• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX vs. The World

I thought I might be fun to share some stories of "wanna be" challengers to the NSX out there. If you have any good stories to share, I would love to hear them. If there are any state police monitoring this site, I am sorry. Here is my latest experience:

I had to drive to Richmond, VA the other day on business and knowing it was going to be 78 degrees and beautiful, I opted for my Yellow/Black Y2K NSX. I started out about 6AM. I got up to I-81N where I-64 W comes in from West Virginia and ran into a brand new Mercedes S600! That 6.0L V-12 didn't stand a chance. He got a little dose of "Yellow Fever"! I was moving along in 6th gear, minding my own damn business when he comes out of the left merge lane at 80+. Well, I drop to 4th and punch it. it is 6:30AM or so, and the road is clear for that 2+ Mile stretch... good thing too since we covered it in about 45 seconds.
smile.gif
I pulled away nicely and kept my lead and then all of a sudden the S600 started dropping back quickly. I looked down and I was going 145mph. I slowed down to a crawl (-100mph) and pulled off a couple of exits down. He pulled off too. When we pulled up at the gas station, the guy got out of the M-B and was PISSED! The just dropped $130K on this black moose of a car and was shocked when the rev limiter cut in about 135mph. I figured that was the problem since my BMW 7 series does the same thing. It sucks to be him. Anyway, he was not a happy camper. Now that I was slowed down to a stop... at least he got a good look at the car. He commented that all he got to see of it before was the back end. I told him that is about all most people get to see of an NSX.
smile.gif

Was on I 80 in Sacramento going home in my 91 Black/Ivory and saw a 427 Shelby Cobra. I worked my way up to him knowing full well that I did not have a chance but still wanting to have a go at it. Once up to him we were goin about 70-75 and he glanced over and we both revved. I droped mine into third and him, into whatever it was that that car had. Needless to say with his power to weight ratio he smoked me. I swear he hazed his tires going 70. At any rate I had never seen one of those go full out and it was a joy to see. There is no shame in getting beat by a machine that has that much power and weighs 1000 lbs less than we do :) At least in my book. As we waved to eachother (after I caught up) he took an offramp and sped away. Maybe if I had and CT SC I may have had a fighting chance. Man this is fun!!!

G-man, I don't like to race in a straight line, especially on the interstate. But I don't mind teaching a lesson or two in the mountains. I have had two occasions to do just that with a couple M3's. Once I pulled over and waited for the slower BMW to catch up to me and saw a pale green Asian kid in the passenger seat with pursed lips and dried spittle around his mouth. I commented that I thought those M3's were supposed to be pretty fast, and the driver pointed to his pale friend and said, "It's his. He just let me drive." Probably for the last time, is my guess.

raced with my friend's 996 last Saturday
we were about same fast before holy vtec kicks in.
however, when the rpm reached 6000rpm
bye bye Porche!

Back