• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Old Timer's Farewell - 22 Years of Joy - Time for someone new to adore her

Well - bittersweet as the NSX sold to the high bidder on BAT today. The new owner has had 3 NSXs in the past and is a REAL enthusiast and will enjoy it as much as I had I am sure. I'll wait for them to intro themselves (again) but thanks to all of you for an awesome journey. It was a blast.

matteni You are hereby mandatoried to look into NSXPrime forums each two weeks, and post up your status(es) once each month. Stay in touch.

Last edited:
I seriously woke up in the middle of the night thinking "what am I doing"?

When I saw you post this, I had wanted to respond with "PULL THE AUCTION!!!", but figured you were all in already, lol.

Well - bittersweet as the NSX sold to the high bidder on BAT today. The new owner has had 3 NSXs in the past and is a REAL enthusiast and will enjoy it as much as I had I am sure. I'll wait for them to intro themselves (again) but thanks to all of you for an awesome journey. It was a blast.

Looks like it was a very successful auction. Congratulations!

You’ve had a good run! Congrats to a nice farewell. I’ll chime in with a little nostalgia myself. I’ll venture to say I may be one of the few owners that their NSX has had 6 registered owners but the 2nd, 4th and 6th were all the same. Yours truly. I keep selling her and keep buying her back. Bought it back the last time 2 years ago. Unfortunately it’s cost more each time. Ha. But these are great cars and I’ve been fortunate to manage to get it back on multiple occasions. My story is much the same as a lot of the other replies. Purchased when single, before kids etc. I don’t get to drive it very often and in between drives I question if it’s worth tying up the money for a little used car. But then I get in it and go for a drive and immediately remember why I’ve bought the same car 3 times. They are special cars no doubt. Now if my wife would only understand! If it leaves me again I’m not sure I can manage to get it back and lay claim to being the 8th owner as well!

Very cool story! You definitely have some "history" with your car, hahaha.

GREAT story and now I am sorry I wasn't more active the last couple years. I fly Sat to pick up an amazing deal on the original Tesla Roadster. there might not be another one in my state right now. I drove one for a day and fell in love in a very different way. A great community as well on TMC. I have a funny feeling I will be back however.

Have fun with that Tesla Roadster! Post some pictures and let us know how it is when you bring it home. In other words, don't be a stranger and come visit every once in a while (like everyone else has said).

I fly Sat to pick up an amazing deal on the original Tesla Roadster..

Sad to see you go, but welcome to the Tesla community and congrats on picking up an original Roadster. I've been on TMC off and on about as much as I have on Prime over the past few years as Facebook seems to be where most hang out...though Facebook groups are not the same.

The original Roadster is what got me interested in electric vehicles and Tesla, but I ended up with a Model X and was able to hold on to my NSX (will be 20 years for me this year).

Thank you everyone!

The new owner is picking up the car Sat. Going to be really hard to watch him drive away.

This is his 5th NSX (and he is 10 years younger than me).

I don't know why anyone would put themselves through having to give away this amazing car 3 other times (he will have 2 NSXs right now).

I picked up the roadster in Seattle (32 hours away) and sent it to the Roadster Whisperer Carl Medlock where I have a host of upgrades planned (he has 23 cars in front of me).

So now I suffer with no NSX and no Roadster for 4 to 5 weeks.

Guess I will try to get my fix here and on the msg boards!

:smile:

Thank you - I am sad to see her go but excited for the fun the next steward will have. She has been a great car and I don't regret a second or a penny spent on her. Most of all I'll remember the fun times with folks like you.
This is exactly what I am excited for as a prospective owner (59 months to go lol), that after 22 years of ownership your fun factor is still very much intact (seems like the best investment to me!). But I'm sure this community is equally as rewarding. I've been hanging out in the FT86club forums initially (and really where I spend most of my "downtime at work"). The GT86 platform potential brought me there, but the community kept me there. Alright, enough of the sapping lol.

Back