• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX vs RX7

Of course the NSX is a better car, but you forgot were on the internet, so were going to continue to speculate as to whether an RX-7 is better than the NSX, followed by a thread comparing the MX-5 to the NSX where i suspect the MX-5 will win

I know the NSX is better in a lot of aspects. Things like fit and finish, luxury, etc. are clearly better on the NSX. I was specifically asking about the driving characteristics of the chevy powered FD in comparison to the NSX. I was under the impression they are both very good, but wanted to know how they differed. Is the driving experience the NSX much better or is the difference in price due to the difference in fit and finish.

Of course the NSX is a better car, but you forgot were on the internet, so were going to continue to speculate as to whether an RX-7 is better than the NSX, followed by a thread comparing the MX-5 to the NSX where i suspect the MX-5 will win

LOL LOL LOL :biggrin:

I know the NSX is better in a lot of aspects. Things like fit and finish, luxury, etc. are clearly better on the NSX. I was specifically asking about the driving characteristics of the chevy powered FD in comparison to the NSX. I was under the impression they are both very good, but wanted to know how they differed. Is the driving experience the NSX much better or is the difference in price due to the difference in fit and finish.

Driving characteristics? Noisy, Rattley, Stinky and Rough......

and if you are concered with headroom, forget about it.

but it does handle nice

Having owned 6 RX7's, 3 of which were 3rd gens. 1st was 503 whp, second was 602 whp and 3rd was 501 whp. I know a few things about them.

Both cars aren't even in the same catagory so it's useless comparing the two.

Having said that, I will never own another one.

Could you elaborate on what you mean they are not in the same category and why you would never own another? Are you referring to quality/reliability issues, drivetrain layout, etc? Just hoping you could elaborate. Thanks

Also, to the poster above who said the RX7 is ugly.... I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think the Rx7 comes from a different design background than the NSX. The RX7 seems to be more akin to a ferrari 250 whereas the NSX is clearly a wedge shape. I think they both look great, but whatever floats your boat.

but it does handle nice

Wow that big of a difference from the NSX. I am only 5'9" on a good day, so headroom isn't generally an issue. They other problems, those could be issues though :)

Driving characteristics... I guess I meant things like which has sharper turn in, road feel, snap oversteer, feeling planted or secure. Just your general impression from driving the cars.

but it does handle nice

I miss the steering response on the FD more than any car I've every owned or test drove.

The S2k was close, but no cake there.

Wow that big of a difference from the NSX. I am only 5'9" on a good day, so headroom isn't generally an issue. They other problems, those could be issues though :)

Driving characteristics... I guess I meant things like which has sharper turn in, road feel, snap oversteer, feeling planted or secure. Just your general impression from driving the cars.

5'9" is no problem for u in the FD with a sunroof.

There's more headroom in the FD than NSX if u get the no -sunroof model.

And yes, I like the FD sunroof more than NSX targa top any day since it maintain the chassis stiffness.

Back