• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OK Can this NSX Be true

I found a '96 NSX coupe Red with black int.. I checked out the production numbers and It doesnt say they made one.. Is the guy trying to lie to me>??

There are a number of possible explanations for the discrepancy. It's possible the car was sold in Canada (production numbers in the FAQ are for US only). It's possible the car was repainted. My bet, though, is that either the car is really an NSX-T, or else the car is really not a '96, but an earlier car. You can check the model year very easily by asking for the VIN (vehicle identification number), which should be 17 characters long. The 10th character would be a "T" if it is truly a 1996 car. More info about the VIN at http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/General/vin.htm

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 27 October 2000).]

Check this out.. I called the dealer who has the car and they confirmed it was a T. and they wrote it down wrong.. so I said ok lets make a deal.. they told me $10K as is.. I said wTf? Then he said dont U know..

last night some drunk lady in a ford F350 truck slammed into the dealership totaled a Brand New IS300 and then it slammed into the side of the NSX.. so basically the car is totaled.

Oh well what do U guys think of the nasty brown leather int of a '97..
I found a '97 NSX-t with 30K miles and asking price is $51K yet it has some nasty looking brown leather int..

[This message has been edited by HapaHaole (edited 27 October 2000).]

Oh well what do U guys think of the nasty brown leather int of a '97..
I found a '97 NSX-t with 30K miles and asking price is $51K yet it has some nasty looking brown leather int..

If you're referring to the factory camel color, I think it looks nice - but if you don't, then look around for one with black interior.

I know of a yellow/black '97 NSX-T with around the same mileage that's in excellent condition and I heard the owner is asking mid fifties. It's in the Atlanta area. Contact him at [email protected]

well the only thing is I have to buy it from a dealer.. I have someone who owns a dealership and is going to do a dealer trade so I can get it for less than from an individual. Unless he is willing to sell it to a dealer.. which I wouldnt even do.

There's a 98 Yellow at Acura of Portland, in Portland, Oregon with 13k miles I think. Interior is black. Sales department leaves a lot to be desired. The service department is great.

Hapahole, there is no such thing as dealer trading a used car. Your friends store is simply going to buy the car you want from the store that has it.(but, think a second, why would they even sell it to your friend's store and lose a chance to make 3,500-5,000?) Most likely, if the store even sells it to him, they will make a small profit. This said, my point is that you'd be just as well off (if not better) to buy privately or your friends store could buy one privately and sell it to you for the same number or maybe just a 500 profit for the paperwork. No difference. I also have an Acura store, among many others, and have access to a few NSXs. If you would like my help also, let me know.

------------------
Todd Arnold
Pls. visit my newly redone NSX site w/ lots of info and pics. Brand new classifieds and Message board. @
http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

Originally posted by Nsxotic:
I also have an Acura store, among many others, and have access to a few NSXs. If you would like my help also, let me know.

Well I also understand that he can buy it at an auction. He usually calles me every other week at an auction to see if I want any of the NSX cars that show up.. The point of him buying or trading cars with another dealership is if the car has been sitting there for 30 days then they want to get rid of it.. As I understand dealers do not keep cars in stock for 30 days if they do then they will do almost everything to get rid of it fast since it is not making any money.

Will you be willing to sell one to another dealership In KY? And can U help me find one?
He will charge me 1% of the car and shipping charges if he finds the car I want.

[This message has been edited by HapaHaole (edited 28 October 2000).]

Back