• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCC - Fall Cruise, Cambridge to Ancaster, Sat Oct 15 2011

I have an extra seat, however won't be going back to the starting point after the lunch so if you meet in the morning and can arrange a ride back I'd be glad to take you...............please let me know asap so I can make sure I don't invite anyone.....Shawna

Weather report is looking really bad. How will this effect turn out? I may bring my R instead.

You know, your NSX was built with a specially designed metal so that you could wash your car and it not dissolve. Aluminium will handle the water if it rains.

PS. You'll wish you had it there when you see everyone else enjoying the drive in theirs!:biggrin:

PPS. NSXCC members are pretty hardy and good friends. I bet everyone shows. Unless they suck.

I will be there rain or shine. Forecast is calling for some wind and spotty showers. Nothing we can't handle. NSX or not, come meet some people and enjoy the fall color!! Can't wait.

If you guys were so concerned about driving in rain then buy a motorcycle - then you would have an excuse - not getting wet. The NSX also came with heat, a defroster front and rear and a sound system - all which will make your drive comfortable. Water is of great supply in this country and the cars handle GREAT in the rain - ask any of us who attended the Mosport day a couple years ago in pouring rain and still drove all out (well some of us did) and I personally was amazed at handling. So, driving at posted speeds is not going to have any remote chance of you going off into the rhubarb fields.

As a warm up - I left my car outside last night and it is now totally wet - also still on all four wheels, didn't rust and break apart, so now you know it can get wet and still look good and perform.

Since most of you are uncertain of attending - I won't stop in Niagara and will see you there.

Hopeuflly for the sake of all those who put in a strong effort to get this going - many will still attend.

Not sure what the point of a car club is when many choose not to drive their cars.......trust me, they are not appreciating in value so may as well use them while you can enjoy them and before you get too old :confused:

I'm pretty sure the club had to make a commitment to the restaurant, so I definitely feel obligated to attend no matter what. It would certainly reflect poorly on the club if we told the management to expect "n" people and only "n/2" showed up. I'm driving down from Ottawa this afternoon in the rain to make it. Surely people who actually live in the area can show up.

Brad

As Brad stated, we have made some commitments on behalf of our Club, so don't let a little Rain spoil the fun.

The Sun is coming out in Mississauga right now.

We can have a Dirty NSX (Other Car) prize....

Bram

Last edited:
I like the "dirty" part:biggrin:

The rain is no bother, but the 40 to 60 km/hr west winds with branches and things flying around might be of concern. Hopefully anything loose will have blown down or away before we get there - supposed to be windy like this right through today into Monday. Better be some leaves left to see on the trees!

Please check your email for meeting point details. I actually did not include the exact street address for the plaza as I couldn't locate one, but the direction and google map are pretty clear.

Have a safe drive down everyone (especially Brad!!).

Have a great cruise tomorrow everyone! Wish I could join you however the drags of entrepreneurship leave me here at work all day.

Safe drive and I'm hoping for best weather for you guys!

See you in a couple hours. My F1 recording cut off early so I didn't see who took pole. Grrrrr....

Back