• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2009 Dates and Hotels

Registration is about to open, we're just waiting for the Beta testers to finish testing the web site. If you want to book the hotel I supose you can. Make absolutely certain that you book under the NSXPO group.
Use this link:

(copy and paste the following link into a web browser)

http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/NXSPOblock

I booked my room and got the special rate. Just click on the book room link near the top left of the page.

Note - there is a second hotel for the track event on Monday and Tuesday. Most people participating in the Driving School at Mosport will want to book a separate room near the track. That information will come out when registration opens.
See you there!

Last edited:
Looking forward to another fantastic event!

A couple of questions:

1. Do most U.S. auto insurance policies cover brief vacation trips to Canada, or do we need to make special arrangements with our insurer?

2. Best route to/from New York City...

a. There are three border crossings in the Buffalo/Niagara Falls area. Are delays less likely at any one crossing rather than the others? (For example, I've heard that driving from Chicago, it's better to cross at Port Huron/Sarnia than Detroit for this reason.)

b. Also, once you're back across the border into the States, what's the best route to New York City? Google Maps is recommending Buffalo to US-20A to Geneseo, then I-380 and I-86 to Binghamton, then through Pennsylvania on I-81, I-380, and I-80 through Jersey. Is that the best route (rather than, say, NY-17 from Binghamton, or the Thruway I-90/I-87 all the way from Buffalo)?

TIA!

Borders can be hit or miss, so predicting one over the other is hard. I prefer Queenston/Lewiston, which seems to be quicker although you can definitely get stuck. I avoid Peace Bridge (i-90) although in the past, it was my favorite. The 3rd option is Rainbow Bridge--you'll get a nice view of Niagara Falls, and best in case you want to stop over there

The first 2 bridges have commuter traffic, the 3rd is tourist traffic. I would rank them: Queenston, Rainbow, Peace although easily somebody could rank the other way.

For getting to NYC, you can take Google maps route if you like. The 81, 380, 80 cut thru PA is faster than 17/86 and that's what I often take to NYC. 17 is more scenic but definitely longer so depends what you're going for. From Buffalo, if you take Queenston bridge, you actually bypass Buffalo. Route it from Lewiston NY to New York NY and you get a different route completely. Takes you on 90 to 81. If you end up on Peace Bridge or downtown buffalo you can actually take 90 as well. The back roads of 20A, etc area is where I drive as I live in the Geneseo area. Some fun roads but if you're looking to get back quicker, hwy will be easier.

Ken quickest way into the city is 81s-380-80e-280-Joisy tpk,at this point you have the option of taking iether the tunnels or the GW bridge.

Re: NSXPO Registration problem

The registration site is broken for me!

It claims my NSXCA membership expired in March 2009, yet I paid in March 2009 for two years - so I should be ok until March 2011

The site is not officially open to register for XPO yet - that is likely the problem. I'll make sure the guys in charge of the site are aware of the 2 year membership people.

Hi Tony,

Website isn't broken, just not live yet. We should be good to go in a day or two. Stay tuned for futher announcements.

BTW: Based on the data we are using to test the website, my membership is expired too. So have no fear we have you paid up.

Folks please be patient and wait for our official grand opening.

Thanks,
Don

Ahh, I just love being first in line.

The site is up and running so don't let all the New Yorkers grab the best rooms since we are already signing up in full force............

Ahh, I just love being first in line.

The site is up and running so don't let all the New Yorkers grab the best rooms since we are already signing up in full force............

Too bad you weren't! Suckah! :tongue:

Ah, finally, my calendar fits...

Mark and Maria are IN! After a 2 year NSXPO drought, we'll return in '09. Missed '07 and '08 due to inflexible calendar conflicts. Have attended 6 of the last 9 NSXPOs, really looking forward to attending again.

[side note: very amused by the occasional whiners and posers that complain about the NSXCA meeting in Canada... those folks just don't get it. Hell, half of 'em are probably not even NSX owners. The other half live in California.]

Hey hey hey Mark and Maria! Now I really have to juggle the schedual to attend:smile:

If you want to see the spectacle that is Stuart (Red) at a track, NOW IS YOUR CHANCE!!!!!

Although I havent seen him freeze his ass to the chair since that first incident. The pink racing suit, to match his pink porsche, is something to see tho.

I found the answer to my other question.

1. Do most U.S. auto insurance policies cover brief vacation trips to Canada, or do we need to make special arrangements with our insurer?
Per the U.S. Department of State:

State Department website said:
U.S. driver’s licenses are valid in Canada. Proof of auto insurance is required. U.S. auto insurance is accepted as long as an individual is a tourist in Canada. U.S. insurance firms will issue a Canadian insurance card, which should be obtained and carried prior to driving into Canada.

HI guys;

Im EXCITED also, this year will just be a walk in the park - for me & my mrs. co-pilot.. She to best Navigator going.. Last year on our 10,200 mile trip
to Portland & back in 27 days the car ran flawlessly changed oil in Salem OR.
It was still almost on the full mark after 6000 Fast miles, Castrol 10-40 syntec. It's too bad that some cant save enough to come, But they need to get they're prioritys & stuff together.. Oh well we will be in the Buffalo heard
from NY state only a 500 mile trip from CT. Hey Red Dragon that Frt Bumper is
wearing well.
Regards Clem & Lori:smile::smile:

Attachments

• IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 27
2. Best route to/from New York City...

a. There are three border crossings in the Buffalo/Niagara Falls area. Are delays less likely at any one crossing rather than the others? (For example, I've heard that driving from Chicago, it's better to cross at Port Huron/Sarnia than Detroit for this reason.)

b. Also, once you're back across the border into the States, what's the best route to New York City? Google Maps is recommending Buffalo to US-20A to Geneseo, then I-380 and I-86 to Binghamton, then through Pennsylvania on I-81, I-380, and I-80 through Jersey. Is that the best route (rather than, say, NY-17 from Binghamton, or the Thruway I-90/I-87 all the way from Buffalo)?
In using Google Maps, I failed to take into account that I will be leaving from the track area, rather than Toronto proper. When you're leaving from the track area, Google Maps says that it's shorter to go the other way around Lake Ontario. In other words, from the track, head east past Kingston, Ontario, cross the border, and then head south on I-81 towards Syracuse. It's shorter, and it avoids possible congestion in Toronto and Buffalo.

Just a heads up about the hotel:

Book your rooms now because they are going fast. All the king bed rooms are booked and the queens only have a few left. Unless you like having two double beds, it would be best to book asap.

Yes Cubans are always available in Toronto, Cigars too:smile:

Bram

Just signed up for Toronto. and yes I'm still alive and have my nsx

I finally got back up on nsxprime...no excuses, just lazy..

Going be 16 years ownership next week...my 1993

Are cuban cigars still available in Toronto? Made a few dollars when I went to Univ of Buffalo in the 70's:smile:
Seeya next month,
Regards, Dennis
http://http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59660&stc=1&d=1249573268[/QUOTE]

Back