• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

o2 sensor code

My check engine light came on my 05 NSX The scanner code was P 0141 bank 1 sensor 2 O2 sensor. is there a how to video that would help with this repair?

Tony F

Maybe; but, there is also a copy of the service manual in the Prime Wiki which provides all the details - complete with non moving pictures. Hot tip, its an under car operation so a hoist will be of great help in this exercise. Tall jack stands will work. Get the special O2 sensor socket. Lucky for you your code is for the secondary sensor which is generally easier to get to than the primary sensor.

I have found the deep 02 socket to expand and slip on the NSX. I have used a box end 22mm wrench and cheater with great success.

Of course, in Honda's infinite wisdom the connector shell doesn't fit through the 22mm wrench. Which requires the sensor to be depinned, after taking careful notes of the pin positions for reassembly if required. If you certain the sensor is bad, just cut the wires and slip the 22mm wrench over the sensor.

Every once and a while I have discovered that loosening and tightening (and verify connectors are clean) of the sensor brings it back into spec. If you are planning on reusing your sensor, do not use penetrant, it will ruin the sensor.

Back