• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX vs STI vs Evo ???

Yes it does, performance wise it is comparable if not better. Everything else not so much..
So in your book, a 15 year old civic with nitrous and a fart can exhaust that can beat the pants off most "exotics" for a few seconds is something that you'd aspire to. The most important thing for the OP is what does he want, if it's 4 doors and practical, get the STI or EVO, they're not nor will they ever be either exotic or super cars. If he wants the NSX, buy it and enjoy it, if he's happy with it he'll keep it, if not sell it and move on.

So in your book, a 15 year old civic with nitrous and a fart can exhaust that can beat the pants off most "exotics" for a few seconds is something that you'd aspire to. The most important thing for the OP is what does he want, if it's 4 doors and practical, get the STI or EVO, they're not nor will they ever be either exotic or super cars. If he wants the NSX, buy it and enjoy it, if he's happy with it he'll keep it, if not sell it and move on.

First of all, I was comparing it in a roadrace. The evo did not just beat the lambo "for a few seconds".. If i recall correctly, the driver of the lambo ended up spinning out.. He was pressured bc the Evo was about to overtake him so he decided to enter a corner with too much speed. I am not talking about a civic with a k24 and 150 shot.. Anybody can build (buy the parts n tuner) a drag car that will beat the pants off of a lambo, but it takes something a little more to beat that lambo in a roadrace. The evo did that and more..

Any how how do you figure that a civic with a fart can exhaust and spray can beat a Lambo down a track?

So you're telling me say a pure bred horse that is normally the fastest around the track gets beat by a regular horse and you're saying the pure bred is still in another league of its own in terms of performance?

What you're saying is ridiculous.. Sure I'd take a Lambo anyday over any Evo, but when it comes to the track I would most definitely take that FQ400. Not saying that I'd be skilled enough to take out a pro or a pretty good driver though..

Last edited:
Yes it does, performance wise it is comparable if not better. Everything else not so much..

Well see there you have it - to me performance is just a part of the whole driving experience. No doubt the EVO's and WRX's are performance marvels.... they, the NSX, any Lamborghini are all capable of

A) giving you thrills from sheer performance at the track
B) running over pedestrians at 100mph during a street race
C) turning the heads of dudes
D) getting you arrested

BUT in addition, the Lamborgini and NSX can

A) give you goosebumps from the beautiful engine sounds behind your head
B) give you thrills driving on a winding and deserted road at legal speeds
C) turn the heads of women
D) get you front row valet parking
E) make hair grow on your chest rather than peach fuzz

But seriously who am I to argue, to each their own. And I guess that's what this thread is all about - modded EVO's can crush a stock NSX. So what? Driving the EVO would be fun as hell.... but I'd rather own the NSX (or the Lamborghini!).

Cheers

Well see there you have it - to me performance is just a part of the whole driving experience. No doubt the EVO's and WRX's are performance marvels.... they, the NSX, any Lamborghini are all capable of

A) giving you thrills from sheer performance at the track
B) running over pedestrians at 100mph during a street race
C) turning the heads of dudes
D) getting you arrested

BUT in addition, the Lamborgini and NSX can

A) give you goosebumps from the beautiful engine sounds behind your head
B) give you thrills driving on a winding and deserted road at legal speeds
C) turn the heads of women
D) get you front row valet parking
E) make hair grow on your chest rather than peach fuzz

But seriously who am I to argue, to each their own. And I guess that's what this thread is all about - modded EVO's can crush a stock NSX. So what? Driving the EVO would be fun as hell.... but I'd rather own the NSX (or the Lamborghini!).

Cheers

The FQ400 is stock.. That is what me and the guy has been talking about is performance. We were not talking about the driving experience. Who cares about turning heads of women in your car, if thats what gets them to turn their heads then maybe you're going for the wrong women. Anywasy i thought NSX would turn the heads of mroe dudes than girls?? I recall everyone saying buy the NSX for you, not for everyone else bc it attracts more guys than girls..

