• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXPO 2009 Dates and Hotels

I'm new to this, and was thinking of trailering my car up from Washington DC (I am not going to the track). I see that parking is separate from the hotel. What do I do with the truck & trailer? If there is space how much will all this cost for parking a truck, trailer, and NSX. Driving the car up is not an option if I want my wife to come, and I do. Thanks.:smile:

I'm new to this, and was thinking of trailering my car up from Washington DC (I am not going to the track). I see that parking is separate from the hotel. What do I do with the truck & trailer? If there is space how much will all this cost for parking a truck, trailer, and NSX. Driving the car up is not an option if I want my wife to come, and I do. Thanks.:smile:

I'm checking on that for you. I'm sure you can park them all there, its a matter of will you need to pay for all three. PM me if you dont hear from me by Monday eve.

This is slightly embarasing, but I need to ask. I was discussing the details of this years NSXPO with a friend and he mentioned that I would not be allowed into Canada based on the fact that I have been convicted of a DUI within the past 5 years. After looking into this sight, it looks like it is true.

So I'm here to ask you and to warn others, if Canada denies access to U.S. citizens bassed on prior convictions. :confused:

For those wondering about trailer parking at the hotel, I am told that the tow vehicle and the trailer will be considered one vehicle, but that the plates of your tow vehicle and your NSX will have to be registered, so you will need to pay for parking of two vehicles.

Juice, I am sure you are not alone.

For those with a similar issue, please refer to THIS page.

It seems that there are temporary visas that may be used in this situation.

Alrigty, hotel just booked.
:)

We are planning on coming, I have always wanted to visit Toronto. Will be flying in so we won't have my the nsx, do you think there might be some open seats for the poker rally?

We are planning on coming, I have always wanted to visit Toronto. Will be flying in so we won't have my the nsx, do you think there might be some open seats for the poker rally?

We have always worked to match up members who do not havetheir NSX with others who have an open seat. LarryB is bunking with me and may not bring his car but if he does I will have a seat and I am sure there will be others as well.

All signed up, plane tickets, hotel. :biggrin: I have just one question, can I bring back a jug of the finest maple syrup into the states or is that frowned upon?

Only 2 days remain to get the early bird discount on NSXPO registration!!! Register Today:

www.nsxpo.com

Also, the hotel group rate is available until August 25th! Book your room here:

http://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/booking/reservation?id=0907233057&key=EBD78

Rooms with King size beds are filling up fast, only a few remain apparently so I'd get yours right away!

See you there!!!

And as a further update, once the contract date expires the rooms go to market rate which currently are $35-$50 per night higher than our NSXCA rate. There is no down payment required so no reason to wait to reserve a room at our discounted rate. Since the market rate is so much higher than what we negotiated, we will be unable to help anyone who doesn't reserve now because the hotel has a financial incentive to make us stick to the dates and get all late comers to pay the higher rates.

I thought Vermont had the best maple syrup??? :biggrin:

Vermont's is good because it gets Quebec's run off. Canadian Maple syrup is the best. Why do you think we put a maple leaf on our flag???

Have real Canadian bacon with pancakes & Canuck maple syrup for breakfast one day. It will set the bar to a new standard!:tongue:

Wow Don,

Sounds like a "Pancake House" challange:D:D

Did I say that????

Regards,
LarryB

Shhhhhhh, Sean dont tell them about two of our best national treasures: Quebec Maple syrup and the other awesome thing that comes from Quebec!

Shhhhhhh, Sean dont tell them about two of our best national treasures: Quebec Maple syrup and the other awesome thing that comes from Quebec!

I met the other national treasure that comes from Quebec, come to think of it there are dozens of them at the foot of the hill in Tremblant from Dec - Mar.

Dozens? Try DOZENS OF DOZENS.

And while theyre at the bottom of Tremblant in the winter, they're at the race track in the summer.

Lets dust off our old NSXPO 2007 Tremblant proposal!

Re: Canadian Insurance Cards

I called my insurance company, and they said there is no longer any requirement for special Canadian insurance cards. American insurance cards(proof of car insurance) are accepted in Canada. They said my policy does cover me in Canada - but not Mexico by the way. Not that I'd want to take a sports car to Mexico...

So I'll see y'all in Toronto.

BTW, anyone driving up to Tronto from the Southeast (GA, FL, VA, Carolinas, etc.) and want to caravan, please PM me.

Jeff

Re: Canadian Insurance Cards

I called my insurance company, and they said there is no longer any requirement for special Canadian insurance cards. American insurance cards(proof of car insurance) are accepted in Canada. They said my policy does cover me in Canada - but not Mexico by the way. Not that I'd want to take a sports car to Mexico...

So I'll see y'all in Toronto.

BTW, anyone driving up to Tronto from the Southeast (GA, FL, VA, Carolinas, etc.) and want to caravan, please PM me.

Jeff

Last I was in Canada, 2008, my insurance co gave me a insurance card for canada. Checking the Canadian websites for travel I find they still state the following:

U.S. Visitors – Your American driver's licence is valid in Canada

Make sure you bring along proof of insurance by asking your insurance company for a free "Non-resident Inter-Provincial Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance Card" before you leave, or carry the policy itself. If you're driving a borrowed car or trailer, bring a letter of permission signed by the owner. If you're driving a rented car, carry a copy of the rental contract.

While browsing around I could find nothing stating that the "non-resident inter-province motor vehicle liability insurance card" is no longer required.

My ins company, State Farm, said they will mail me one before I travel to NSXPO next month.

Last edited:
Great. Nothing like a properly informed insurance company!

Looks like this needs further investigation, or at least I'll bring a copy of my policy...

Jeff

as an fyi the westin is booked for the 25th:mad: so reservations had to put me at the shereton toronto:confused:

as an fyi the westin is booked for the 25th:mad: so reservations had to put me at the shereton toronto:confused:

That should not be possible as we have a guaranteed block of rooms. I'll get Dave to look into it for you.

Thanks!:redface:

Back