• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCapades 2013

Here is a potential shirt design. Black Shirt.
nsxcapades.jpg

And a potential White.

nsxcapades-white.jpg

More to come. And yes, the font is a little off.

Last edited:
Oh, I thought you designed that one....!

I'm ok moving it back if Wei Shen is ok with it. Sounds like we might get more cars.

Let's really consider, the TOY RALLY is always a huge event in December and I'd hate to pass NSXCAPADES this year! (I am sure many might agree)

Latest Version. (It will not be that shirt-- polo and higher quality microfiber). The front will have a simple NSX with the outline similar to post #33.

shirt3.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Howdy, excited for this year, but not to be a bummer, but the TOY RALLY - http://www.toyrally.com/ - https://www.facebook.com/events/1383425851898039/ -- is the December 7th, and by tradition we always have @ least 8-10 NSX's participating .....

Can we transfer to a week before or after?

Otherwise this really conflicts with such big event!

Oscar

My wife made a good point. The next weekend will be a lot of Christmas parties. I think we will have even less turnout. I'm gone the previous weekend. I think 7/8 is the best bet. U guys can drive up after the toy run.

Last edited:
How about the weekend prior? If not is fine, we will try to make it!

OK guys, I just had a conversation with Wei-Shen and floated the idea of having NSXCapades in South Florida this year and hooking up with Toys for Tots http://www.toyrally.com/ with Hugh and the South Florida group (we had 8 cars there last year with over 1,000,000 miles on them - way more than the entire Ferrari paddock) I've found a couple of hotels at reasonable prices and we could gather Friday evening for dinner and the Towers car gathering.

So, the itinerary would look something like this:

Friday night - hook up at the hotel/towers and lie about our experiences, show our cars a bit and grab some dinner.
Saturday morning - drive en masse to the Toys for Tots gathering (Tons and tons of really exotic cars) take their ride where they shut down I-95 and ultimately buy us lunch
Saturday afternoon - beach it if you'd like, gun range, maybe golf for those who need to hit the links
Saturday evening - dinner
Sunday - Hugh says there aren't many good roads for a spirited ride (but you'll have some triple digit driving for short periods on Saturday) so we could just head out for a great breakfast and then head home.

Who's in?

(I know, I know -you Jacksonville owners can't drive your baby's further than Orlando without getting a love bug on them and God knows you can't do that! But get off the garage queen thingy and join us in South Florida - I promise we can make it back to Orlando next year.)

Ole

1. Flabuf
2. NSXRay

If you hate the idea, or just won't go because it's in Ft. Lauderdale:

Last edited:
If thats the move.i cant make it. Im not gonna drive another 6 hours to miami area for a day and half..i really like that place too

I won't drive all the way to south FL either. And no offense, but it seems kinda cheesy to suggest something that will derail this event. Orlando is central to all of FL and has some great driving roads. I say leave it there!

I can't participate on that weekend, so I'm out. Previous social arrangements for kids were made and going to NSXPO used all of my remaining PTO from the family.

IMHO Nsxcapades must happen, 1 or 2 weeks before toys for tots, just because TFT always brings many NSX's, which is alone a miracle, but by tradition, NSXCAPADES has never happened in the same date, so why on the same date :( ... TFT drivers arrive @ 7am and leave by 4-5pm, is a very long day to drive to Orlando, let's make NSXCAPADES happen guys!

Oscar

NetViper started this thread on October 2. Now nearly a month later someone pulls Wei-Shen aside and makes a new plan after several people had made plans for Orlando. Guess I don't understand it :confused: and feel this is really a huge "diss" to Dave. Still hoping everything can still work out and keep the majority happy.

Keep the original plans for NSXzcapades in Orlando on Dec 7&8. I plan on driving up to Orlando after the Toy Run concludes in the early afternoon in time for dinner. I don't play golf and I go to my local range almost daily so missing Saturday afternoon's NSXCapades events are of no concern to me. Oscar and anyone else doing the Toy Rally, why don't you convoy up with me around 2 or 3 in the afternoon?

OK all, We have sorted it out and it will be in Orlando. It was too late to move to do the Toys for Tots, but that did sound pretty awesome, so it might be something we consider next year. Also, I wanted to apologize to Ole for my previous comments. This is a NSXCA event, not a Dave event, so I was out of line. All is good now and we are looking forward to everyone having a good time. I am hoping everyone can join us.

We are now getting all of the plans together.

From what I understand, the drive part of toys for tots is over around 1-2. So our friends from there can drive up and join us.

Last edited:
Back