• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Official Tucson spotting thread

MJK

Legendary Member
Tucson people: I've been spotting you all left and right lately! I thought we might all have a thread to post sightings:

So far:
Well used white 92-93 in Rita Ranch a few months ago
Black 91-93 for sale at a Speedway dealer a couple weeks ago
Red 91 driven by MANIACura all the time on Kolb
Red 95-96 by Ventana (Dave from IL)

Today:
Black 91-01 w/ work wheels SB on Sabino Canyon Rd
(I was the guy in the silver Lexus in front of you who gave you a thumbs up)

Nice to see everyone around. Hopefully we can get up a meet and greet sometime. If not, I guess this will do.:smile:

Hi Mark,

Thanks for starting a sightings thread. It is a great tool for helping us local NSX owners connect.

Check out this thread regarding a monthly saturday brunch for Tucson NSX types. The group had it's first meeting a week ago Saturday (the 9th). Now Tucson NSX people not only have a way to identify and wave at each other, we also have a regular time and place to meet and get acquainted!

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121438

The current plan is for the Tucson NSX Brunch Bunch to meet at 9:30 a.m. on the 2nd Saturday of each month at the Tucson Mall Mimi's Cafe (Wetmore & Oracle). The June Brunch however will meet on the third Saturday (June 20th) so our local Tucson NSX guys can participate in the Jerome/Sedona drive on Sunday the 14th. Check here for info on the drive.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121507

I will be driving up from Tucson to join the Jerome/Sedona group June 14th. Heather (TucAZNSX) has also posted her intention to go if she can work out a baby sitting solution for her daughter. It would be great if you could join us and the three of us team up for the drive to Phoenix.

In any event thanks again for starting the thread. I look forward to meeting you.

Ron (aka RONSXTC Platinum Member since May 2004)

Last edited:
Reviving this thread to get the Tucson blood flowing.

Saw and parked next to MANIACura at work today. Nice car! Maybe I'll get to meet you soon.

I will be at the upcoming Cars and Coffee meet at La Encantada on the 2nd Saturday in August (the 7th). Maybe other NSXers might want to meet up? I'm also always up for any cool drives (Mt Lemmon or just cruising around). Hit me up!

Well - I am a wannabe NSX'r in Tucson. I have been lurking here for a few months and not a bunch going on with the Tucson scene... maybe we can change that.

I will come out to the La Encantada event. I have visited that event once and it was a bunch of Corvettes and a Porsche or two. A nice NSX would brighten the event up !

(I have a nice '05 LBBP in my head.)

I was pretty proactive in Albuquerque with getting the NSXers together every once in a while. I hope to continue that down here in Tucson.

See you at the Cars and Coffee meet! Hope the LBBP dream comes true for you soon. Are you looking for just an '05, or within the '02-'05 range? Back when I bought mine, there were a ton of '02-'03 LBBPs for sale. Not sure how it is now.

I hope we can get something cooking out here. There are a few in town and a collection of 3-4 down in Green Valley, but nothing going on from a meets standpoint.

I will be looking for anything in the '02-'05. I like the styling better and I don't plan to do any crazy mod stuff. I just like the car for what it is... some nice wheels, a good growl, and lots of wax :) I am past the little kid stage so I plan to keep this one really nice and for a loooong time.

There are some LBBPs NA2s out there for sale - even a couple nice ones out west here (PHX and LA).

Be vewy vewy quiet - I am hunting wabbits....

Wow, how timely for me to revive this one. Just had a chat with a gentleman in a silver '97 headed west on Ina from La Cholla. I was in my '02. We didn't talk too much, but hopefully I'll see him again soon and try to pass my info on to him for future get-togethers!

Any particular time? I'm surprised Heather (TucAZNSX, White Widebody) hasn't jumped on this yet. She participated in everything we did last year. We had 3 or 4 who drove down from the Phoenix area for a couple of our Saturday brunches as well. Glad to see some revived interest. Should be able to make it.

Ron

Any particular time? I'm surprised Heather (TucAZNSX, White Widebody) hasn't jumped on this yet. She participated in everything we did last year. We had 3 or 4 who drove down from the Phoenix area for a couple of our Saturday brunches as well. Glad to see some revived interest. Should be able to make it.

Ron
I'm not sure what you're asking about the time? If it was when I saw the silver '97, it was shortly after sunset. If you're talking about getting together for the upcoming Cars and Coffee, I think it starts at 7:00. That's when I plan on being there. :smile:

Heather and Stephen have been very helpful so far with our move here to Tucson. They met us for dinner a few months ago, when we were still deciding if we were going to make the move. Speaking of which, they've now sold their white NSX and are "NSX-less" for now.

Still haven't talked to MANIACura yet, but I see his car just about every day at work. It's pretty cool to have another NSXer work at the same place I do! Too bad I'm in another building 1/4 mile away.

