• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

oil sweating from oil pan normal?

I noticed oil spots on my garage floor. Got my oil pan replaced and the oil spots are less but still happens. The tech who has 20 years experience with the nsx said it happens because the aluminum engine block and oil pan are two different metals and heat and cool down differently so they contract and expand differently so the oil will sweat sometimes. I'm using royal purple 10/30 but I doubt its oil brand and grade that's causing it.

Mine does a little bit, but not enough to cause drips on the floor. It's probably not a big deal though, just wipe around the pan gasket occasionally.

yeah you dont wanna overtighen the bolts.

use a socket but only tighen a little over fingertight.

and wipe it down and go drive

You really need to look higher then the oil pan. I have seen this type of "leak" many times, the oil runs along the edge of the pan gasket, however 90% of the time it is not the oil pan at all. Valve Cover Gaskets, VTEC seals, and cam plugs, in that order, are more often the culprits.

My $.02

Regards,
LarryB

well I did have the spark plugs replaced under the special tsb. will have it looked at again. thanks!

You really need to look higher then the oil pan. I have seen this type of "leak" many times, the oil runs along the edge of the pan gasket, however 90% of the time it is not the oil pan at all. Valve Cover Gaskets, VTEC seals, and cam plugs, in that order, are more often the culprits.

My $.02

Regards,
LarryB

Larry Just did this service for me and its all good now

Back