are plenty of girls out there that get off on exotic cars, and would love to be riding around in an NSX. Notice I said "riding" not "driving". Find someone that can share your enthusiasm for your car if it means that much to you. Just my opinion. I don't put up with women that don't appreciate a good thing when they have it.

Thank You as I "humbly" take a polite bow.
Life is good.
smile.gif

(Besides I get laid a lot more now!! LOL
smile.gif
)

------------------
WWW.MYNSX.COM

Originally posted by MYNSX:
PS.............My (EX-FIANCE')
Was given the keys to my most sacrificial auto as well as a fistful of 100'S.And asked to "please leave" .With a smile.
smile.gif

DAMN!!!!! Will you be my date????

wink.gif

I'm glad I haven't had to make those choices because I know which one would lose. And I can guarantee you that it's not the black beauty sitting in my garage.

Anyway, I have been dating a girl that loves my car. I won't let her drive it anymore becuase she's more aggressive with it than me.

------------------
'91 Black/Black - XSNSX

Back