• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Oil change Hugh's way....

His car may eat Z06's, but it has diarrhea shortly afterwards. :biggrin:

612eed34364e.jpg

Last edited:
On second thought, maybe I will skip that fumoto valve...

Ack, well I guess that is 'good' to know for me. Sucks for Hugh, but hopefully that is not as expensive as it looks!

The total expense was 2 bags of cat litter and a new plastic oil drain pan.

Idiot that I was, I left the oil filter standing upright in the pan after the oil/filter change and forgot to slide the pan out from under the car before lowering it.
One of the crossbraces pushed the filter through the plastic drain pan causing it to crack and make the huge mess.

I lost my usual focus because DocL was prancing around my front yard in his new Minnie Mouse print thong that he bought for NSXPO and let's just say I was a bit distracted. :)

D'Ecosse said:
Geez Hugh - how long do you go between oil changes? That is some manky looking oil!

Actually, Hugh uses this for his oil. :biggrin:

B00032FS02.01-A3CDPEGSIQM61V._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

docmarmo said:
Hugh for real do you use that product?

Absolutely. When I first acquired my car 2 1/2 years ago with 70,000 miles on the clock I gave it the full Auto-Rx treatment as per the directions on their website. Since then I'm in "maintenance mode" which means 2 oz of the stuff at every oil change.

The inside of my motor looks like it just left the factory. Amazing stuff.

Good to know, Hugh. You guys crack me up, keep up the good work. Minnie mouse clothing optional of course!

From some of the recent comments about Hugh's dietary preferences, I thought this was maybe his preferred choice in lubrication:

cornOil.jpg

(If nothing else it certainly fuels his 'humour')

Hugh said:
Absolutely. When I first acquired my car 2 1/2 years ago with 70,000 miles on the clock I gave it the full Auto-Rx treatment as per the directions on their website. Since then I'm in "maintenance mode" which means 2 oz of the stuff at every oil change.

The inside of my motor looks like it just left the factory. Amazing stuff.

Of course, without a control motor not getting Auto-Rx there is no way to know if this stuff really works. In other words, the inside of your motor may have looked spotless without using it. The inside of my Subaru's engine looks perfect and the only thing it gets is synthetic oil all its life after the first several thousand miles with regular oil.

TyraNSX said:
Of course, without a control motor not getting Auto-Rx there is no way to know if this stuff really works. In other words, the inside of your motor may have looked spotless without using it. The inside of my Subaru's engine looks perfect and the only thing it gets is synthetic oil all its life after the first several thousand miles with regular oil.

You know IT WORKS because they write it in professional looking large font with many passages of bold red text and underlines for dolts like me that actually studied engineering and won't put any oil additives made in a backwoods shack where they also make barbecue sauce

:biggrin:

Back