• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Oldest NSX exceeds mileage to the moon - Houston we may need your help...

According to the door plate on the drivers side my NSX was manufactured in July of 1990 - 7/90 - and its VIN ends in 000201 which may be the actual first car in US - ( maybe someone can clarify/verify this ) I was told this was the car at the Chicago car show when the NSX was first introduced... but either way the car will be 23 years old in two weeks the car odometer read 221,676.7 miles today - which according to NASA is more than the distance from the surface of earth to the surface of the moon at Perigee ( closest point in orbit ) - Let me say I have driven the last 200,000 miles and have had this car personally for 20 years. I love this car... but as I approach the moon I am reminded of the Apollo mission. Many of the systems are failing, fast... and Acura told me last week the parts are no longer supported by Acura - Houston......

Last edited:
so the thread should be Houston we have another person that thinks they have the first NSX in the USA. LOL

very cool though what other Exotic car can say can reach 221,676.7

very very cool

221k puts you on the lower end of the high mileage group. Hugh should be over 300k by now and there is a 500k mileage one still on the road. There are more higher mileage ones on the road than you would think.

my buddy has a 91 with 250,000 miles he was at my shop yesterday looks mint showroom condition

he is a member of NSXPRIME his username is Shrink

Wow - that makes sense since mine ran over 200k with almost no repairs ... but in the last four months the ABS, AC, disc changer, power window, keyless entry, and now engine light just went on... I'm not complaining since the car has been great to me - wife says get a new car - but can't imagine driving anything else...

those things you just mentioned are the only things that go bad on the NSX but after those repairs it will go for another 200K miles dont sell repair and keep. you wife just wants a car she can drive too

Congrats on driving the car over 200,000 miles. Shawn was close. My car currently has 235,000 miles. It really performs like a new car. Looks new. Amazing that a car that can perform so well can also be so dependable. Let's see how many miles we can all get on this cars!

Haha Carl at first I'm like "Wow a high mileage NSX" then I look at your profile location. "Wow a high mileage NSX in MASSACHUSETTS"... Then I look at your user picture and notice you have a AC on you're passenger seat... "Wow a high mileage NSX in Massachusetts with the THE SAME PORTABLE LG AIR CONDITIONER I'm using right now to cool my room" :D. This thread is full of coincidences lol.

Coincidences aside I think it's awesome you had the car for 20 years and still use it. Not many original owners on this forum.

There was an article in the Canadian Acura magazine a few years back about an owner in Toronto who had 500 K KM on his NSX.
The article was about the engine condition when the heads off for a valve job. Apparently the inspection showed that the pistons, rods, crankshaft, and bearings were all within factory specs.
Honda can really build an engine no?

Here are the Chicago pics - That would be cool if it was actually your car! Remember though, it was February 1989.

FEB89CHICAGOSHOW_02.jpg FEB89CHICAGOSHOW_04.jpg FEB89CHICAGOSHOW_05.jpg FEB89CHICAGOSHOW_03.jpg FEB89CHICAGOSHOW_01.jpg

Last edited:
You guys made my day...
I'm just past 150K miles and instead of worrying about my milege I'm going to continue driving it whenever I want!

Congrats on driving the car over 200,000 miles. Shawn was close. My car currently has 235,000 miles. It really performs like a new car. Looks new. Amazing that a car that can perform so well can also be so dependable. Let's see how many miles we can all get on this cars!

Shrink, hope you are planning on putting another 1500 miles and drive up (and back) to Raleigh for NSXPO 2013!

Maybe we'll even set up a special high mileage corral in the parking area.

John Komar/Steve LaClair - Co-Chairs of NSXPO 2013

Haha Carl at first I'm like "Wow a high mileage NSX" then I look at your profile location. "Wow a high mileage NSX in MASSACHUSETTS"... Then I look at your user picture and notice you have a AC on you're passenger seat... "Wow a high mileage NSX in Massachusetts with the THE SAME PORTABLE LG AIR CONDITIONER I'm using right now to cool my room" :D. This thread is full of coincidences lol.

Coincidences aside I think it's awesome you had the car for 20 years and still use it. Not many original owners on this forum.

That's awesome, another coincidence, I bought one of those LG portable units a few weeks ago, I was going to try and cram it into the NSX as I was driving it home from a car show but decided against it at the last second. Now I know it would have fit (though I would have had to unpackage it in the Home Depot parking lot).

Congrats on 20 years Carl, that's awesome, wish I drove mine that much.

Congrats Carl!
I'm still waiting for the 1,000,000 mile post.
Someone has to be close???

Back