• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

OMG I Bought One!

1992 manual with 83,000 miles. Missing its collapsible spare tire. Anybody have a spare to spare?!?!?! I would also prefer to have the stock Acura wheel caps.

The Fast and Furious interior will have to grow on me, but at the cheap $31,000 purchase price, I certainly have some room to make it my own.

Don't congratulate me yet. I bought it sight unseen.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• nsx1.jpg
    nsx1.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,088
  • nsx5.jpg
    nsx5.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,084
$31k sounds great on the face of it, even if you have to spend a little changing it back to stock. Congrats and welcome!

Red rover, red rover, Please cross over... To oem that is.;-) Nawww just playing. Looks mechanically sound. Congrats and welcome.

Welcome to the ownership club! You only have 2 posts but hopefully you've on the site for a while and using the resources. If not, make sure you familiarize yourself with the NSX Wiki on this site. It can be found on the red action bar at the top of most pages and contains a wealth of information about the car; maintenance topics; popular modifications; etc. Of course you can use the Forums search function but sometimes going to the Wiki can be easier than wading through pages and pages of Forum posts. Unfortunately, the Wiki content has been locked down for a while and some parts are old .. but then the car didn't really change all that much over the years so much of the information is still appropriate.

Hopefully the previous owner(s) kept a maintenance history that you can refer to. The first thing you should get a handle on is when the timing belt/major service was last done. Acura recommendation is 7 years or 90k miles whichever comes FIRST. So, based on the age, it should already have been replaced several times. If the belt fails, bad & expensive things can happen. Hopefully it's been changed recently .. if not, start putting some money away and have it done soon. And if the clutch hasn't been done, you're probably nearing its limit as well. It appears someone has made some audio changes so at least you shouldn't have the typical OEM Bose audio issues.

Now, just get out and enjoy it!
Enjoy .. Ian

Congrats and welcome! Nice thing about a car that isn't stock is that you're free from the burden of wanting to keep it stock.

Red rover, red rover, Please cross over... To oem that is.;-) Nawww just playing. Looks mechanically sound. Congrats and welcome.

sorry, i had to nitpick this. How does it look mechanically sound?

You should be able to eBay the center caps.

If you are going to change over to OEM parts I would recommend

Tim Poliniak
Acura of Peoria
(866) 347-8355
[email protected]

Tim gives us all a discount and offers free shipping for the larger orders (they get large very fast).

Nice Fog lights

Parts are starting to get scarce so if you are going to change the car back you will need to order parts soon. Welcome to NSX ownership!

regarding the spare, I think someone once made a mercedes vredestein inflatable spare tire fit onto the oem spare rim. IIRC they had to find a shop willing to do it, but it worked fine. The OEM spare is over $900 from Acura.

If you are interested I just installed a new glove compartment door in my NSX. I have the old one that was in good shape. You could swap the door with the red one. If you PM me we could work out a price.

Congrats and welcome! Nice thing about a car that isn't stock is that you're free from the burden of wanting to keep it stock.

sorry, i had to nitpick this. How does it look mechanically sound?
Because it says Honda motor CO. LTD all over it...

1992 manual with 83,000 miles. Missing its collapsible spare tire. Anybody have a spare to spare?!?!?!

As previously stated, new spares are prohibitively expensive. Used spares are 20+ years old and not much good other than to look at and take up space. Just get AAA or add towing/roadside assistance to your insurance.

Interesting... Looks like EDM fog lamps and original/rare (skinny) chin spoiler.

Did you end up purchasing?

Last edited:
haha is the passenger floor mat an inflatable life vest?????:biggrin:

Congratulations!

For frontal collision safety, I'd think seriously about getting a steering wheel with an airbag, and would get any available stock spare wheel, with functional rubber or not.
I believe that having a spare in place adds substance that may well protect the occupants in a frontal collision.

haha is the passenger floor mat an inflatable life vest?????:biggrin:
It's a lifeguard on duty full time... The paint is bitchin on this car though. Just need some toned down interior options. My interior was way worse when I brought mine home.

The clock door is a cheap part to replace as I did mine after I bought it. The spring is a pain to get into place though.

The collapsible spare tire is just extra unneeded weight. (29 lbs) Congrats on the purchase though!

P.S. It's not a box full of rocks I swear. :wink:

Back