Heres another point for that other guy. If the NSX can beat a F-car around the track, it's not in the same league performance wise just because its a Honda and its a Ferrari? Well the Mitsubishi FQ400 Evolution MR can beat a Lamborghini Murciealago stock for stock. If you say the Mitsubishi is not in the same league performance wise as the Lamborghini then you cannot say the Honda/Acura NSX is in the same league as the Ferrari..

Anyways for future references, so ppl cannot say it was the drivers fault, the lambo was in fact driven by a pro rally car racer..

Last edited:
The FQ400 is stock.. That is what me and the guy has been talking about is performance. We were not talking about the driving experience. Who cares about turning heads of women in your car, if thats what gets them to turn their heads then maybe you're going for the wrong women. Anywasy i thought NSX would turn the heads of mroe dudes than girls?? I recall everyone saying buy the NSX for you, not for everyone else bc it attracts more guys than girls..

Heres another point for that other guy. If the NSX can beat a F-car around the track, it's not in the same league performance wise just because its a Honda and its a Ferrari? Well the Mitsubishi FQ400 Evolution MR can beat a Lamborghini Murciealago stock for stock. If you say the Mitsubishi is not in the same league performance wise as the Lamborghini then you cannot say the Honda/Acura NSX is in the same league as the Ferrari..

Anyways for future references, so ppl cannot say it was the drivers fault, the lambo was in fact driven by a pro rally car racer..

Sigh, ok you're right, I'm wrong.

The stock FQ400 is far better than a Lamborghini Murcielago or NSX.

Yes, many of us have seen that Top Gear episode too, the unbiased television bible of reliable and fair automotive comparison :wink:

Sigh, ok you're right, I'm wrong.

The stock FQ400 is far better than a Lamborghini Murcielago or NSX.

Yes, many of us have seen that Top Gear episode too, the unbiased television bible of reliable and fair automotive comparison :wink:

I know they're quite biased. I didn't say the Evo was god. They even bashed on the fq400 as not being the best. With the tunes ups every like 5000 miles, horrible turbo lag, hefty price tags (FQ400 is 80g USD I believe which puts it almost around the same price as a NSX unless you count markups), and other things they said the fq320 was the best bang for buck instead of the fq400.

I am just saying the Evo beat the lambo murcie in a road race which means it is in fact better than the all godly hand built R&D'd out the butt NSX IN TERMS OF PERFORMANCE. I'm not saying the NSX isn't a great car, it is, but you guys need to give credit where its deserved and not bash on the Evo as beign a ricer box for the young adults.. It is a great track car that is reliable enough to be driven daily just like the NSX is..

Last edited:
This is one of the most worthless threads I've read on Prime...

All of you can go to your rooms now.

I owned all these cars in succession. All good cars. The sti and evo are good if you just want all out speed, with minimal style. The nsx is still fast enough, but is much more stylish, and also has a much flatter depreciation curve, which was a big factor for me since my car is basically my only asset (im still in college). Between the sti and evo, I prefer the sti purely because of the torque bias of the center differential. The evo is 50/50 no matter what the setting (the acd simply adjusts the reaction speed of the center differential after steering input). I like the handling of rwd cars better, so I prefer the torque bias of the sti because it is more similar to a rwd feeling. Keep in mind both my sti and evo had extensive handling and powertrain mods. They were both around 400whp with nice coilovers and such (cusco zero-2rs on the sti and tein super racing on the evo). Also I hated the gearing on the evo as I seemed to always be cruising around 4500rpm. Not sure what else you would like to know.

I know they're quite biased. I didn't say the Evo was god. They even bashed on the fq400 as not being the best. With the tunes ups every like 5000 miles, horrible turbo lag, hefty price tags (FQ400 is 80g USD I believe which puts it almost around the same price as a NSX unless you count markups), and other things they said the fq320 was the best bang for buck instead of the fq400.

I am just saying the Evo beat the lambo murcie in a road race which means it is in fact better than the all godly hand built R&D'd out the butt NSX IN TERMS OF PERFORMANCE. I'm not saying the NSX isn't a great car, it is, but you guys need to give credit where its deserved and not bash on the Evo as beign a ricer box for the young adults.. It is a great track car that is reliable enough to be driven daily just like the NSX is..
Just in case you didn't realize, this is a NSX Forum, your posts are probably better posted in either the EVO or STI forums, you'd be welcomed with open arms and everyone in agreement, instead of being treated like a TROLL!

