• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Official Kaiser Silver thread

Bumping the Kaiser thread back to the top! Because we are the top. :) One of the rarest colors, and it has been mine for almost three weeks now. This picture is at the Delaware Water Gap, as I was driving it back to Cleveland from the dealer I purchased from:

z3sXq5.jpg

In the spring, it will have SSR Integral GT1s on it and will be lowered with Bilsteins on lower perch/stock springs. It looks so classy in this color, but I do need to give it a little personalization.

Congrats on your recent new NSX [MENTION=32021]neuronbob[/MENTION]!

I agree, Kaiser Silver is one of the most beautiful color for the NSX. It's rare indeed!

Took my wife out for dinner in the NSX a few days ago:
2015-11-22-OutForDinner.jpg

Bumping again. It looks like I've been bitten by the Advan AVS Model 5 madness. Could be sourcing a set in just the right fitment for me, in gunmetal. Before purchase, though, I had to come back here to see whether that relatively dark silver fits with the relatively dark silver. Looks like it can! And if not, I can always refinish them in bright silver.

Anyone on this thread know the owner of the 1999 Kaiser Silver that was recently selling on BaT? Looked like a great specimen and included some nice mods. Brembo brakes, CTSC, wider wheel stance.

Dang... this thread made me anxious to get my car back on the road again. :D

I was going to text you, we hanging on the 22nd? Zanardi/Type S clone photoshoot?

new owner checking in

what is the meaning of the word kaiser in the silver?

View attachment 186656

I asked on FB NSX Prime almost four years ago. A Primate knew someone who was with Acura product planning when the NSX was released and he asked. Alas, he told me that “Kaiser” was just randomly decided as a word that sounded cool to the Japanese team members. So…it means nothing.

I asked on FB NSX Prime almost four years ago. A Primate knew someone who was with Acura product planning when the NSX was released and he asked. Alas, he told me that “Kaiser” was just randomly decided as a word that sounded cool to the Japanese team members. So…it means nothing.
thanks for that!

Actually it's the name of German emperors. It's the same root as "Caesar" which is supposed to be pronounced the same way - it comes from the Holy Roman Empire, logically. That dark gray tint probably refers to Kaiser Wilhelm II uniform which looked similar.

Actually it's the name of German emperors. It's the same root as "Caesar" which is supposed to be pronounced the same way - it comes from the Holy Roman Empire, logically. That dark gray tint probably refers to Kaiser Wilhelm II uniform which looked similar.

As I stated above, I heard from a product planner for the NSX, via a query directly put to them by a fellow Primate who knew them. They apparently did not consider this information. I can’t get more direct than that.

They also mentioned that the yellow color was originally going to be Senna Yellow, but at the time, Senna and his family were cautious about his name being attached to products, so the name was nixed.

As I stated above, I heard from a product planner for the NSX, via a query directly put to them by a fellow Primate who knew them. They apparently did not consider this information. I can’t get more direct than that.
I worked for a few big companies and often one department doesnt know what the next door guys are doing. It's very possible that product planner person did not know about the reasoning behind the name choice. A lot of teams (marketing, legal, etc.) work on this usually and then the project/product manager will just pick up the product specifications and go with what was decided. Same for the Senna example you cited - probably legal dept. did oppose a reason why not to use it. In this case (Kaiser Silver) if it was not intentional, it would not look like the actual tint used by the last Kaiser on his uniform. Same idea for all other colors - there's an overall theme every time, that was certainly signed off by legal, marketing et al.

Also, wasn't Kaiser Silver available on the Japan cars in 90/91 timeframe? If so, then a US Acura product planner would have nothing to do with the naming of the color.

Back