• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2003 Videos

Last edited:
Hmmm...no hits yet. Everyone must be watching USC roll over UCLA. :D

Eric, that was like a flaskback, I was leaning in the seat and gripping the chair as WE drove the track again watching your video, thanks for the memory. Gil :)

Re: USC Vs.UCLA

K2 said:
Where is Scott(ss_md)?

Only fair to get a input from a UCLA Alum.

Go San Diego State!!!!!
:D
:eek: :eek: Did UCLA show-up to play the game??? :eek: :eek: It looked like a scrimage - 1st string against 2nd string!!!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: What can you say - this is a rebuilding year for UCLA. :mad: :mad: New Coach :mad: :mad:

Eric - Thanks for the video - really makes you want to hit the track!!! :D :D :D :D

Nice job!

Hmm, dunno how I passed over this thread. Anyhow, awesome video!!! You always do great work, so the rest of us don't even bother trying to compete. :p J/k, I hope to have my NSXPO pics posted this week, well at least some of them!

akira3d said:
Hmmm...no hits yet. Everyone must be watching USC roll over UCLA. :D

May I remind you that during Carroll's first year SC was 6-6 also. And may I also remind of 8 years where you guys were hiding. It almost wasn't a rivalry anymore. :p We'll be back, you just wait! :D

how fast were you guys going ?

Not very...this was a paced parade lap. Probably between 30 and 60 miles per hour (I wasn't paying attention to my speed). As I indicated, the in-car footage is playing back at twice actual speed.

It almost wasn't a rivalry anymore

For the past three years, I'll agree. It hasn't been a rivalry! :D

If Carroll/Chow stick around and Leinart/Williams stay injury-free, I wouldn't be surprised if USC has its own eight game winning streak.

akira3d said:
If Carroll/Chow stick around and Leinart/Williams stay injury-free, I wouldn't be surprised if USC has its own eight game winning streak.
If Carroll/Chow keep winning or at least competitive they will be around for a while.

Scott, glad to hear from ya. Are you back to being 100%? Valerie and I are both recovering from colds...thankfully nothing too bad.

akira3d said:
Here's my first video from NSXPO 2003...where are everyone else's clips???

Parade Lap Session at 2x speed (WMV 10MB)

Enjoy!
Wow akira3d, what a great video you made here!!! Nice handing! in front you, there was a black nsx. Do you know what type of suspension he has? Man, he's was cornering like a GT car! How fast were you doing? I do a little road racing too at www.speedtrialusa.com with my little CRX. I also have a black NSX.
I would love to get with you guys one day and do a couple run. must be real fun with abunch of NSX!!
Jimmy:D

Last edited:
akira3d said:
Scott, glad to hear from ya. Are you back to being 100%? Valerie and I are both recovering from colds...thankfully nothing too bad.
Thanks for asking - yeah I'm still hanging in, not a 100% yet but getting better. Glad to hear you and Val are recovering and not getting worse. It sure sux being sick!! Take care. :D

It sure sux being sick!!

Sure does. Let's hope we're all healthy by turkey day!

Oh...and speaking of being sick...I forgot to mention that my video drive is ailing.

Before I headed into work this morning, I decided to try and quickly fix the glitch in the initial crossfade of this video (most of you probably didn't notice it but I'm a perfectionist). Suddenly, I'm face-to-face with Windows' "blue screen of death"! When my computer rebooted, I find out that my 200GB external Firewire drive (the one that hosts all of my digital video projects) now has a corrupt master file table. XP no longer sees any partitions on the damn thing! :eek:

Looks like future videos will be delayed until I've remedied this situation. I'm not sure I'm going to pay the moola for data recovery...I still have the source tapes for most of the video footage that was stored on the drive. But there are a few projects (i.e. many weeks of work) on there that will be lost if I don't attempt to recover them. What to do???

Excellent Video! Great Job!

Excellent Video! Great Job! ;) I have a similar NSX like yours except it's a 3.0 1996. How many miles do you have on your 2000 NSX?

Attachments

• mynsx01.jpg
    mynsx01.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 779
front you, there was a black nsx.

Actually, the one immediately in front of me was green. The black one in front of the green one was Jeff (forum member Hiroshima).

Nice, what editing software are you using?

Adobe Premiere 6.5 and Premiere Pro. This piece wasn't exactly a showcase for editing...there are what...seven cuts in two minutes and thirty seconds?

How many miles do you have on your 2000 NSX?

Just over 18,000 miles...and I haven't driven her since returning from NSXPO. :(

As for my harddrive situation, after discussing what happened with some of my coworkers, I'm convinced I should take the money I would have spent attempting to recover data from the drive and instead invest it towards a raid server. Not only will I gain speed and capacity (and have a central file server for my home network), I will also be protected from loss in the event of a future drive failure. Sounds like overkill to have a raid server on a home LAN, but my coworkers reminded me how often I have been editing videos...

Last edited:
akira3d said:
Sounds like overkill to have a raid server on a home LAN, but my coworkers reminded me how often I have been editing videos...

This is getting a little OT, but why not just get an IDE raid card and mirror two drives? For minimal expense, this gives you almost all the redunancy a home network will ever need, at a fraction of the cost of a RAID server? Remember that if you're doing video editing and saving to a central file server, you'll need a decent network to handle the bandwith- even gigabit networks take a while when handling multi-gigabyte files...

akira3d said:

Adobe Premiere 6.5 and Premiere Pro. This piece wasn't exactly a showcase for editing...there are what...seven cuts in two minutes and thirty seconds?

Sweet, have you heard of Pinnacle Studio 8.3, and if so, what do you think of it?

That was the sickest video I've ever seen!!! How fast were you going? Watching that video makes me wanna take my ride out for a spin!!! Thanks for giving those of us who weren't able to make to NSXPO a glimpse of what it was like!!!

Ron

Back