I'm glad you find it funny, usually ignorant people do.

Now stating the facts, Evo and Sti are considered supercars along with many others.

For example, Does anyone know Mazda's supercar? Rx-7

Does anyone know Honda's supercar? NSX

Does anyone know Toyota's supercar? Supra

Does anyone know Nissan's supercar? Skyline

Does anyone know Mitsubishi's supercar? Evolution

Does anyone know Subaru's supercar? Impreza Sti

Does anyone know Mercedes' supercar? SLR Mclaren

This list can go on for any car make, it's just a matter if they will be classified as Supercar or Exotic Supercar

Just because their not exotic looking doesn't give you the right to be ignorant of the fact that these cars are Supercars in their own right.

And to the poster that says that if you put a bottle of NOS makes it a supercar, you obviously didn't understand this is from a stock factory production perspective.

Last edited:
Wow this thread has gone down fast lol......:tongue:

Ok time to go take my slow NSX out for a drive :biggrin:

by the way

exotic supercar= FXX, mclaren f1, enzo, f40, f50, pagani zonda, lambo reventon, buggatti veyron, etc

exotic cars= NSX, Ferraris from 599 and 430 and down, lambo diablo, lambo murci, audi r8, etc

This reminds me of the old thread were people were asking what defines an exotic car. Personally, only nerds talk about horsepower-torque this and 0-60 that. I don't even think about horsepower when I drive my NSX, because it simply doesn't matter. Sometimes I'll stare at my NSX sitting in my garage. Sometimes I'll wash and wax the car because I'm bored. You don't buy a exotic sports car because your trying to out perform a modded Evo, you buy it because you can. A fun car can't be quantified on a graph and defined by statistics alone.

At least it isn't part of the cars that spend time in the garage instead of on the street/track. The reason why these cars are spent on the street is because they are reliable enough to be on the street..

Well that is part of the reason why a Lambo or Ferrari is wayy more expensive. You are paying ALOT for the R&D into these cars. I don't have a prob paying something that is ten times less that has a vent and a big wing that is functional. It gets the job done the same as a Ferrari/Lambo, its just a little more showy then they are. Plus the Euro Evo (I forgot what its called) beat that Lambo that has all this R&D so it doesn't need a huge wing/vent..

But it still looks like poo for almost Supercar prices. I'm really not trying to say that all Evos or STis are ricey, but I think you are getting too defensive. You seem to understand the concept of something that performs well doesnt always look good and such. What I really want to get across the board is that in today's world, the bar has been raised. People demand a car that looks good and performs well, not a compromise. The Sti and Evo fails because they are truly unbalanced in this criterion. Like i said, making fast cars for affordable prices have been done, but can we make a fast car that is refined and affordable enough? The new EVO is a better step in the right direction, but I really only think the new C6s would fit in this category today...

Last edited:
First of all I'm not getting defensive. I never said the Evo was close to being the same league as a lambo except in the performance dept. The reason why that was brought up was bc a lot of ppl were bashin on the evo saying it was a POS. How can some ppl on this thread just come in without reading everything and start posting? Ppl assume that I'm coming in here just to start up mess. I'm just saying you can't come into any forum on this planet and start bashing a car when it out performs a lot better than a lot of exotic super cars.

That is pretty dumb to be talking mess about this car when it ourperforms a crap load of cars including yours. No matter what forum you're on, you need to recognize a great car

You guys are being too harsh on these people. I've been reading here for a while since 2001 and these comparative questions only come up about once or twice every month or two on average. I don't find how that is annoying.... also don't read the topic if you "know" you are going to get annoyed. Its like saying your annoyed because you notice a guy down the block trying to preach about something and then running over to him, to listen, to then to tell him he is annoying. That is what I do, if I find the thread topic annoying I just stop reading.

