• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Wiki Champion

As part of an ongoing desire to have the NSX community embrace and contribute to the NSX Wiki, I have added the role of "NSX Wiki Champion" to the site. Like forum Moderators, the Wiki Champion is a volunteer role (already filled).

The goal is to have a single point of contact who can do several things: act as an "evangalist" for the NSX Wiki; provide technical assistance to members with valuable information to contribute but who may not be comfortable working with the wiki software; and continue to improve the design and add content to make the NSX Wiki an ever-improving resource for NSX owners.

The NSX Wiki is an ever-expanding, collaborative, shared knowledge base of all things NSX. As with anything new, please take a bit of time to familiarize yourself with what it offers and how it works. We will continue to add content and improve the organization and layout to make it easier for you to use.

When you see posts from the NSX Wiki Champion please contribute your suggestions or expertise as you are able. As it stands now, the NSX Wiki is a very good resource. Let's make it even better!

Just as it's not important who the Forum Moderators are but rather that there's someone filling that important role to keep things working smoothly, it's also not important who the NSX Wiki Champion is. It's just important that there is one to encourage growth of this important resource to our community.

I'm happy to announce that our first step in terms of simplifying the creation of new NSX Wiki pages has been to hide some of the Wiki structural complexity and substituting it with a simple PM request to me to create the page. All I need is the title you'd like and the Wiki section you'd like to put it in. By return PM, I'll send you the link to the new page for you to start creating. This new revised process is documented here: http://nsxprime.com/wiki/How_to_Modify_or_Create_Wiki_Pages which has been on the main Wiki page for some time.

In terms of increasing awareness, one of the things I'd like to do is to regularly start posting a "New Wiki Page(s) of the Week/Month" thread to introduce new content. Maybe even an "NSX Wiki Contributor of the Month"

In terms of improving the NSX Wiki content, feel free to post your ideas here or go to http://nsxprime.com/wiki/Development for a list of known areas that could use improvement. This is your resource .. help us improve it.

Last edited:
What a great idea! Congrats on being the one to provide us all with useful tips and advice regarding the WIKI.

I'd like to insert the Canadian Production Numbers chart that I've done up that matches the U.S. Production numbers but have had difficulty posting it to the WIKI. Can you help via PM?

Cheers,
Cam

wonderful news..your hardwork and volunterism may very well clear the highest hurdle for many of the regular users.

Just as it's not important who the Forum Moderators are but rather that there's someone filling that important role to keep things working smoothly, it's also not important who the NSX Wiki Champion is.
hey, waitaminnit, haven't we been down a similar path before ;)

very cool step for nsx owners everywhere!

Lud, instead of the "sticky" idea, would it be helpful to place links to certain wikis embeded into the subforums? Similar to stickies but a link to the appropriate wiki instead. I think it's a great way to piggyback on the traffic of the subforums while also encouraging the use of a wiki. I think the wikis need to reach a critical mass of usage to be useful...not sure if it's reached that yet.

For example... Why not have the Comptech SC wiki page a sticky on the Forced Induction section?

My 0.02 pesos

Last edited:
hey, waitaminnit, haven't we been down a similar path before ;)

very cool step for nsx owners everywhere!
Funny stuff. Unfortunately, our modus operandi is probably going to be similar. The Forums Nazi would always pop up and remind people to use the Search function .. and I'm probably going to be popping up and reminding people to forget the search .. the information is already in the Wiki! But the NSX Wiki Champion has no soup so I could never be the Wiki Nazi.

Lud, instead of the "sticky" idea, would it be helpful to place links to certain wikis embeded into the subforums? Similar to stickies but a link to the appropriate wiki instead. I think it's a great way to piggyback on the traffic of the subforums while also encouraging the use of a wiki.
Excellent idea. I don't know much about stickies but I'm sure they allow including a link .. and that's all a Wiki page is.
For example... Why not have the Comptech SC wiki page a sticky on the Forced Induction section?
The Forced Induction section of the Wiki is a little out of date and could use refreshing. For example, the "Forced Induction" Wiki page is here: http://nsxprime.com/wiki/Forced_Induction but doesn't include some of the great recent offerings by Angus and Lovefab (to name a few). And there appears to be some overlap between the supercharger section of the Forced Induction page and the Comptech section here: (http://nsxprime.com/wiki/Comptech_Supercharger) which may be a writeup of the original kit, not the current offering. We really need some expert guidance on refreshing this material. And, Lud has been encouraging/requiring vendors to have their own Wiki page so it would probably make sense to have pointers to Angus' page and Lovefab's page from the associated Turbo section (as an example) or to Driving Ambition and Science of Speed from the Supercharger section.

Would be very interested in what the experts think. This is one of those places where the experts can add value to the Wiki throught their guidance without ever editing a Wiki page themselves.

Funny stuff. Unfortunately, our modus operandi is probably going to be similar. The Forums Nazi would always pop up and remind people to use the Search function .. and I'm probably going to be popping up and reminding people to forget the search .. the information is already in the Wiki! But the NSX Wiki Champion has no soup so I could never be the Wiki Nazi.
I have some soup for you!

Back