Sorry to be so ambiguous. I was talking about the meet. I assume that time is 7:00 a.m. Ugh. Some of us retired types do NOT relish trying to be someplace that early in the day! But hey, anything to hang out with other NSX addicts.

I think I remember a post some time back (don't remember the thread) where you mentioned the possibility of moving to Tucson. Looking forward to meeting you.

It's going to be a little hard envisioning Heather and Stephen without an NSX. Glad to see they found the "right" buyer. I know they weren't interested in giving it away. Hope they stay interested in the NSX community. They are a heck of a lot of fun to be around.

WOW, I guess I have been out of the loop for longer than I thought! They are selling it?! It will be sad to see the car go. But I agree with you Ron, I hope they stay around the community. It has been a long time since I was at any meet. That night at the Cortaro Chili's was my last one. I think I'll be moving to Vail in the not too distant future, so I'm sure I'll make it to lots of meets. I STILL can't flag down any of the 3 other NSX'ers here in Sierra Vista. bummer.

@ MJK- I was on that road that day and I remember someone giving me a thumbs up(can't remember what they were driving). But my wheels are just some cheapie gunmetal colored wheels.(I like em though ;])

Last edited:
Yep, sadly we did sell our NSX. :( We will both still check in here on Prime and stay in contact. I am due with baby #2 at the end of the month, so I'm sure we will both be busy for a little while.

Who did I see eastbound on Tanque Verde at Sabino Canyon just after 8PM tonight? It was dark, but looked to be a black coupe?

Looked good!

That's Dave, who just bought that NSX a few weeks ago. I met him at Cars And Coffee this past Saturday. Nice guy! Maybe he'll pop in here to introduce himself soon.

Left a note on mblomquist's car the Ventana area Basha's yesterday. You parked few spots down from my e46 M3.

I had almost forgotten how gorgeous LBB is. Almost.

If you get up to the Marana side of town you will be able to add my '92 Sebring Silver to the list. Now licensed as "NSXYOLO". It is now my primary set of wheels so good chance of crossing paths. -Ron

Last edited:
Ron, don't get over that way too often but you never know. If you see a white one with SMPG on the plates you will know it is me.

We ought to round everyone up for a cars and coffee or something once the broiler gets turned off.

I'm on the east side and always interested in meeting up with enthusiasts if something ever comes together. I'm generally at the monthly cars and coffee at La Encantada but don't always bring the X.

Hi All:

Cool thread! I thought I'd give it a bump and say "Hi."

The last NSX I've seen in Tucson was a nice 91 (?) red/black coupe at the Rotary Club show at St. Greg's a few weeks ago. The owner was not around at the time, so no contact was made. I've lived in Tucson since 1988, and have only spotted a couple of NSX cars. Perhaps I have not been looking hard enough. :)

I just bought a red 1995 NSX-T, which is still en route from NY. I can't wait to finally drive one of these super cool cars. I'll be looking for you Tucson NSX folks on the road, and look forward to doing some meetups/drives or whatever.

If you have any info on good NSX mechanics here in Tucson, I'm all ears. :)

Dave

Hi Dave-

Welcome to the NSX community! I've been in Tucson since 2010 with my 2002 Silverstone.

The NSX Tech at Chapman Acura, Mike, also does work on the side (he has an immaculate shop) and he's very good. Others on here have used his services as well. I have his number, if you want it, PM me.

This upcoming Saturday the 8th is Cars and Coffee in the morning at La Encantada. There's usually a couple of NSXs there. I'm actually going to be there this month, which is a rarity for me. Cars start showing up around 7-8-ish, I won't be able to make it until about 8:45-9-ish. There's even some talk about some of the Phoenix NSXers coming down for it. You should stop by, NSX or not!

Chuck

Thanks for the reply, Chuck.

I'm probably out for tomorrow evening, but thanks for the heads-up. I'll drop you a PM for Mike's info.

Dave

Hi I am new to the NSX world but relatively old to Tucson (43yrs). So far I have seen a Formula Red with aftermarket wheels in town, and a lovely Sebring with polished wheels on 1-10.

Here is my car. It is well known on the forum as the longtime build by CMC140. Funny that it is sort of famous.. I got photos texted from friends who saw it on the truck on its way into town. I will try to be a good steward and am madly in love with it.. here's a pic:
nsx-12-14_01.jpg

I will make the C&C meets eventually and will hopefully see you guys around town.

Last edited:
Hi prym8:

Welcome aboard and beautiful NSX. The color combo is super classy (and glassy:)).

Hope to see you!

I saw Dave with his beautiful, red, 2005 NSX at La Encantada, and another Dave on a 2-wheeled rocket on some mountain road.

Cars and coffee was a hoot. What a great bunch of enthusiasts!

Dave

Back