• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OEM Steering Wheel Swap DIY Guide (NSX to DC5/ITR/EP3/AP1/AP2)

Updated pic of mine.
4f9c99b67bd2af604b1878651ea288fe.jpg

Guys, just a quick note, an alternative wheel, albeit much cheaper in quality, is the 2000-2006 Insight wheel. It is the same as the S2000 steering wheel except it is not leather wrapped. Might be an idea for someone who is more track oriented and doesn't care if the wheel is leather but still wants to keep the airbag.

I haven't looked into which years are Single or Dual Stage though, so that'll be something to think about.

We stock a TON of s2000 wheels that have a thicker grip and many other custom upgrades including a flat bottom CF model. We use OEM Honda wheels to make the upgraded wheels so fitment is 100% stock. IF you need s2000 wheels, please give us a shout or visit our s2000 steering wheel thread here:

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/107...-one-offs/page__gopid__23095710#entry23095710

The problem is that right now we can't find the right adapter hubs as SOS has stopped producing them unless we get at least 10 people committed and we also need the adapter hub. We are willing to invest into getting these all made however we need to get an interest list going first as it's a substantial investment on our part and we do not want to be stuck with a ton of hardware on our shelves.

here's what our s2000 upgraded wheels look like:

Top of the line flat bottom CF wheels:

All suede thicker grip:

Same wheel but with perforated leather sides and yellow accents:

Just wanted to bump this thread and say thanks to Nero for the PDF on google drive.

so from what i understand the NSX hub adapters are no longer available? is that correct?

Hagasan doesn't make them anymore but I think Euroboutique does now.

Hey All,

It's been quite a while since I've posted anything on prime, but I was recently asked for the wiring diagram for the S2000 steering wheel and don't see the image posted to this thread any longer.

Luckily I saved the files to my photobucket so here they are in all of their 2011 glory. I also included some pertinent photos that helped me out during the installation and also a picture of my wiring install.

IMG_1837.jpg

IMG_1838.jpg

IMG_1729.jpg

IMG_1839.jpg

IMG_1840.jpg

Thanks,
NA1VTEC

Thank you so much for the help! I will dive into this over the weekend. Last thing needed to get my setup up and running!

Thanks again!

Hey All,

It's been quite a while since I've posted anything on prime, but I was recently asked for the wiring diagram for the S2000 steering wheel and don't see the image posted to this thread any longer.

Luckily I saved the files to my photobucket so here they are in all of their 2011 glory. I also included some pertinent photos that helped me out during the installation and also a picture of my wiring install.

IMG_1837.jpg

IMG_1838.jpg

IMG_1729.jpg

IMG_1839.jpg

IMG_1840.jpg

Thanks,
NA1VTEC

That drawing looks familiar:)

LOL, memories, ol' memories... Thanks again for the adapter and detailed write up Hagasan, my steering wheel is still on and functioning without any issues! :smile:

Great to hear. Mine's been on almost seven years now, no issues......

Does anyone have the 90mb PDF (instructions) they could send me?? I'm *attempting* to do this swap myself. Thanks in advance!!

Did you request access? I think I got an email recently about it… I need to look again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Detonator swap confusion

I'm a bit confused. I'm using a detonator out of a 99-04 Acura RL. In the diagram photo it would suggest that the top red wire (from the S2000) is the positive. When using a JDM RSX detonator (with two yellow wires) the bottom wire is the positive. Since I'm using a detonator out of a RL with 2 red wires (like the S2000) does anyone know if which wire is positive? The top or bottom? How can I test which is which with a multimeter?

IMG_2321.jpg
IMG_1837 copy.jpg

Back