• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OC caravan for prime canyon drive 04

It is that time again for the OC/SD folks to plan on driving up to the meeting point next Sunday.

The meeting place is the Starbucks, our usual meeting place, at the north/west corner of Walnut and Culver Dr. just south of the 5 fwy. You'll also see Trader Joe's, Smart and final in the same mall.

O/C Location:
Walnut Village
14437 Culver Drive
Irvine, CA 92714
949-857-2737

Meeting time: 6:15
Departure time: 6:45

The starting point for the drive is a little less than 70 miles away from Irvine. We should be able to get there before 8:00. That'll give us 30 minutes to gas up and get our initial briefing.

Please let me know if you plan to join us so that I can have a head count. PM me if you need my cell phone number. In the past, it worked out really well picking up stragglers along the way without stopping.

At the Starbucks location, I have:
SilverBullet
Ennesssex
UFO
91 X
tbNSX
SoCal-NSX
X-Toy
HotRod
Silverone
Zanardi 0
FlightNSX
CDub

Stragglers: (If you don't have a club radio, please PM me your cell #)
Ca AGNSX (sealbeach blvd)
AndyH ( " )
FuryNSX ( " )
Poohbear ( " )
Ryneen (Lakewood blvd)
Eugene (Cranshaw blvd)

18 cars total

Last edited:
Me and the rest of the SD X'ers will see you there....

Man, the SD group truly are good sports getting up before 5 to make this event.

91 X, could you let me know who is coming up from SD with you so I can update the list? Thanks!

tbNSX(troy)and I for sure..not sure if randy and kenny are going to meet up with us, but I think conrad and aaron are going to meet up with us...

I just went through the list and looks like there are at least 18 OC/SD regulars going. I think the largest OC caravan I have seen is around 15 cars heading up to Camarillo autoX 2 years ago.

Some may opt to go up the night before. Other wise, this may be the biggest one yet.

Hey Chris,

I'll be there!

I'll also send this thread to my buddy Mike (from Honda) who just reciently purchased his NSX, lives in Irvine, and is signed up for the drive.

See the rest of you all there.

Peter

Hi Chris, pm'd you already with my cell number...see you there!

(Peter - Thanks!)

Mike

I'd like to join as well

Hi Guys...

I don't know most of you, but my girlfriend Tiffany and I would like to meet up with you on Sunday morning as well.

Looking foreward to seeing you there!

-Michael.

FlightNSX,

If you are in OC (your profile says that you are from LA), this is the perfect time to meet with the OC group. Next time, you'll say that you know most of us. They are very nice group of car lovers and no one will try to sell you anything. :p

Just keep your girl friend away from some of the single guys and you'll be fine. ;)

See you in a few days.

For everyone from OC,

We are around 70 miles away from the meeting point. If you have half tank, you should be able to make it up there. Gas stations are available at the final meeting place and I highly recommend that you top up there (in the Malibu area) instead of in Irvine.

FuryNSX said:
CDub,

Can you PM or email me with your caravan route info. I may intercept you guys as I come from Orange (via the 22 perhaps).

-Randy

Geesh...and I thought I was lazy??? :p

Randy, the 22/5 fwy interchange is about 5 minutes north of the meeting place...why not just get your lazy bum out of bed 5 minutes earlier and meet us at the meeting spot???:D besides, Chris is bringing donuts...;)

so we'll see you there!!!:cool:

91 X said:
Randy, the 22/5 fwy interchange is about 5 minutes north of the meeting place...why not just get your lazy bum out of bed 5 minutes earlier and meet us at the meeting spot???:D
Hmmm, it's a thought. According to Mapquest, that's about a 10 - 15 minute drive south to meet up with you guys at the Starbucks. Then again, that 10 - 15 more minutes plus the time to assemble and rollout plus the time to drive back up to the 22 means about another 30 minutes of sleep. :D We'll see.

-Randy

FuryNSX said:
Hmmm, it's a thought. :D We'll see.

-Randy
20 - 30 minutes of extra sleep sounds good to me.

FuryNSX, just think that it'll be best for you to join Steve and Andy off 405/Seal Beach blvd right when 22 merge with 405 at 7. That way you can keep your beauty sleep and still be able to roll with us.

Donuts? With the low-carb craze, a 12 oz steak topped with cheese and 3 eggs over easy for each person may be more appropriate. :p

CDub said:
FuryNSX, just think that it'll be best for you to join Steve and Andy off 405/Seal Beach blvd right when 22 merge with 405 at 7. That way you can keep your beauty sleep and still be able to roll with us.
Chris,
You really think that you'll be able to make the 405/22 merge by 7:00 if you leave the Starbucks at 6:45? If so, I might consider that.

CDub said:
Donuts? With the low-carb craze, a 12 oz steak topped with cheese and 3 eggs over easy for each person may be more appropriate. :p
Ooooh, yummy. That's sounds really tasty. If you guys are doing that, maybe I will meet you guys after all. ;) (J/K)

-Randy

Randy:

I originally thought they would be at Seal Beach Bl. by 7:15 but Chris suggested 7:00. I will be surprized if they make it in 15 minutes, but Chris does lead a fast group!;)

I will be on the Northbound on ramp from Seal beach Bl. to the 405 at 7:00 (with Andy). We will wait there until I can make contact with Chris by Club Radio (usally about when he gets to Valley View or the 22).

Hope to see you there.:cool:

I guess it'll be ok if you want to get saddle up at 7:10. I just want to make sure that you are there when we roll by.

Like always, at 6:45, we'll fire up the engines and wait for the folks coming out of Starbucks for a last minute coffee fix or bathroom break. By the time we get on fwy 5, it'll be 10 mins. later. It is around 15 miles to Seal Beach Blvd. We should be there no later than 7:10.

Don't get the wrong idea, I drive like a grandpa. Everytime when I lead, there are always people pushing right next to me to get me go faster. When that happens, I'll just let them lead.

So far, I still don't have the final meeting location yet. We'll know more as the day approaches.

Ca AGNSX said:
Randy:

I originally thought they would be at Seal Beach Bl. by 7:15 but Chris suggested 7:00. I will be surprized if they make it in 15 minutes, but Chris does lead a fast group!;)

I am not worry about making it to Seal Beach by 7:15 or even earlier with Chris leading, I am more worried about the cops along the way..., :)

CDub said:

mmmm:p that sounds even better, Chris:D

we better show up a little earlier and get the grill going then;)

then again, I don't think any of us in our group worry about carbs and calories, so donuts from Krispy's will do....;) :D :cool:

Randy- go to bed ten minutes earlier to get your much needed beauty sleep and just meet us in Irvine:D

Back