• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCapades 2013

Dave, you da MAN...

Now it's my turn. I should have gotten in touch with you before I posted the idea to do NSXCapades in Ft. Lauderdale. (A posting I readily admit was not my best work - confusing and poorly worded for what I'd hoped to accomplish.) Mea Culpa. (were I Catholic, I'd have to flog myself - I'm blessed to be agnostic!)

I'm thrilled we got it all worked out and we'll have a heck of a time in Orlando again this year.

OK all, We have sorted it out and it will be in Orlando. It was too late to move to do the Toys for Tots, but that did sound pretty awesome, so it might be something we consider next year. Also, I wanted to apologize to Ole for my previous comments. This is a NSXCA event, not a Dave event, so I was out of line. All is good now and we are looking forward to everyone having a good time. I am hoping everyone can join us.

We are now getting all of the plans together.

From what I understand, the drive part of toys for tots is over around 1-2. So our friends from there can drive up and join us.

Alright everyone. Here is the final plan and itinerary for NSXcapades 2013! I am responsible for the plan and the scheduling of said plan. Based on feedback this is the schedule that will fit the most people, but like every event, it will be impossible to accommodate every desire or wish.

The biggest change from previous years is the start time of the event. In 2012 and 2011 we started Friday night with check-in and golf early Saturday morning. That resulted in a later lunch (more crowds, lousy parking) and a two night hotel stay which adds $120 to the tab. Those who lived more than a few hours away would have to arrive on Friday night in order to play.

This year the event starts at lunch on Saturday.

Hotel will be Hampton Inn Lake Mary (Colonial Town Square)....rates are $100 for Saturday night Dec.7

NSXcapades 2013:

Saturday Dec.7

11am....meet for lunch at Dexters Lake Mary, Colonial Town Square (lots of parking behind restaurant, and we can all park together)
11-1230....lunch (cost about $20)

1pm.....golf at nearby Timacuan golf course (golfers will leave at 12 noon to have time to check in and warm up)...green fees $45

2pm.....drive to Gander Mountain gun range, Lake Mary (see www.gandermountain.com). beautiful facility and setup (we can reserve slots)....Nabil organizing this group

530pm......done with golf and gun range, check into hotel (rest, relax, shower etc.)

7pm....dinner at Sam Snead's tavern Maitland (plated dinner, need exact head count)....cost approx. $45

9pm-11pm.....go karting at lil 500 track (just two miles away)....cost approx. $24 for tons of fun ($4 per ride)

Sunday Dec.8

7am.....departure from Hampton Inn headed for Starbucks in Clermont FL

8-830am....Starbucks Clermont breakfast and drivers meeting

9-11am......country drive thru hills of Lake County

11-1230....lunch at JB Boondocks (same place as 2011)....on Lake Harris....great views and good parking...cost approx. $20

after lunch, those who have long drives can depart from there (Turnpike only 4 miles away)
those who want more punishment can play golf next door at Mission Inn starting at 1pm (cost about $50)

YOU MUST REGISTER FROM THIS EVENT SO WE CAN GET AS CLOSE TO AN EXACT HEADCOUNT AS POSSIBLE.

To register please email Ole Sorensen at [email protected] the following info:

Your name:
Your guests name:
Your address:
your email:
what parts you are attending (golf Sat, gun range Sat, go karting Sat,golf Sun):
Paypal $45 per person to Ole at [email protected] for dinner Saturday (no $, no reservation...and you can't just show up!!):

DEADLINE IS THURSDAY DEC.5, 2013 at 5pm EST!!

For any other questions, please email Ole ([email protected]) and Wei-Shen ([email protected]) who will be the point people for this event.

We look forward to seeing all of you in Central Florida!

Wei-Shen Chin
President (still)....NSXCA FL chapter
94 turbo NSX retired from tracking....now a street car....
92 supercharged NSX....still a track car, until it breaks again.....

Last edited:
Sounds AMAZING. Can't wait. I am still doing the shirts. I will post about them soon.

AAA rate is $89.

Ok guys, here's the 'Official roster' as in responded in full and 'PAID'

1. Flabuf - Ole '96 Sebring Silver SOS twin turbo

I don't see why not. The only thing we have to pay for in advance is the dinner sat.

2. Heretic - Dave '98 Red

Attendance doubled overnight!!!

2. NSXFiles - Dave '94 Red
3. HeySkippy - '95 Brookland's green, Comptech Supercharged

Last edited:
I'm registered and paid.
David Anderson
Red '94

2. Heretic - Dave '98 Red

'Official' List

Steve, I think you're going to have to change your name to Dave. I mean, I've got it as Dave on the 'Official' list don't I? And you need to thank Dave for paying for you.

Either that or Dave, you'll have to join the NSXCA which is where I looked for Anderson's information.

Now, if you Anderson twins would just quit confusing me, I'd get it right - you've both emailed me and one of the two has paid (yes, I do know which one - and know the other would ASAP if I'd just tell him how.) Either way, the 'Official' list is now corrected and up to date.

Thanks everyone for making my job easier.

- - - Updated - - -

2. NSXFiles - DAVE Anderson'94 Red
4. Heretic - STEVE Anderson '98 Red

Last edited:
Hey Ole & Wei-Shen; Thanks for organizing this. I don't have my NSX in Florida, so I won't be bringing it. I would like to join the golfers on Sat. afternoon, and then my wife and I at Boondock's for lunch Sun. if that's OK. Howard

5. ChicNSX - Christine '05 Long Beach Blue Pearl - unmolested
6. OldDuffer - Howard '92 Red (but not this weekend)

YOU MUST REGISTER FROM THIS EVENT SO WE CAN GET AS CLOSE TO AN EXACT HEADCOUNT AS POSSIBLE.

Your name:
Your guests name:
Your address:
your email:
NSXPrime username:
Year/color NSX:
what parts you are attending (golf Sat, gun range Sat, go karting Sat,golf Sun):
Paypal $45 to Ole (He'll give you instructions for doing this when he gets your information.) for Saturday (no $, no reservation...and you can't just show up!!):

For any other questions, please email Ole ([email protected]) and Wei-Shen ([email protected]) who will be the point people for this event.

Last edited:
Hotel reservation just made. Charlotte and I will fly up to Lake Mary from the Toy Rally. Should be at the hotel around 5:00pm just in time to take a shower with Fluffy.

Attn Ole: Check yer email and or PM me the email address the $45.00 to please. Thank you!

Fluffy.jpg

5. ChicNSX - Christine '05 Long Beach Blue Pearl - unmolested
6. OldDuffer - Howard '92 Red (but not this weekend)
7. NSXRay - WeiShen '92 Red - heavily altered, unaltered, and altered again
8. Hugh - Hugh '93 Red - SOS 3.5 Twin turbo +++

Your name:
Your guests name:
Your address:
your email:
NSXPrime username:
Year/color NSX:
Paypal $45 to Ole (He'll give you instructions for doing this when he gets your information.) for Saturday (no $, no reservation...and you can't just show up!!):

Last edited:
Back