• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

nsx wheels

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im in the market for some stock NSX wheels, but i don't know much about them. what sizes and what styles do they come in in the states? i was lookin' through my HYPER REV mag and it shows four different styles two 5spokes (one thick and one thin) the classic 7spokes and a mesh style. were these all offered in the states? what are the sizes, i was hoping that i could get either some 16"s or 17"s. any info would be greatly appreciated.

thanx, Chris

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The NSX's came with:

'91-'93 came with 15/16 5-spoke design
'94-'01 came with 16/17 7-spoke design

------------------
Richard
NSXTASY

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/TireWheel/tiretech.htm
Check this link out. FAQ nazi and FORUM nazi must be asleep!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Edo

Experienced Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked at the HyperRev magazine and it DOES show 2 more types of wheels than the US market gets. It shows the Type-S and S-Zero Wheels which I believe are the BBS LM wheels. These are the same size as the '95+ 16/17" Combo. The other one's shown are on the NSX-R, again a model not sold in the US. The wheels that the NSX-R came with I believe are the Enkei RP-01 model. They were in the 15/16" size, this I cannot confirm as I remember watching the BM NSX debut video and they mentioned running the "new" NSX-R with the 16/17" wheels.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ahh... so you can do a 16-17 combo, i had never heard of that done before so i wasn't sure (although i couldn't see why not)

thanx for all your help, i think i might continue on my previous path and get the touring cups. i got my oems from a tire shop for $25ea and i was hoping that i could possibly get some used NSX wheels for a compable price. i guess i was just dreaming
smile.gif

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hejo

your in LO? do you ever go to the Lake Twin Cinemas, you've probably seen me. i used to manage that place until i came up here for school.

i don't have an NSX, i drive an AquamarinePearl (blue green) '91 MR2 that was always parked at the theatre. (MR2s have the same lug pattern as NSXs)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Originally posted by mysta2:
hejo

your in LO? do you ever go to the Lake Twin Cinemas, you've prolly seen me. i used to manage that place until i came up here for school.

i don't have an NSX, i drive an AquamarinePearl (blue green) '91 MR2 that was always parked at the theatre. (MR2s have the same lug pattern as NSXs)

Sure do. My wife and I would go every now and then. There's 2 black NSXes in town and I know of 2 reds and a yellow but never see them out on the road. Hopefully after school you'll join the club and get an NSX.

------------------
Hal Jones
Lake Oswego, Oregon
95T Blk\Blk SportShift

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/TireWheel/tiretech.htm
Check this link out.

Actually, there's better information about the wheels in http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/TireWheel/wheeltech.htm But, oddly enough, they're not pictured on that page.

I looked at the HyperRev magazine and it DOES show 2 more types of wheels than the US market gets. It shows the Type-S and S-Zero Wheels which I believe are the BBS LM wheels.

Are those the ones that were sold in the US market on the NSX Zanardi edition, or something else?

Edo

Experienced Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FAQ Nazi, yes the Zanardi wheels are the same BBS LM's that were sold in Japan on the Type-S and S-Zero.
Although the US version of the BBS LM's look like they are charcoal grey, whereas the Japanese versions are silver.