The reason these threads turns out bad is because NSX owners just instigate the situation worse by insulting other cars and their owners. Obviously these people are going to defend their view because instead of giving them a nice reply you are insulting them straight off from the start. I understand this is an NSX forum but there is no need to start acting all high and mighty. The NSX is not the best thing in the world and as some of you have stated the performance level of other cars has already reached or surpassed it in certain areas or all. No need to deny it. We all love the NSX but it's an old car, new cars get better and that is how things roll. Hopefully I can buy a NSX next year but for now I'm just dreaming to get a well rounded exotic sports car soon. How do I feel about other cars being faster.... doesn't matter. I like the NSX for what it is but I don't feel the need to hate on others to make myself feel better.

In my honest opinion I feel its a bit immature of you guys to bash the guy. I bet 100% of the people who are bashing him are doing so because he drives a mustang (A nice looking one by the way, yes a gentlemanly compliment. Is that hard to do?) or that he is comparing car "Y" to the NSX. If so shame on you guys and grow up.

Last edited:
not-this-again.jpg

This is one of the most worthless threads I've read on Prime...

All of you can go to your rooms now.

I never understand why NSX owners are so afraid of newbies. Do all of you have small penises? Rather than pick on every new guy that posts a thread, why don't you just stay out of the "NEW AND PROSPECTIVE" section?

:confused:

Having a nice car doesn't make you special. These type of threads make you look like a bunch of cry baby key board warriors. Grow a set and stop discouraging every new person who signs up.

:cool:

I never understand why NSX owners are so afraid of newbies. Do all of you have small penises? Rather than pick on every new guy that posts a thread, why don't you just stay out of the "NEW AND PROSPECTIVE" section?

:confused:

Having a nice car doesn't make you special. These type of threads make you look like a bunch of cry baby key board warriors. Grow a set and stop discouraging every new person who signs up.

:cool:

Thats not it at all, I assure you :wink:

What I can't stand is when someone joins Prime, thinks they can find the mythical $5k NSX and then posts a bunch of crap about whats faster (stock to stock, on street tires, around this track and that) between the NSX and some other cars that they wished they owned.

If you went and did this on a Fcar, Pcar, of Lcar (is that the term?) site you would get MUCH worse, I assure you. :cool:

You guys are being too harsh on these people. I've been reading here for a while since 2001 and these comparative questions only come up about once or twice every month or two on average. I don't find how that is annoying.... also don't read the topic if you "know" you are going to get annoyed. Its like saying your annoyed because you notice a guy down the block trying to preach about something and then running over to him, to listen, to then to tell him he is annoying. That is what I do, if I find the thread topic annoying I just stop reading.

The reason these threads turns out bad is because NSX owners just instigate the situation worse by insulting other cars and their owners. Obviously these people are going to defend their view because instead of giving them a nice reply you are insulting them straight off from the start. I understand this is an NSX forum but there is no need to start acting all high and mighty. The NSX is not the best thing in the world and as some of you have stated the performance level of other cars has already reached or surpassed it in certain areas or all. No need to deny it. We all love the NSX but it's an old car, new cars get better and that is how things roll. Hopefully I can buy a NSX next year but for now I'm just dreaming to get a well rounded exotic sports car soon. How do I feel about other cars being faster.... doesn't matter. I like the NSX for what it is but I don't feel the need to hate on others to make myself feel better.

In my honest opinion I feel its a bit immature of you guys to bash the guy. I bet 100% of the people who are bashing him are doing so because he drives a mustang (A nice looking one by the way, yes a gentlemanly compliment. Is that hard to do?) or that he is comparing car "Y" to the NSX. If so shame on you guys and grow up.

Very well put, I couldnt have said it better myself and im glad theirs an experienced user that can provide some peace in this thread haha. I know exactly what you mean and you summed it up very well. I appreciate most of the responses and the ones that were immature ill most likely forget anyways. Hopefully if the mustang sells soon, ill be picking up a red 91 NA1...soo well see what happens:biggrin:

I hope you do get one.

Remember:
NA1 refers to the engine, not the lights.
Don't call it an "X"
Please don't post threads/vids about street racing (or I won't be your friend anymore). :wink:

Good luck finding your car!

Back