• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Obama wins the Nobel Peace Prize

Quote from Nobel Committee chairman Thorbjoern Jagland:
"Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world's attention and given its people hope for a better future."

Uhm yeah. He hasn't given this person that hope.

They made a mockery of the Nobel Peace Prize when they gave it to Gore for his work on Global Warming.

I couldn't care less who is awarded this prize in the future. I agree though that giving it to Obama is very premature.

who awarded the prize....humans..not a machine,not God,not aliens:wink: I'm surprised, but:biggrin: I put that award up there with my whos who in america admission:cool:

The vote was taken in Feb so he was in office less than a month.

As a point of order, nominations were done in February, not voting, and it's practically a given that the sitting US president gets nominated every year.

Actual voting was completed much later.

Still, it does seem a bit premature to award Obama the prize.

All this shows is who the players are running this country.
Who's in charge of the prize?

I heard this on the radio this morning and had to laugh. Seriously, what has he DONE? He has TALKED a lot, he has PROPOSED a lot, but what has he DONE? Nothing!

This is a farce but it does go to show how far his international influence extends. Everyone loves him except Americans.

If they had an election for "world president" right now, he would win.

They made a mockery of the Nobel Peace Prize when they gave it to Gore for his work on Global Warming.

I couldn't care less who is awarded this prize in the future. I agree though that giving it to Obama is very premature.

+ 1.

This "award" or "prize" has no meaning any more whatsoever.
Perhaps BHO will donate his monetary winnings to Houston or Detroit in view of the past few days happenings. :rolleyes:

Hmmmm or maybe they wanted to counteract the dis by the IOC:rolleyes:

Precisely. I think I shook my head for two solid hours after they gave it to Gore. How in the lord's name they justified that is beyond me. Maybe a certain group of people are in their pockets, it's looking that way now.

I hope he fulfills these predictions, but unfortunately for the rest of the world and I, hope.is.not.a.strategy.

Seems that the Nobel Peace Prize is just a bauble awarded by and for the left based on star power. Its irrelevance to the real world is increasingly obvious.

COV_GagMe.jpg

Dear Mr/Mrs. . Brock Obanna ,

You have been carefully selected from a pool of several hundred applicants to receive the prestigious Nobel Peace Prize and to be recognized as the Who’s Who in America. Please send us a check for $49.95 for a hard bound copy of the latest edition of the 2009 Who’s Who in America Nobel Peace Price Edition and honorary medallion. Please send an additional check for $19.95 to cover shipping and handling and allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. Congratulations on your recognition!

Sincerly,
Nobel Peace Prize Committee, a division of Publishers Clearing House

Dear Mr/Mrs. . Brock Obanna ,

You have been carefully selected from a pool of several hundred applicants to receive the prestigious Nobel Peace Prize and to be recognized as the Who’s Who in America. Please send us a check for $49.95 for a hard bound copy of the latest edition of the 2009 Who’s Who in America Nobel Peace Price Edition and honorary medallion. Please send an additional check for $19.95 to cover shipping and handling and allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. Congratulations on your recognition!
Sincerly,
Nobel Peace Prize Committee, a division of Publishers Clearing House

Lol exactly ... and don't forget to add another 20$ for the ribbed spine version....for her pleasure:wink:

The sad thing is is that BHO doesn't need a bigger head than he already has. This is not going to help. :mad:

I have to wonder if this is an attempt to shape policy through expectation

Give the man a peace prize, and then expect him to act accordingly...

P

Way to further cheapen the honor.

I have to wonder if this is an attempt to shape policy through expectation

Give the man a peace prize, and then expect him to act accordingly...
That is how I read this part of the announcement (emphasis mine):
For 108 years, the Norwegian Nobel Committee has sought to stimulate precisely that international policy and those attitudes for which Obama is now the world's leading spokesman.

(Not that I think it's appropriate to give a prize for this purpose rather than to acknowledge achievement.)

Back